Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Impressive work on the T-64, but please do check the spelling in the armory description note before release wink_o.gif

Thats already fixed in the latest version i think smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Impressive work on the T-64, but please do check the spelling in the armory description note before release wink_o.gif

Kenji is Japanese, I'm surprised how he managed to wright that all down, we will help him in the description when the time comes biggrin_o.gif

Glad you guys are making more and more russian weapons. Seeing that you are passing on to explosive stuff, are you going to make RPO "Shmel"? Don't know if it's possible to correctly simulate the effect of thermobaric explosion in Arma, but i'd like to see it ingame as it's widely used in russian army.

btw, are you making that RPG-22 diposable? Is it at all possible to make non-reloadable weapons in Arma? Just don't want another AT-4 joke  tounge2.gif

As to the RPG model, it looks kind of shorty to me? At this picture it looks longer and thinner: PIC

Maybe just my eyes...

Quote[/b] ]Seeing that you are passing on to explosive stuff, are you going to make RPO "Shmel"?

Not for now, but we will sooner or later make all the Russian Weapons and launchers, even Mortars so... .

Quote[/b] ]Is it at all possible to make non-reloadable weapons in Arma? Just don't want another AT-4 joke tounge2.gif

That's the nightmare I'm trying to find out now confused_o.gif

RPG-22 but i think you have seen it....

rpg22.jpg

...as good as real AT weapon RPG-29 ("vs." Javelin)

rpg29.jpg

(Are there any plans to make the Kornet-E system?)

You making real great addons and they gain more influence in gameplay and atmosphere!! Don't show the full list before final release - surprises can be nice wink_o.gif

But these fantastik klmk units are by you Skaven?

cwnaval1fg9.jpg

cwnaval2hk7.jpg

Can't wait to see them ingame.......... wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can't wait to see them ingame..........

haha well look at the screens in your post they are ingame whistle.gif No just kidding I know what you mean and I totally agree with that! notworthy.gif

Lennard.

Quote[/b] ]Is it at all possible to make non-reloadable weapons in Arma? Just don't want another AT-4 joke  tounge2.gif

That's the nightmare I'm trying to find out now  confused_o.gif

The WGL mod for ofp had non-reloadable AT weapons. WGL are now the ACE mod. You could PM them and ask how they did it or get permission to use their scripts.

@NSX - Probably should not even say anything but your attitude in the last couple pages was bad. All you needed to do was point out your fact nicely. Instead you got all worked up over a tiny little problem. Wise up.

Love the addons so far. Can't wait for the armour, RHS are my favourite addons for OFP. Especially the armour.

Quote[/b] ](Are there any plans to make the Kornet-E system?)

You making real great addons and they gain more influence in gameplay and atmosphere!! Don't show the full list before final release - surprises can be nice wink_o.gif

We have plans to make everything, trust me everything, but if you wanna play Vr2 this year than we must stop making more and more, once Bionic sends me the Pecheneg this version will be closed for testing smile_o.gif

About the surprises, trust me, you have seen nothing of Vr2, we showed you guys like 30% of it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But these fantastik klmk units are by you Skaven?

Can't wait to see them ingame.......... wow_o.gif

Well I'm waiting too, if all goes as planned Cameron will send those to us on the 10th of August.

On a side note: Wait until you see Shadow NX's SpetsNaz wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The WGL mod for ofp had non-reloadable AT weapons. WGL are now the ACE mod. You could PM them and ask how they did it or get permission to use their scripts.

tpM is trying to make us some scripts to make it work, let's see if he has sucess.

Quote[/b] ]@NSX - Probably should not even say anything but your attitude in the last couple pages was bad. All you needed to do was point out your fact nicely. Instead you got all worked up over a tiny little problem. Wise up.

The problem is solved, it's everybody's fault, it was good to learn and in the end it made us all stronger as a team biggrin_o.gif

Expect some fantastic stuff from NSX very soon smile_o.gif

I was going to suggest WGL's implementation, but you would also have to implement WGL's backpack system if you want a soldier to carry more than one round/launcher.

All the upcoming stuff looks great guys. As was mentioned before, the stuff you guys are working on makes ArmA a lot more fun. smile_o.gif

As for the last few selfish comments on the other pages...thats just brutal. Why is it that if its "Russian" then it has to be taken way too serious and they feel like everyones out to make them look like wimps? Lighten up.

Ive browsed the Russian forums a number times and this kinda talk (being rude as hell) is quite normal over there.

Maybe the Russian mod groups should step up and show some work for Arma for once. Thats the only thing to make these people happy.

If i may correct Skaven a little:

The units name is ALFA ( No, wont be in the next pack )and not only they use it but FSB in general but not in any big quantitiy.

However you sometimes see pics of Special Forces using these like in the Beslan hostage crysis.

Main reason is that russia lacks a rifle for exactly such tasks.

Also to my knowledge they dont have any MP5s, a few test samples however and from what i heard they liked them a lot but that doesnt mean russian will equip their units with it when they have a huge load of talented arms manufacturers.

shadow u missed part of my post i was saying if he was gonna put the really rare found weapons in there then those would be a good addition

Quote[/b] ]@NSX - Probably should not even say anything but your attitude in the last couple pages was bad. All you needed to do was point out your fact nicely. Instead you got all worked up over a tiny little problem. Wise up.

The problem is solved, it's everybody's fault, it was good to learn and in the end it made us all stronger as a team biggrin_o.gif

Expect some fantastic stuff from NSX very soon   smile_o.gif

That's great then, ignore my last comment.

Can you say what types of tanks you will be eventually releasing? I know you guys mentioned the T-64 and the T-80. Any more?

Oh, poor Steve...At turn of mine I didn't expect too much pissing off for just 2 posts of negative impressions. They are just a result of my very (very-very-very) humble opinion to Skaven's post, where he said, that "AWM is in use by russian army". So - it would be right to think that all russian snipers where will carry AWM - and THIS IS a heck. banghead.gif

If you don't like my posts - well, I have nothing to do with this. At least it's better than just saying "oh, everything is great". Some critics is always useful too - and that was a kind of such critics with prooved example and request. So, take an asperine and a deep breth - it's everything ok.

nsx thats not at all what we are talking about i and probably skaven would much prefer the average sniper be equipped with sv-98 and such we are just talking about adding such weapons not as a normal unit loadout but as just an extra weapon you could arm someone with in the rare occasions they might use popular western weapons and btw using an mp5 is great when you dont want people to know where your unit is from its a great weapon and there are so many out there it cannot be traced back unlike if they used many of the great russian smgs that are mostly only used by the russians you can never complain about just getting a few more weapons as long as the original units are properly equipped

Thanks mate, i already got the pics ( my collection fully fills a DVD by now smile_o.gif ) but the RosboroneExport pdf will come handy.

Oh, I see, I see...Yeah, guys, i'm brutal evil commie, eating several democrats-foreigners everyday for my breakfast. Too skinny for me, if to be honest.

Think that way if you want - I won't give a cent for this. My posts is a discussion with examples. If you don't like it - than I can't do anything to satisfy you.

Quote[/b] ]btw using an mp5 is great when you dont want people to know where your unit is from

Bwahahaha, someone is die-hard fan of Tom Clansy's Rainbow Six story? Hereford, Chaves and MP5A10, anyone?  crazy_o.gif

Alfa is not needed to be traced by someone. It's official functions is counter-terrorism now. And our black ops, capable of eliminating someone secretly will not showdown themselves - so you even won't know what groups of such purpose are currently under GRU's or FSB's commandment.

So, your sentence about "using MP5, so noone can trace anyone" is more right for a fictious Rainbow Six, which masked under world's counter terrorist groups. And this is not a scenario for ArmA either - it focused on commonwarfare military field operations. And from what can I judge from guys, what were in Chechnya SVD is enough - try to hunt down terrorists in Caucasian mountain with AWM or TRG or SV - it's too damned uncomfortable, if you know what I mean. That seriously reduce possible scenarios, when even SV-98 may be in use.

Quote[/b] ]Ive browsed the Russian forums a number times and this kinda talk (being rude as hell) is quite normal over there.

You don't like it? So, you don't need to browse it. Easy option, eh?

---------

Ok, now back to sniper topic. Here's the protocol of CIS sniper contest. All sorts of Russian MVD\FSB (diffirent regions) teams and 2 teams from Belorussia (Almaz of their MVD and Alfa of their KGB) and Ukraine (SBU team):

cc2005-1.jpg

(click here to enlarge)

You can't read cyrillic? Then find a "weapons used" column. You can see russian SV-98 and finnish TRG-22 prevail - not AWM. For example guys from Ukraine used IZHMASH's Record-1 rifle - remade from sport rifle for 7.62*54R bullet - so I think even this gun is an option too.

However, this was just to close topics about this ******* sniper rifles - we already discussed everything with teammates and understood each other.

P.S.:Sorry for this struggle, Mr. Moderator.

@FW200

Nice pics, but looks like it's just something like posing "hero-like" photos from FSB's trainings.)) That's not a secret what they have some AWM samples, but what they really prefer? And I shown real protocol, showing that FSB use and prefer TRG-22 and TRG-42. Can you make\convert it, Skaven - it'll be a way more realistic. Not to say it would be a fine addition. wink_o.gif

I think NSX just overreacted because he understood skavens post like we arm all snipers with AWMs which he now knows was wrong.

He never denied the may also used and still use the AWM in very limited numbers.

I think these werent cheap so i think operators that may have got a AWM will keep it for quite a while.

But to also end this silly debate, if i had a SV-98 for the pack atm you wouldnt even see the AWM here.

THE END

Fine words, Steve. I'll send you my bug-report from today night playing - have noticed some issues.