Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

brilliant...nothing more to say... well ok...couple of words..looking forward to the special units in v2 smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

... and well of course also thanks for the wonderful mi24 collection smile_o.gif

Small Update:

We're testing things now, personally I'm checking the weapons one by one (43 so far but will be 46 total), we're going to have a new Pecheneg model made by Bionic and 1 or 2 more RPGs made by Kenji. I'm also testing 1 of the 2 surprises we will be giving to you guys.

Shadow NX did it again and he impressed us a lot more this time, we thought Vr1 soldiers were the best he could do... well, when we saw his Cold War Marines and GRU we went like ... oh my god wow_o.gif

As soon as Cameron makes his normal maps you'll understand what I mean. wink_o.gif

From Vr1, we changed the soldiers a small bit according to the feedback, so if you liked them before you will like them more now.

The Vr1 weapons have all been modified, I think the easiest way to describe the modifications is to tell you what wasn't changed... well the wood parts have been only remodeled we kept the textures and most iron sights have been kept intact, I think all the rest has been changed. From coding, to normal maps... new receivers for all the weapons... I think when you guys try them you will understand how different they are now (for better I hope) we reached a point where the decisions are now are a lot more based on taste than really on fixing or improving.

I'm very happy with this weapons and soldiers and I'm sure most of you will like them (not all I hope, the ones that don't like are the ones that makes us change for better, or at least to talk between each others to reach an agreement).

That's it for now, ty all for you nice comments and specially for your help wink_o.gif

Shadow NX did it again and he impressed us a lot more this time, we thought Vr1 soldiers were the best he could do... well, when we saw his Cold War Marines and GRU we went like ... oh my god wow_o.gif

As soon as Cameron makes his normal maps you'll understand what I mean. wink_o.gif

From Vr1, we changed the soldiers a small bit according to the feedback, so if you liked them before you will like them more now.

I think you praise them more than they deserve as i know a hindred things i would like to improve.

But i guess a "artist" is never really happy with his own work.

Sounds like a cross between an AS Val and an AK 47. Im sure if it was in popular use that there would be some pictures...

Heres a little something i made frome some of my OFP leftover textures...

arma2007081203174142ok6.jpg

Maybe this vsr camo will find its way into the next pack, just not sure on which unit.

Still need the KLMK normal bases, Shadow. Just drop them to me whenever. wink_o.gif

Fixed Marine normals too, they look rather less in-your-face now. smile_o.gif

AK-9

789404.jpg

IMO - just another "counterterrorism" gun like Groza. Same 9mm bullet. Not to say Groza is more compact and ergonomic and can be used with diffirent supressors, GPs or diffirent sights too.

Btw, continuening theme of MP5. Here's Vitjaz - have almost the same characteristics as MP5 and made for MVD special groups.

788927.jpg

And here Vitjaz SN based on AK104:

788929.jpg

Should be easy to do, IMO.

Yes that's very easy to do, in fact we have all the parts that weapon uses, we just need the magazine which is easy to make.

I'll do that weapon now but it will be released on Vr3 only, hopefully with the MVD, no need for more weapons on Vr2 biggrin_o.gif

ty for the pics Andrei wink_o.gif

Was bit bored so i decided to reskin the vests... well i ended up with changing a bit more:

106thfo1.th.jpg

Its one of the skins that im happy with myself... rather rare

@Cameron

You get all stuff next few days as i got a week off from work so i can finnish it all up this week.

Hi guys,

Will the partisan camo pattern also be in V2, do you guys have more screens of it?

Lennard. notworthy.gif

Here, here. Honestly, I wish they would only post one or two pictures or even none at all. I like to be surprised. It's not like these master artists have ever let us down. I try not look at the pictures but that's just not possible. If they are there I just can't help looking. Keep up the incredible work you guys.

2Lennard

Partizan is not a camo, it's a masking suit.

Was a bit bored, so here some teasers. Pecheneg is old model though.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G6.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

@NSX

Look at page 12 of this thread and you know what I mean.

@Lennard

Yeah, my screen there - I know it. wink_o.gif But this texture just try to simulate Gorka, which is spetsnaz masking suit in RL - that's what I was trying to say.

Omg I see a tank in the second screen and it is not a original BMP wow_o.gif

I think its a reskinned BMP-2 they posted screenshots of a while ago.

Correct and the more pics of it i see the more i think the numbers look odd...

Aha - the number is a lot like devil's dozen. Not too lucky. tounge2.gif