Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Quote[/b] ]Hi all,

If you want,

I've one model of Sv-98 from one good friend

it looks a good model smile_o.gif

Thanks Robert but Bionic is making us a fresh new one wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]than is near the V.2 release?

More or less, we still have some things to finish and to talk about but... can't say exactly how much time but should be close wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i might just have to quit work when this thing comes out :P

biggrin_o.gif

Something from our amazing photographer , Mr. Andrei from Russia (NSX) wink_o.gif

VR2_1.jpg

VR2_2.jpg

VR2_3.jpg

VR2_4.jpg

VR2_5.jpg

VR2_6.jpg

"Released date!!!"

Who who who?huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

BTW this pics are Awesome!!! smile_o.gif

---

But guys Pleas Fix ths Vanilla Opfor Boots!!!

@Shadow?

Great work to all involved. I have been silently following progress on this and am looking forward to the day you make us all jump around in our rooms  yay.gif

"Released date!!!"

Who who who?huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

BTW this pics are Awesome!!! smile_o.gif

---

But guys Pleas Fix ths Vanilla Opfor Boots!!!

@Shadow?

They are good enough for me plus somehow i find it hard to edit such stretched UV mapped textures like those of the boots.

I just never get themt o fit right.

Quote[/b] ]But guys Pleas Fix ths Vanilla Opfor Boots!!!

Mate, we can't - there are no BIS OFPOR models out, so it's either keep the blokes like they are, or have blokes wearing black, shiny pants on their shins.  smile_o.gif

I guess he meant retexture it to something like these

Russian Boots

Could take pics of mine and use that but like i said i fail at laying out the textures right plus i dont plan to redo the normals again.

Ive got a new rpg7 model im making with RPG7 russian backpacks... Not sure if you would want to later add these in.. Let me know... and I can send you a beta as soon as its ready

There's no need to change the boots textures, the way BIS mapped the boots makes it almost impossible to make it better.

When we release our custom models you will have fresh new boots as well as many other things  wink_o.gif

But that's for Version 3, now we talk about Vr2:

Vr2 is close to the release, beta stage is already advanced, so far we did't spot many bugs which is a good sign (altough something always slips, which are the ones you guys will find for us, so you'll be our beta testers later hehe biggrin_o.gif ). Still, if we have the same bugs we did on Vr 1 (1 bug) than it means we did a good job.

I think you guys will like this Version, specially if you liked the one before, lots of things have been added and changed for better. There's some surprises that haven't been mentioned, like for example some weapons that haven't been shown or talked about.

Perssonaly I'm very happy with our work and I think this time we defenetly are making the difference for the East Side with lots of quality.

We tried to involve as many people as possible 2 heads think better than 1, 10 or more heads are a force to be reckoned and I think this is a good time to talk about all of the people involved (Steve use this for the read me please  wink_o.gif  ).

Quote[/b] ]Project Leaders:

Shadow NX and Skaven

Modelers:

Bionic, Tomacher, Kenji, TwinkMaster, Woody, Ettubrutesbro, Tiger, Vilas, FW200 and Skaven.

Textures:

Bionic, Tomacher, Kenji, Tiger, TwinkMaster, Racer445, Woody, Vilas, Shadow NX and Skaven.

Recoils:

Twisted

Ballistics and Sights:

NoWonderDog, tpM and Kenji.

Sounds:

RobertHammer and tpM.

Coding & Addon Structure:

CameronMcDonald, tpM and Skaven.

Scripts:

Big Dawg KS.

Photographer:

NSX

Beta Testers:

All mentioned above.

Advisors:

NSX, FW200 and BIS forum menbers.

Special thanks to:

Panda[PL] from 6th sense, SLX Team, BIS, Jackal326, Simba, Maddmatt, Wilco, BIS forum menbers and ORCS (for continuos advices and sugestions on the Russian forum).

I did of course forgot someone that I hope to remenber on time  smile_o.gif

As I said above a force to be reckoned, that travels around the world in places like: (by no special order)

Germany, Portugal, Denmark, Japan, South Africa, Russia, US, Netherleands, Polland, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia, Australia, Finland, Canada and Sweden. Version 3 will have a lot more I hope. biggrin_o.gif

Sometimes when I talk to this guys I think to myself how can there be wars in this world?

We have all sorts of cultures, languages, religions, politics, ages... and we all go along very well, we did specially managed to make something together and that makes me very happy.

ty my friends  smile_o.gif

Well done all!

Skaven + Shadow NX - what are you still missing from me? I think the VDV and KLMK Marines you definitely have, but I haven't whacked the modern Marines to you yet, and I think I meant to change the normal maps one last time on the VDV as well.

Yeah had a go on the normals myself which is good cause i learned a lot about it and could create them using the original ( too huge to send ) psd layers.

However i completely suck when it comes to configs and suchso Cameron still is important as he sets up which model uses which texture and the usage of models in general.

guys great job and realy cool pictures, u guys really know what u're doing, and u once mentioned T-64 or something, and A BMD-3, any news ?

and thanx for the great job, we all aw u one tounge2.gif

Ive got a new rpg7 model im making with RPG7 russian backpacks... Not sure if you would want to later add these in.. Let me know... and I can send you a beta as soon as its ready

well i'd like to get those notworthy.gif

Check page one there you can download the V1 of the weapons and troops.

V2 and edited troops will be released very soon, think its more a matter of days than weeks but dont take my word for it as youll never know what happens.

Steve my part of the readme is fineshed I'll send it to you once I arrive home.

Since English is my third language and since most of you guys probably won't read the readme, I'm gonna post a part of it that may have some mistakes, if you spot some, please help me by pointing them so I can correct it on time, ty  wink_o.gif

... from a small part of the read me...

* Some Important Notes: *

1 - You'll find an ammo box (inside the editor) with all weapons available under the name of "RHS Weapons&Ammo Box", most of the weapons aren't equipped on the soldiers since they are away too many for our ammount of soldiers and also for a realistic point of view, normally you don't see a Russian squad equipped with 10 or 12 different types of weapons, we tried to mantain this by balancing the realism/fun to play factor.

2 - The disposable RPG feature is only available for our custom soldiers, normal BIS units will use our RPGS without droping them after firing.

3 - Most of the weapons may use more than one magazine, they are defined for example as: AK74Mmag/AK74mag/AK74pmag, there is no real advantage between them, we use more than one class, only to allow us to share different color magazines between the same family of weapons, unfortunatetly replacing the magazine models while switching magazines would increase our addon size dramatically, so, for now, we will not include this feature.

4 - Each of this weapons has its own advantages and disadvantages, with time you will understand how to deal with each one of them, for example, you will notice that its slightly easier to turn the iron sights of an AKM than an AKM-GP25 (weight simulation), you will notice that the AKM-PBS1 has its range of fire dramatically decreased to simulate real life standards.

A good choice for CQB would be the AKM-S since its fast, light and has a good rate of fire, however don't use it for large distance firefights since the recoil is a lot higher than its future variants ie: AK-74.

The AK-103 for example would be a good choice to use for a large caliber controlled distance fire due to its modern standards, or the AK-74M (with a smaller caliber) since its the modern version of the first AK-74 therefore its recoil is decreased.

For night missions you would probably like to equip your team with VAL weapons, however if you aim to go mainely CQB (at night) than the AKM-S PBS1 is definitely the weapon you will want to equip yourself with, covered by a VSS sniper of course.

Each of the weapon's family has its own recoils, again to simulate the real standards and to allow them not only to look/fire differentely but also to feel differentely when handled by the Human player.

Just some examples, I'm sure you will find a lot more as you play with our addon.

5 - All weapons have 5 Distance Lods plus View Pilot, Geometry, Memory and Shadow Lod, the decrease of polys between lods is more or less of 50% per lod, 95% of our weapons use only one texture which means that in terms of gameplay/playability they should be as good as the original BIS weapons, therefore not compromising your FPS and general gameplay, this was one of our main targets on Vr2 and will always be a standard in our RHS creations since we feel it's our responsability towards you to not compromise your ARMA game.

6 - We are not releasing any missions in this release, instead we have a RHS Mission Makers team on our plans, so we can while updating our work (usually 1 Version per month) offer you guys new missions to play from time to time.

7 - By request from the community we release this version 2 without custom soldiers/vehicles models, Version 3 will of course feature not only custom models for the weapons but for all the soldiers and vehicles as well, we are already working on it.

8 - We tried to use all modern features brought to us by the new O2, so we've added for example .rvmat files to all this weapons, as we learn more from our nice new tool we will keep updating them and modernizing them as much as possible, nevertheless you will notice some good 80% change on the old weapons that went from textures, to models to probably everythig we could think of.

9 - We tested our work countless hours however, due to the amount of things we are releasing, it's possible that some bugs may have slipped, we count on you to help us detecting them so we can in the future versions fix them, you are our forward RHS beta tester, you can contact us in the BIS Forum with a Private Message or on our Forum Thread, ty, all help is welcome.

Just two cases of "ain't" (in point 1 and 6) -> "are not" or "aren't". "Ain't" is an Americanization, and most definately not kosher English biggrin_o.gif

Might be some other grammar stuff in there, but that's the only thing that glaringly jumped out at me. Sounds like a pretty good pack! smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug