Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

If i may correct Skaven a little:

The units name is ALFA ( No, wont be in the next pack )and not only they use it but FSB in general but not in any big quantitiy.

However you sometimes see pics of Special Forces using these like in the Beslan hostage crysis.

Main reason is that russia lacks a rifle for exactly such tasks.

Also to my knowledge they dont have any MP5s, a few test samples however and from what i heard they liked them a lot but that doesnt mean russian will equip their units with it when they have a huge load of talented arms manufacturers.

Wtf? AWP in general use - no way. Alfa uses has some foreign weaps for their needs, but this is not the common thing.

I red article about International Sniping competition in Budapest, Hungary in 2006, where Alfa team from Moscow took the first place among such famous teams from Austrian "Cobra", German SGS-9 and British SAS.

Article covers another Alfa team, coming from Krasnodar FSB management (took 6th place). 2 snipers there took Sako's TRG-22 with Night Force sight and our russian SV-98 with Leupold and Stivens sight.

So, If our SF use our own rifles along with foreign - it'll be better to make russian rifle first. Of course, some of foreigners want to see Russia as an incapable country in terms of weapons production - but I won't give a cent for this.

About MP5...We have our Vitjaz SMG, redone from AKS74U, which is fully comperable to MP5. Not to say about such unique SMGs like PP-2000 or almost small assault rifle OTs-14 Groza.

2 Skaven

Sorry, mate, but if your pack will consist of weaps like MP5 and M4s for russian army, instead of widely used Val, VSS or other nessecity weaps - I'm out of the team. Sometimes I understand even denorc in situations like this...

Nice to have Russian Federation Units equipped with russian weapons. Other weapon's like AWM, HK... would be nice if they can be in found "special" weapon-ammo box xmas_o.gif

or/and create a new special-task-group (without patches) wink_o.gif

really like to see ur group doing a ACU/woodland model for te US infantry, there are some out, but they are based on the old ArmA models and yours look fantastic!

So, If our SF use our own rifles along with foreign - it'll be better to make russian rifle first.

I would prefer that too.

But as I know Skaven & CO produce high quality addons I dont mind whatever weapon they choose to make. I can always equip other units with them.

@NSX. Sako TRG-22 is a finnish weapon = foreign weapon for russia.

@andersson

If you was reading my post carefully you'd understand that I know that Sako TRG is a foreign rifle. CSN FSB pratically uses many rifles, including custom made for a certain shooter - so this is just one bolt-action rifle among many others, including ones of russian production.

But that's not the point to add AWP to russian snipers, unless they have their own SV-98, which is currently in use by MVD.

Reading this last page made me go wtf!? somehow... confused_o.gif

I mean what the heck... i decided we add a fancy little bonus rifle ( entirely CS converted this time so we didnt had that much work ) and right away we get flak for it.

To set some fact straight

- we just converted the weap as bonus for the pack

- I never said we add MP5s to the pack but that already is in my post on last page

- There are VSS and AS Vals in it... *cough*last page*cough*

- We may add a SV-98 later but not for V.2 of the pack as it will be too time intense to make it.

Some may not got it but the weapons were made so fast cause we started using a few good CS AKs as base and modified them more and more till not much was left, then we took soem parts of the old RHS packs and Tigers packs ( and offcourse made some parts new ).

Modelling a complete new weapons like the SV-98 from scratch however is not a option for V2 as we already invested countless hours and want it out.

Also there is a SVD in the pack to at least offer some Marksman weapons ( leftover from lasers OFP work that was never released ).

Afterall some may not recognize that we put a lot of our time in this and you get the stuff for zero dinero...

Also i may suggest not to always take it as personal insult if we not add everyones favourite toy confused_o.gif

@NSX

Dunno if you had a bad day but if thats the reaction to this damn AWM then... well im lost for words...

I recommend to read more than the last page of a thread before ranting like this... seriously... im a bit disapointed from your reaction.

My mood level = 0% atm sad_o.gif

Ahhhhh Shadow, don´t get let you down by such posts.

I mean how many posts? 2 or 3?

There are a lot of people out there who are happy for every single high quality weapon addon coming from Skaven´s and your team.

No need to have a bad mood smile_o.gif

Oh, poor Steve...At turn of mine I didn't expect too much pissing off for just 2 posts of negative impressions. They are just a result of my very (very-very-very) humble opinion to Skaven's post, where he said, that "AWM is in use by russian army". So - it would be right to think that all russian snipers where will carry AWM - and THIS IS a heck. banghead.gif

If you don't like my posts - well, I have nothing to do with this. At least it's better than just saying "oh, everything is great". Some critics is always useful too - and that was a kind of such critics with prooved example and request. So, take an asperine and a deep breth - it's everything ok.

To clarify its not like i dont want criticism but if its somethign like -if your pack has a AWM then i wont help you anymore- ( kinda like that ) then it drives my blood pressure up...

But no... we get personal again by calling me the poor Steve like im a whiny kid... it was not me who overreacted over nothing amigo.

I expected you to read a few pages back and then notice that you were wrong and got Skavens post out of context but seems not.

I didn't say that "I won't help you if you'll add AWM". But then everyone here talks about AWM, MP5 and other guns in RF Army with such enthusiasm - it really "put my blood pressure up".

And the thing is not in AWM alone - but in concept. AWM for FSB is a good addition, unless you already have russian made counterpart. Otherwise it's not "Russian Federation units", but a glodal weapon project pack. And that's not what i'd like to help with - to arm RF with foreigners' weaps.

Ok, enough spam for me. I clarified my position. If you don't like it - well, this will be so.

@NSX. Yes, I see what you mean now. You used it as an example. My bad.

@Shadow NX: I really hope your "mood level" goes up as I´m sure I´m not the only one thinking that your team makes the best russian addons. You are building my arma!

And I dont think this last page is so negative. The reactions, as I read them, were more of surprise and discussion than of a non-constructive critisism (?)

Gotta love this sligh racism ( if i may call it so... ) against anything western when it comes to the russians and their army.

Same for modteams... - your not pure russian team? - omg you never can make a decent russian addon.

If all the time that is used to bash us at flash.ru was used to put constructive posts here ( where i can read them aswell ) and maybe supply us with references we may otherwise never find ( cause we cant read kyrillic ) then it would already be a big help.

This last sentenced isnt aimed at you, NSX though.

Again im amazed how much fuss we can get out of one wrongly set up sentence and i will clarify once more:

Features in V.2

- Several new AKs and RPKs ( also with scope and Launcher combos and the late AKS-74 types without wood )

- Taped mags were turned upside down as requested.

- SVD for marksmen and snipers

- VSS and AS Val ( Val with cobra and without )

- AWM as BONUS ( well add a second sniper so people can choose )

- PKM and Pecheneg ( Pecheneg also in scope variant )

- New textures on the Black Death aka Marines

- New Spetsnaz reskins in Bekas and Partizan

- better normal maps

- MP missions

- more i forgot now

---

Hope all is green now and next time we have such a situation i hope for a PM where i can resolve things rather than having a mudbattle here.

Can you make a SVDs for VDV?

Sorry for my english =)

read your sentence and then tell me what exactly you wanted to say by it cause i cant figure it out.

He ment SVD and SVD-S, Steve. SVD-S should be also added because VDV marksmen use SVD-S - that's what he was trying to say.

And I gotta love this sligh racism-paranoia (if I can call it so). Diffirent mentality, Steve... It's like you wouldn't understand some japanese people - you wouldn't understand some russians. But that's not the proof they don't have their point there. wink_o.gif

My reaction for AWM in RF Army is the same that my reaction would be on SVD in US Army - they sometimes use this like a trophy gun. banghead.gif

Jesus Christ is this the Republic of the Bananas?

I go away to make you guys a surprise that I will post here in the next minutes and you guys start a war because of a weapon?

What's wrong with you guys? We don't make politic addons we make real things, it's a fact that Russian Forces use the AWM, I have pictures, FW200 has pictures we can post them for you all to see, indeed the Alfa and the FSB use the AWM because it's one of the best Sniper Rifles in the world, the entire worl recognizes that so many many countries use it, I don't care if it's British, Italian or Spanish, the truth is they use it so we make it.

We have 35 Russian Weapons and 1 foreigner weapon that is indeed used in reality I don't see what's wrong with this?

Guys if you don't want to use it just don't use it, all of this because of a game and an addon, don't you guys have anything better to do than to start this flame wars because of an addon?

@NSX

I'm counting on you as always, you are very important to us, please understand our position as we understand yours too.

I made you the silenced weapons as you requested, VSS and AS-VAL all are inside the pack, now please help us a little bit even if it's against your judgment, we can't always be happy with everything in our work, some things don't go according to our position, but we must know how to give and take, I'm counting on you my friend. smile_o.gif

Skaven,

You guys do fantastic work. It makes Arma much more fun. Keep it up, most of us really appreciate all the time you guys put into projects.

I think NSX just didnt like the sentence "used in russian armed forces" and Skaven repeated it again biggrin_o.gif

Maybe it really sounds bit like all snipers will use it but thats just a wrong impression then cause only the spetsnaz snipers may get one.

Skaven is right there, national pride is one thing but if you dont have what its needed for the job then its not wrong to shop at some western manufacturer with exellent reputation untill you can fill the gap yourself again.

The as you call it paranoia however isnt caused by me having a bad nightmare but now 6 years of experience in the OFP and now ArmA scene with russian modders and players.

Many of them are among the best i have ever worked with but some are as fake as a 5 dollar rolex.

Also i was even told that people will never fully like our addons cause they think a not fully russian team has no idea how a russian addon is made correctly.

Because of that thinking a certain someone asked Mods here to close all thei threads about their releases cause they simply didnt think any western user is even qualified to really judge their stuff... either that or it was to avoid questions like where did they get that from and why someone else is pissed to see his work released by them... wink_o.gif

---

About SVDS, well were flat out with work and that will need more work so i guess we stick to our plan and release a SVDS and SV-98 with V.3 ( which will also feature soem RPGs btw... ).

Sorry NSX it's clear that most Russian Snipers don't use the AWM, it just happens that I had one from my RACS and since according to my Intel some Russians use it I thought well why not? It will make this pack even better, I have it done so I've added it.

Quote[/b] ]( which will also feature soem RPGs btw... ).

Wrong... Vr2 will, I couldn't let you down could I Steve?

RPG22.jpg

Quote[/b] ] untill you can fill the gap yourself again.
]

That makes me laugh again. Isn't SV-98 a kind of gap filler, which already here, in use? It's precise sniper rifle, having almost the same characteristics as 7.62mm AWM varient. What's wrong with it or you just can't make a proper model yourselves yet? This changes the bussines straightly.

About pissed russian addonmakers...You really need to see latest models made by Manfred. Really a killer of all other stuff anywhere, including ORCS weaps.

]

That makes me laugh again. Isn't SV-98 a kind of gap filler, which already here, in use? It's precise sniper rifle, having almost the same characteristics as 7.62mm AWM varient. What's wrong with it or you just can't make a proper model yourselves yet? This changes the bussines straightly.

About pissed russian addonmakers...You really need to see latest models made by Manfred. Really a killer of all other stuff anywhere, including ORCS weaps.

The AWM is .338, I dont think there are any Russian weapons of that class yet. Any links to Manfred's stuff?

2 ch_123

AWM has 2 varients - under 7.62mm and under Super-Magnum bullet. 7.62 AWM version and SV-98 characteristics is almost identical. Super Magnum bullet allows to shoot up to 1100 metres...but I'll use something more powerful for that distance. And for hostage situation 800 m is enough range for sniping, that makes me to say SV-98 is a gap a filler.

SV-98 will be in Vr3, Bionic is making us a fresh new Pecheneg I can't ask him for more now, besides, our pack at this moment has 36 weapons plus 1 RPG not talking about a secret surprise we have, the entire addon will be huge, for Vr 2 I think it's more than enough smile_o.gif

Now, what do you guys thing about the RPG-22? Is it more or less accurate? It needs more work?

]

From what i read its a great rifle but if i would need to make a perfect shot + penetration power i might lean towards the AWM call it personal preference

But point is not that i dont like it or dont want a SV-98 but that the AWM was easy to convert for ArmA while we have to model a SV-98 entirely from scratch and then texture it.

National pride is a nice thing but it shouldnt keep you from accepting that in some areas other countries also make exellent weapons.

Also you may have seen me stating a few times that SV-98 is planned for Version 3 of the pack.

Also about Manfred, well good for him and if the russian addonmakers wouldnt hide at flash.ru mostly we may also know about it.

He sure has huge talent but in the past it showed thats impossible to work with him ( at least it seemed so but all my attempts failed... sad_o.gif ).

Personally i lost intrest when i saw how work was sold to others for release, but thats not the topic here.

We made the weapons for ourselfs and we like them, if anyone feels a urge to use some other weaps cause they are more for his likeness he may go ahead and do so.