Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

I don't know how Chammy added the code for his MOD, you must ask him instead, but it should be very simple wink_o.gif

I'm back online now, Skaven + Shadow, so the infantry are being worked upon as we speak.  biggrin_o.gif

Are the grey files i added useful for some better normals or do i need to change things?

Well, I need one for the KLMK oversmock, but the ones you sent for the GRU seem good enough for me, mate. biggrin_o.gif

So yeah, if you could do one for the KLMK body texture, I'd be mighty pleased.

I'm back online now, Skaven + Shadow, so the infantry are being worked upon as we speak. biggrin_o.gif

Are the grey files i added useful for some better normals or do i need to change things?

Well, I need one for the KLMK oversmock, but the ones you sent for the GRU seem good enough for me, mate. biggrin_o.gif

So yeah, if you could do one for the KLMK body texture, I'd be mighty pleased.

I will finish most over the weekend, plus i dont have to work next week so i got a lot of time.

I changed few textures on VDV and the Spetsnaz so i send you those along with the KLMK stuff.

For now only work on the Marines and maybe post a pic later when you got soem first results, i hope the files allow you to make a more BIS style normalmapping and i guess that makes people shut up who asked if the sleeve pocket was made of coal ( ? ) smile_o.gif

The files you gave me are pretty OK for normals, problem is that now it seems that edges are too pronounced, as seen here, and the problem of the material texture itself showing up in certain areas only:

Rus1.jpg

And, a little KLMK love (awaiting proper normal maps):

Rus2.jpg

Hope they look OK. smile_o.gif

Oh, i think that way look a little too strong wow_o.gif

Can we lower the values that set the height of the effect maybe?

I'll help you Cam, turn your msn on and I'll do it for you wink_o.gif

And i was thinking the silenced Makarov was the PB?

@Skaven

hey whats that, WIP handguns for your next release ?, looks great  wink_o.gif

Have you remake a RPK-74 with a deployed bipod?

Nice guns but why no modern pistols like OTs-33 or MP-443?

These guns so remind me of VC2... Great job ppl. Just love these!!!

Quote[/b] ]And i was thinking the silenced Makarov was the PB?

biggrin_o.gif Actually the APS Silenced is called APB or APSB, B - stands for Beshumniy or Silenced (English) in game I'll call it APB biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Have you remake a RPK-74 with a deployed bipod?

All bipods are up now, since we can't make them work it doesn't make much sense having them always down, the same does not apply to the the Heavy Machine Guns.

Quote[/b] ]Nice guns but why no modern pistols like OTs-33 or MP-443?

We'll get there, give us time, this is not a factory, yet biggrin_o.gif

43 Weapons in the pack, the ones repeated from Vr1 are like 60% different now, so you can imagine the amount of hours we spent on this smile_o.gif No worries, we'll do them all sooner or later biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, i know it's not possible to put a silencer on a standart PM... The PB is a heavily modified PM created to be used with a silencer (a bit like MP5 vs MP5SD, but the silencer is still removeable).

I think TabloMaxos is working on a PB model, or at least theres a mesh of one in his sig. Maybe you should drop him a PM?

World.Guns PB Page As you can see, its a different to a regular Makarov fitted with suppressor.

Well it's supposed to replace BIS Makarov SD confused_o.gif

Gonna check it with the advisors.

Skaven

It's not a military PM, it is a commercial IZH-70 (look at sport rear sight) with US import markings on left side and set to SAFE mode. One of textures of the right side is a mirror of left side and have mirrored serial number and shadow of non existing part.

To Peter13

Model is from sport model that's right ,but is skinned like real military Makarov and those rear sight it doesn't matter,together we got the real makarov ok mate

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And i was thinking the silenced Makarov was the PB?

biggrin_o.gif Actually the APS Silenced is called APB or APSB, B - stands for Beshumniy or Silenced (English) in game I'll call it APB biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Have you remake a RPK-74 with a deployed bipod?

All bipods are up now, since we can't make them work it doesn't make much sense having them always down, the same does not apply to the the Heavy Machine Guns.

Quote[/b] ]Nice guns but why no modern pistols like OTs-33 or MP-443?

We'll get there, give us time, this is not a factory, yet biggrin_o.gif

43 Weapons in the pack, the ones repeated from Vr1 are like 60% different now, so you can imagine the amount of hours we spent on this smile_o.gif No worries, we'll do them all sooner or later biggrin_o.gif

Touche... i asked about the Makarov and not about the Stechkin tounge2.gif

THis one of the things BIS did right in ArmA, instead of just making a Ja,es Bond version of the PM they used the PB which - as some said before - is a pretty different model with a more round front part where you screw a silencer on.

I think i still have a model somwhere of a PB, but i dunno if its better than the new Makarovs model so we can maybe also modify that one.