Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Speaking of vehicles, Kenji is currently working on the T-64, at start there will only be 2 models the T-64B and a fictional SLA T-64BU. A larger pack will be released later on, which will include lots of T-64 variations as well as the T-80.

He needs images of the commander and gunners primary optics, if anyone has any please send to us smile_o.gif

Here's some pictures of his work:

T64_1.jpg

T64_2.jpg

Quote[/b] ]yep see bionic he gets what i mean try to keep settled down all i was asking is if it could be helped it seems that the answer is no and im fine with it was just a suggestion and question

Mate don´t wanted to offend you biggrin_o.gif i only tried to explain it in my words and as Skaven said

Quote[/b] ]No worries, we all have a big language bridge here, I'm Portuguese, Shadow NX is German, Kenji is Japanese, FW200 dutch... so no worries mate.

Same goes for me my first language is german and sometimes its hard to find the right words so iam sorry when the said somtimes sounds rude for the native speaker wink_o.gif

*subtitels anyone* biggrin_o.gif

Speaking of vehicles, Kenji is currently working on the T-64, at start there will only be 2 models the T-64B and a fictional SLA T-64BU. A larger pack will be released later on, which will include lots of T-64 variations as well as the T-80.

He needs images of the commander and gunners primary optics, if anyone has any please send to us smile_o.gif

Here's some pictures of his work:

ahh beautiful amazing how the russians got reactive armor right back in the 60's and its taken us this long to get it on our abrams im surprised you went so far back thou i mean yes the t-64 was instrumental in the russian army but as far as i could tell this was modern russian military but hell go ahead remake the entire russian military since ww2 no probs with that :P that tank made the allies piss themselves lol 125mm gun looks beautiful oh and if you guys ever go a black eagle i cant wait to see what the 152mm!!!!!! gun will look like. i realize its not done but is that hole next to the turret where your going to place the night scope at? from the pics i have seen it seems to protrude out. @ kenji ganbate kudasai on your vehicles.

as for the request for a pic of the commander and gunner sights i was only able to find the name for the commanders sight TKN-3V( http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product100.html?PHPSESSID=49961) which probably wont help but i tried :P now many web pages referring to the t-64 generally have a list of differences between it and the t-72 in those lists i have never seen something stating a change in optics so its possible the t-72 and t-64 have the same optics ive been searching around for the name of the commander optics in the t-72 assuming that if it was the same name then they had the same optics for both gunner and commander but my search has been fruitless

**EDIT**

http://www.vojska.net/eng/armed-forces/equipment/tank/m-84/

this site shows that the name for the commanders sight in the original t-72 is the same as the name for the t-64 with the exception of the v its very possible at this point that the t-72 and t-64s sights match and im sure its much easier to find pics of the optics in a 72 ill let you guys search through this information and decide what you would like to do

**EDIT**

tkn-3pr.jpg

this is a crude image of the of the tkn-3 sight a page explaining the site can be found here

http://www.kotsch88.de/f_t-72m-3.htm it is in german

and the final proof is this great pdf full of opfor information go to page 69 and you will see a great list of technical information stating that the sights for the 72 and 64 are indeed the same download the pdf here http://angrif.hp.infoseek.co.jp/corseware/st_100-7.pdf

Yet the gunner sights are indeed different the t-64 uses the TPN1-49-23 IR/II and according to my first web site it also states that the TPD-43B is also used i am unable to find pictures. this pdf can be used for your techincal information for nearly all of your tanks

Now that's something like it. I wait for an innovation from Skaven than from BIS less more biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skaven, you continue to amaze us all biggrin_o.gif You should make an AS VAL too, almost identical to the Vintorez, just a different grip and stock.

You got it smile_o.gif

ASVal.jpg

For now I'm using Tiger's grip and stock, let's see if he says yes as usual, if not I'll do a new one biggrin_o.gif

NSX, I think this makes you happy for Silenced weapons?

PS: The screws of the VSS have been removed, as many other tweaks have been applied, please remember all this pictures are WIP, hopefully once released they will look a lot better.

The Pecheneg that so many people have been asking for is now in the hands of the talented BIONIC, I wasn't happy with the weapon I asked for his help and he offered to redo it smile_o.gif

You guys are incredible..

As usual, your work is top notch, your Russian Fed units have become my default Opfor for everything I do in Arma smile_o.gif

The quality of your work is truly amazing.

Seriously, hats off to you sir(s) for the time and effort you have put back into the game and the community.

Now for the noob question; What section of the armed forces are VDV?

VDV ( Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska ) are russian paratroopers.

They even have their own celebration day in russia where even normal citizens often wear the blue white telnyashka and the blue beret.

I think many of their units are among the best geared forces in the russian federation, good example are the 106th Guards ( Our units wear their old patch ) that receive lots of new gear and vehicles lately.

Heres a wikipedia article about the VDV:

Article

Also a youtoube documentary about the VDV

You will find part 2 and 3 in the window to the right once you opened the link.

---

Also something very emotional, a video about the battle of Hill 776

Wikipedia Link

Youtube video ( in russian )

Now for the noob question; What section of the armed forces are VDV?

VDV-Air landing armies They are in Russia elite armies

The closest American equivalent would be the Rangers, but the VDV would be larger and capable of doing more different types of missions, so the analogy isnt perfect.

I was going to answer too, but you guys were faster biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seriously, hats off to you sir(s) for the time and effort you have put back into the game and the community.

This sir(s) which we call friends are away too many, let me tell you who they are:

- Shadow NX - Textures.

- CameronMcDonald - Normal Mapping and coding for the soldiers.

- Bionic & Kenji - Helping modelers.

- Twisted - Recoils.

- NSX - Art Photographer.

- FW200 - Library man (if you need info or pictures he has them)

- tpM&RobertHammer - Beta testing and Sounds.

- Skaven - Structure, coding and textures.

- All you guys that post on this thread and lead us to many improvements.

Than we have the help of many addon makers that offer us part of their work as well as a general help:

TwinkMaster, Tiger, Vilas, Laser and all RHS OFP addon makers.

In terms of Nationalities, you have no idea of how different we are, we go from Russia to Gernamy, than Slovakia and Hungary, Australia and Denmark, Portugal, Japan... it's really nice to be able to work with so many talented people and with such a different culture. smile_o.gif

I did of course forgot someone but that's the usual, sorry tounge2.gif

Also they are heavier equipped than us paratroopers cause they have a variety of vehicles that can be airdropped like for example BMDs so the paratroopers have some nice firepower availeable quickly after being deployed.

Also i recommend to check my links from last page for more info on VDV.

Thanks for the quick answers guys, they certainly seem to be a very courageous and elite force.

I thought they might have been an airborne force, but had no idea they were so heavily equipped lol

<< Back to Arma, I'm having so much fun with your AKM at the moment yay.gifyay.gif

Thanks again

AWM1.jpg

Nope your not dreaming biggrin_o.gif

Apparently and according to our sources the AWM is used by the Russian Army, specially by the Alpha Team, so... it will be in Vr2 smile_o.gif

More stuff biggrin_o.gif Is it just my monitor or are there a load of white spots on the model? presume you could be going for the worn look, but it looks a bit overdone IMHO, on the barrell and the area around the grip.

lol yes that's because of the paa filter I used, in game it looks fine don't worry biggrin_o.gif Check the picture again wink_o.gif

Ah, thought it might have been a problem with the pic alright. Is there any other stuff going into VR-2? On the subject of sniper rifles, any plans for a SV-98?

Plans for the SV-98 yes definitely, for Vr2 I don't think so.

This weapons are not the only thing new in Vr2 (36 so far btw), Shadow NX made an amazing job on the units, if you liked the Marines and the VDV than you will be very surprised with the new ones, we are waiting for Cameron to do his thing so we can post some pictures for you guys, and than there is another surprise that will be mentioned later. It's actually 14 surprises inside one new pack biggrin_o.gif

We'll talk about this later wink_o.gif

AWM1.jpg

Nope your not dreaming biggrin_o.gif

Apparently and according to our sources the AWM is used by the Russian Army, specially by the Alpha Team, so... it will be in Vr2 smile_o.gif

yes i have to admit when it comes to bolt action rifles russias pickings are slim the sv-98 and 99 just dont keep up with the western rifles SVD was their only impressive rifle for its time. now depending how far you would like to go with this you could also create a psg-1 for the alpha squad they are mostly a spetsnaz team built for anti terroism and swat like operations so they have been known to use alot of western weapons particularity the mp5...makes me wonder if some of those new unts will be alpha guys wink_o.gif good work and btw those white spots around the gun are just bad photoshop cutouts :P

Quote[/b] ]makes me wonder if some of those new unts will be alpha guys wink_o.gif

Not in this version, we can't make Alpha without modeling the soldiers, however this sniper will stay in the pack for the future biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]good work and btw those white spots around the gun are just bad photoshop cutouts :P

ch_123 was referring to an old picture I swapped for this one and he was correct it was a problem with the .paa file not a photoshop problem smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you could also create a psg-1 for the alpha squad they are mostly a spetsnaz team built for anti terroism and swat like operations so they have been known to use alot of western weapons particularity the mp5...

We have those weapons planned too, but only when we are able to make new soldier models wink_o.gif

gotta love skaven always responds with good news biggrin_o.gif and seriously where are these tools already jeez they should wait to make queens gambit until they are done with the original game....

oh man this is great, i cant wait for v2.