Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Looks good! i really like playing with duct taped mags biggrin_o.gif

And i have a question! In the first post in this thread, there's a pic of some US soldiers with their hands on their heads, how do i make them surrender like that?

@popcorn

Try this:

this setcaptive true

this playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon"

WOW Cam, they look fu***** awesome yay.gif

I love that "Bonnie hat in Khaki "!

BTW Great Job like always thumbs-up.gif

welcome.gif

------

But i really hope u can make Something with this Vanilla Opfor boots,  banghead.gif

hey man, they look awsome, keep up the good work mate,

and about the RPG 22, it really doesnt matter how its camo looks like, what really matters is when we'll get to use it :P cheers man thanx for the nice work crazy_o.gif

than we're near to release or now with O2 releases do u do model modifications?

What would you say FW, one RPG with my leaf camo is ok?

just to nitpick all your ak-74m gasblocks are wrong. they are all the old style slant instead of the new style 90 degree ones

here

gasblockcomparison.jpg

notice on the 47 how its slanted and on the 74 it isint. they were aparntly having trouble with the slanted gasblock on the 74's as they werent expelling enough pressure to operate the action.

just thought i'd let yall know.

i relly relly like playing with your guys!

cant wait for the next update!

btw if you need more pics let me know and i'll take a couple

Yeah we are aware of this as someone pointed it to me before but all i can say is V3 of the pack cause after hundreds of workign hours especially Skaven is pretty damn tired now and i can understand him for saying he wont edit the V2 pack anymore.

But maybe he proves me wrong there smile_o.gif

With Jackal's help, after 6 hours of work, Rvmat files were added to all models  smile_o.gif

What is a .rvmat some may ask?

Rvmat is a config that goes directely to the model giving it straight information on how to use normal maps and where to load the files for doing so.

Advantages:

1 - Ability to view and change normal mapped models directely in O2/Viwer, so no more openeing the game to check how normal maps are looking like.

2 - Possibility to normal map Lods individually which somehow should improve gameplay. I've only normal mapped the Pilot View and the 1st Lod, from my tests everything is working great.

In theory (someone help me here if I'm wrong) at something like 15 meters this weapons instead of using 3 textures (normal texture + Bump + Specular) are only reading one.

Disadvantages:

1 - None.

All weapons have 5 distance lods now + Geometry + Memory + Pilot View + Shadow Lod, so they are exactely like BIS lods with a decrease of more of  less 50% poly/faces per lod, this allows with no doubts a smoother gameplay.

As I keep learning the new O2 I will of course implement all the new features available in this weapons.

Great news there, il like what i read so far especially the disadvantages part ^^

These weapons are a really nice addition to my arma install.

It's nice to get proper, accurate weapons for the east side to make the warfare less asymmetric and more enjoyable. Because I just quite recently purchesed the game, I'm not completely aware about the progress of the add-on scene. (but i'm trying to lurk and search actively to prevent unnecessary posting and asking questions)

My only problem is that i can't seem to get these to work through the modfolder method, but as I don't have too many add-ons as of yet to manage copying and removing files shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Looking forwards to v2 thumbs-up.gif

Well they shoudl work fine if you set up your modfolder that way:

- Create new folder in ArmA main directory which can be named for example RHS or whatever you prefer

- In the new folder create another new folder and call it Addons ( or just addon i cant check atm, look at the original one and if its also just addon then use that naming )

- Move the .pbo files from our pack into this addon folder

- On your desktop right click the ofp shortcut and go into properties ( no sure whats the correct english term as my OS is in German )

- In the line where the link to your Arma exe is add: -mod=RHS

( or whatever you named it )

- Save changes

When you start ArmA with your shortcut now it should load the RHS modfolder so you can find our units under OPFOR side in the editor.

Or more simply you just throw them intot he original BIS addon folder, however i recommend to use the modfolders cause most time when you try to patch your ArmA it will react very allergic to non BIS addons in the original main Addons folder

If you tell me whats that supposed to mean ill answer it smile_o.gif

I think Marxis is asking if our future Vr2 will only work in ARMA, if that's the question yes smile_o.gif

or

Marxis is asking if our future Version 2 will only have ARMA=Weapons in that case no, version 2 will have soldiers, weapons and some more surprises.

if the last is the case then the question was pretty badly asked smile_o.gif

Like the packs before V3 will offcourse be also ArmA only.

We wont port it to OFP but we will offcourse port it to ArmA2 if there arent better packs out there till then ( and get the tools in time or be able to use the current ones ).

sorry for my stupid question biggrin_o.gif , i meant if you will have weapons modelled exclusivly for ArmA or OFP imports ?

At this stage 50% are new, and even the ones we imported are so different and had so many changes that you can consider everything new smile_o.gif

Yeah we are aware of this as someone pointed it to me before but all i can say is V3 of the pack cause after hundreds of workign hours especially Skaven is pretty damn tired now and i can understand him for saying he wont edit the V2 pack anymore.

But maybe he proves me wrong there smile_o.gif

okay dokie!

Quote[/b] ]At this stage 50% are new, and even the ones we imported are so different and had so many changes that you can consider everything new

Please respect the original creator. I spent many hours on the first weaponpack. The pack you indeed so nicely modified.

Indeed, also you are named in the readme in the credits section Totmacher.

Plus model wise indeed nearly anything is new, textures are a mix of photos, the original cs textures and the rhs pack textures by totmacher.

Would have asked you but it seemed you were disapeared since you didnt reply on my last offline messages in icq.