Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

2Shadow NX

Number on BMP is 103. Take zero out and you'll have 13 - famous devil's dozen. Caught it?

Was bit bored so i decided to reskin the vests... well i ended up with changing a bit more:

Its one of the skins that im happy with myself... rather rare

@Cameron

You get all stuff next few days as i got a week off from work so i can finnish it all up this week.

2 Shadow NX, a few little comments on the screenshot you've posted wink_o.gif

The patch on your screen is for 106th VDV (Tula) not 76th (Pskov);) and also the patch itself on the soldiers should be larger - it should almost touch the edges of the sleeve's pocket, as you can see on this pic

wink_o.gif the real diameter of patch is 84 mm smile_o.gif

Amazing... cause i made it after looking into the pic folder you sent me and there you name the guys with these 76th.

Funny thing is i had 106th on the pic before but edited it again after looking at the pics.

Along with the PM i just received about the weapons ( lots wrong, russians will hate it... kinda ) this already made my day.

Btw, think patch is ok as i drawed the pockets kinda big.

They are almost look alike, so it is easy to get confused (;)76th & 106th);)

Not a big deal for such a GREAT mod wink_o.gif

I'm russian and I really appreciate the work you are doing))) - so take it easy wink_o.gif

Here's a small update:

Realistic Ballistics and Sights by NonWonderDog have been added to all Weapons/Magazines (with permission of course).

Bionic sent me the new Pecheneg and the replacing is finneshed, I'll show you NO pictures of this one, it's a surprise for you.

@NSX, please avoid posting pictures of the new Pecheneg, some people asked us to keep some weapons has surprises so this one and the ones Kenji is finishing will stay out of sight until the day of the release, ty wink_o.gif

Here's a small update:

Realistic Ballistics and Sights by NonWonderDog have been added to all Weapons/Magazines (with permission of course).

What can i say, you did the right thing biggrin_o.gif  Thank you for that. Does it include the 7,62x39 and 9x39 ammo too btw? It wasn't included in NonWonderDog's mod due to the absense of weapons using them.

Quote[/b] ]What can i say, you did the right thing Thank you for that. Does it include the 7,62x39 and 9x39 ammo too btw? It wasn't included in NonWonderDog's mod due to the absense of weapons using them.

Yep, NonWonderDog sent me those values yesterday, ty mate biggrin_o.gif

Very nice video, seen it before but in lower res smile_o.gif

Think it will give people a bit insight on the variety of modern russian arms.

Too bad they didnt show the test chamber where they simulate really hefty sand storms and shoot the weapon afterwards.

---

Also a little ontopic, i decided to change the troops textures quite a bit and decided to remove the M88 again, maybe it will show in some soviet era addon later though.

However you guys will love the textures and new detail of things.

Also added new patches and right setup, had no new army patch so i used a tiny reference pic and copied things together from other patches to make me a new naval one... outcome is pretty nice i think.

---

Also i wanna thank everyone that support us especially on the weapons, however we have reached a point now where we keep changes for v3 which means there are some tiny inaccuracys ( that the normal user will never notice ) that we are aware of but they wont be fixed in V2 cause there are already countless hours invested in the addon and we need a little break now.

Hope noone minds cause they are still great weaps and as long as you cant find better ones i think they are the best you can get for ArmA.

So... when do you release?

...as long as you cant find better ones i think they are the best you can get for ArmA.

I agree with you there, but, isn't it like when a preacher is saying "God's existence is evident, otherwise he would come down and smack me"  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]However you guys will love the textures and new detail of things.

An Artist happy with his art? Amazing!  biggrin_o.gif

Glad to see some confidence from you Steve, I always said you made some of the best textures around... now I say you probably did the best (imo) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also i wanna thank everyone that support us especially on the weapons, however we have reached a point now where we keep changes for v3 which means there are some tiny inaccuracys ( that the normal user will never notice ) that we are aware of but they wont be fixed in V2 cause there are already countless hours invested in the addon and we need a little break now.

This weapons are a damm good job alright, perssonaly I've spent something like 600/700 hours on them, so be sure they are a great job, but yes they ain't perfect yet, we still have some space to improove, not much I'm afraid since It's getting very close now, but... while this space lasts so will the Versions.

Excuse me for my lack of modesty but imo this are the best Aks/Val/Vss/Pecheneg this game as ever saw and I have a feeling it will continue for a long long time (or until Neph releases her very promessing AK-74M).

In total at this moment we have 46 weapons  biggrin_o.gif The number will probably increase to 50 until the day of the release. We covered everything from Light Mgs, Mgs, Riffles, Hand-Guns, RPGs, Sub Machine Guns... .

We were also extremely careful trying to make all this weapons seem different between them, all values have been carefully planned, from individual recoils to dexterity, dispersion, you name it.

Soon you guys will understand what I mean. It's not just like choosing an AK-103 or an AK-74M instead, in fact this weapons have different advantages and disavantages, specially now that we use NoWonderDog's values and sights, you will even find different sights for each PSO-1/Caliber.

I'm very happy with this weapons, in fact I say it's a damm great team work, I tried to involve as many people as possible because I believe 2 heads think and work better than just one, so to Bionic, Kenji, FW200, RobertHammer, tpM, Twisted, Vilas, TwhinkMaster, NSX, Tiger, NoWonderDog, Big Dawg KS and to all you guys that are reading this now, yes that means you!

Thank you my good friends, you all ROCK !!!!  smile_o.gif

... and yes we need some vacations, I say once Vr2 is out we have done our part to help ARMA grow and specially to balance things a lot to the East side  biggrin_o.gif

smile_o.gif You guys deserve your rest... after you release, then you can rest, now get releasing biggrin_o.gif.

I´ve followed this thread at daily basis and i´m very much looking forward to the release, you guys rock smile_o.gif

... and yes we need some vacations

No you dont, back to work!!  mad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Thank you, looking forward to the release!

Quote[/b] ]However you guys will love the textures and new detail of things.

An Artist happy with his art? Amazing! biggrin_o.gif

Glad to see some confidence from you Steve, I always said you made some of the best textures around... now I say you probably did the best (imo) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also i wanna thank everyone that support us especially on the weapons, however we have reached a point now where we keep changes for v3 which means there are some tiny inaccuracys ( that the normal user will never notice ) that we are aware of but they wont be fixed in V2 cause there are already countless hours invested in the addon and we need a little break now.

This weapons are a damm good job alright, perssonaly I've spent something like 600/700 hours on them, so be sure they are a great job, but yes they ain't perfect yet, we still have some space to improove, not much I'm afraid since It's getting very close now, but... while this space lasts so will the Versions.

Excuse me for my lack of modesty but imo this are the best Aks/Val/Vss/Pecheneg this game as ever saw and I have a feeling it will continue for a long long time (or until Neph releases her very promessing AK-74M).

In total at this moment we have 46 weapons biggrin_o.gif The number will probably increase to 50 until the day of the release. We covered everything from Light Mgs, Mgs, Riffles, Hand-Guns, RPGs, Sub Machine Guns... .

We were also extremely careful trying to make all this weapons seem different between them, all values have been carefully planned, from individual recoils to dexterity, dispersion, you name it.

Soon you guys will understand what I mean. It's not just like choosing an AK-103 or an AK-74M instead, in fact this weapons have different advantages and disavantages, specially now that we use NoWonderDog's values and sights, you will even find different sights for each PSO-1/Caliber.

I'm very happy with this weapons, in fact I say it's a damm great team work, I tried to involve as many people as possible because I believe 2 heads think and work better than just one, so to Bionic, Kenji, FW200, RobertHammer, tpM, Twisted, Vilas, TwhinkMaster, NSX, Tiger, NoWonderDog, Big Dawg KS and to all you guys that are reading this now, yes that means you!

Thank you my good friends, you all ROCK !!!! smile_o.gif

... and yes we need some vacations, I say once Vr2 is out we have done our part to help ARMA grow and specially to balance things a lot to the East side biggrin_o.gif

Much agreed, definitely the best thread and mini-community around this thread ever. The combination of great modder's who are already in the know, and a community to help them with whatever they don't know, has created a truly great mod. Even the pickiest people can all be happy with this one. Your attention to detail is amazing, and it is good to find a place where people do not think the Russian military is decades old. Russian weapon makers will most likely become the clear best in the world, if they keep this pace up. NSX i do have knowledge of many of Russia's new sub machine guns but id like more. Would you happen to have a site with most of Russia's new age sub machine guns? Multiple sites would be fine as well. Of course any video such as the one posted above that contains these weapons would be great also. Enjoy your vacation guys, but i know you can't stay away from this forever :P.

Would you happen to have a site with most of Russia's new age sub machine guns? Multiple sites would be fine as well. Of course any video such as the one posted above that contains these weapons would be great also. Enjoy your vacation guys, but i know you can't stay away from this forever :P.

World.guns.ru is always the best place to start, it has regular updates (once every few weeks) and has detailed information on even the most obscure of weapons. There was a link to a PDF file posted a few pages back that had a lot of information on the latest weapons from Russia.

You don't need the site, you'll be able to play with some of them soon wink_o.gif

Remember that by your request there are some weapons still to be discovered/mentioned that haven't been posted wink_o.gif

Also, this weapons ain't the only surprise we made for you wink_o.gif

... enough said, now test test test smile_o.gif

skaven with the good news again can't wait for the release. seriously, i can't wait going crazy over here :P

Me too! Damn you perfectionists! Just release it already! banghead.gif

Completely kidding around. rofl.gif

Seriously though, Thanks for considering my post a while back and keeping things quiet. The surprise aspect is excellent but the suspense is killing me.

Also added new patches and right setup, had no new army patch so i used a tiny reference pic and copied things together from other patches to make me a new naval one... outcome is pretty nice i think.

What army patch do you need, my friend? - May be I can help wink_o.gif

The naval ones but like i said i think i made me one from others that looks spot on smile_o.gif

But if you have info on newest patches its offcourse always welcome, maybe we can use it for other units.