Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Ok guys, here is the next mission in the Russian Campaign, this picks up a few days after the previous mission was completed.

Operation "Spearhead" is a mission in which your objective is to disable the Air Capabilities of the Blufor, by attacking the airport north of paraisio and destroying all blufor air there. As all the missions are, this is still in beta, and will require the RHS Marines pack downloadable on the first page of this thread. Enjoy  pistols.gif

Mission 6--Operation Spearhead

Hi, i'll like that in the next version of the RNI, they don't only had

a black brand new vest; i'll like that they had camouflaged vests

and when the 3D tools be released... the helmet that they wear

instead this 70's or 80's helmet. Let's C ya

Ok guys, here is the next mission in the Russian Campaign, this picks up a few days after the previous mission was completed.

Operation "Spearhead" is a mission in which your objective is to disable the Air Capabilities of the Blufor, by attacking the airport north of paraisio and destroying all blufor air there. As all the missions are, this is still in beta, and will require the RHS Marines pack downloadable on the first page of this thread. Enjoy  pistols.gif

Mission 6--Operation Spearhead

Is that the one with the trash cans in it rofl.gif

Fun missions to play, good job on them.

I have a question...

Is it possible to somehow switch these guys to BLUFOR instead of OPFOR? If this is supposed to take place in modern times (the presence of ACU's says yes) I don't think the Russians would side against the Americans in open warfare.

Just want to day good mod guys, been using it today and I love it.

I have a question...

Is it possible to somehow switch these guys to BLUFOR instead of OPFOR?  If this is supposed to take place in modern times (the presence of ACU's says yes) I don't think the Russians would side against the Americans in open warfare.

There may be a way to script that, but I don't no offhand.

If you edited the Config, it should be quite easy to change them from East to West (or whatever theyre called in the ArmA configs)

This is what I used to do in OFP. But I am not sure if it will work in Arma. Try it out.

Place a higher ranking Blufor unit in the editor. Then start adding these new VDV or Marines of your choice (kind of like making a squad with Blufor guy incharge). Then connect all the VDV or Marines to that one Blufor guy by pressing F2 and dragging a blue line (making a squad). Now you have a squad of Blufor VDV or Marines. When you done making a squad, just delete the blufor guy. Now you have a pure VDV squad that is on Blufor side.

Like I said, I haven't tried it in Arma, but it worked in OFP.

campaigntwo-1.jpg

A Screenshot from my Russian Marine campaign. There are many more in the photography section of the forums  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Also, the final mission for my campaign is in the making, it is going to involve a huge battle that takes place in corazol.

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

A very beta picture, we used Vilas PK as base, Kenji gave us a help turning it into an almost Pecheneg, it's not perfect at all, it needs a new hand grip as well as a plastic butt stock, some extra modeling work, like making the barrel shorter as well as enlarging it a little bit, more details... well it needs a lot of work but... It's not looking bad so far, let's see how it works out in the end.

Pc.jpg

Like I said before, barrel isn't actually shorter.. it's just fatter which makes it look shorter smile_o.gif

hey as for the work you guys are doing to make an mp friendly weapons replacement is it so far unsuccessful due to the moving bolts and such or not because xam replaces enemy weaps which leaves me to think that could be the only reason why it doesnt work for yours

Quote[/b] ]Like I said before, barrel isn't actually shorter.. it's just fatter which makes it look shorter  

Your tlhe library man, if you say it's on the correct size than we believe you  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hey as for the work you guys are doing to make an mp friendly weapons replacement is it so far unsuccessful due to the moving bolts and such or not because xam replaces enemy weaps which leaves me to think that could be the only reason why it doesnt work for yours

Honestely I never bothered much about going into a replacement myself, I play MP lots of times with our work and I'm happy with it, there's already some servers hosting our work, I'm sure Vr2 will increaser this servers a lot more.

Nevertheless, making a replacement pack for this weapons shoudln't be hard but they will probably loose lots of their features like the animations you mentioned, as well as the characteristics for each one of them, it woudn't make much sense for example for you to have an AK74 with for example a Rate of Fire faster than the guy that doesn't use this weapons.

So, I think it's possible to make an MP replacement pack for this weapons but they will work just like BIS ones, perssonaly I think it doesn't make much sense confused_o.gif

I have a question...

Is it possible to somehow switch these guys to BLUFOR instead of OPFOR?  If this is supposed to take place in modern times (the presence of ACU's says yes) I don't think the Russians would side against the Americans in open warfare.

This opinion of the American smile_o.gif

I do not think that Americans will adjoin Russians.

If seriously I in game would like to see opposition not ragamuffins I would like to see two super powers

It's simple to fix this issue, when the replacement packs for Vr2 arrive, ask those guys to make one replacement for East and one for West side and that's it, this way everybody is happy smile_o.gif

The Gyurza will only be released in Vr3, sorry confused_o.gif

Version 2 already has 31 weapons, to test all this babes it will take ages so... it's enough for now. In Vr 3 I'll make the hand guns and sub machine Guns so they go along with the OMON and maybe MVD wink_o.gif

Nice, I remember you mentioning it a few pages back.

Will version 3 have the Stechkin that was in the old OFP pack?

Quote[/b] ]Like I said before, barrel isn't actually shorter.. it's just fatter which makes it look shorter

Your tlhe library man, if you say it's on the correct size than we believe you smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hey as for the work you guys are doing to make an mp friendly weapons replacement is it so far unsuccessful due to the moving bolts and such or not because xam replaces enemy weaps which leaves me to think that could be the only reason why it doesnt work for yours

Honestely I never bothered much about going into a replacement myself, I play MP lots of times with our work and I'm happy with it, there's already some servers hosting our work, I'm sure Vr2 will increaser this servers a lot more.

Nevertheless, making a replacement pack for this weapons shoudln't be hard but they will probably loose lots of their features like the animations you mentioned, as well as the characteristics for each one of them, it woudn't make much sense for example for you to have an AK74 with for example a Rate of Fire faster than the guy that doesn't use this weapons.

So, I think it's possible to make an MP replacement pack for this weapons but they will work just like BIS ones, perssonaly I think it doesn't make much sense confused_o.gif

good point but like you said there are not many servers out there running the mod would be interesting to see an evo where you can play as your units guess ill have to wait for number 2 to see what happens

No, we'll make hand guns and sub machine guns in the next pack smile_o.gif

Does the version two is released soon?

Sorry, but I am very impatient for test and you make one of best addons.

Does the version two is released soon?

Sorry, but I am very impatient for test and you make one of best addons.

patience is a virtue and also part of the equation for a good mod 31 weaps im willing to wait for it btw these all have the moving bolts and such? and one last question have you guys attempted work on the hand animations for the reloads to make them match correctly or is this even possible yet?

no animations for ArmA arent possible without the tools to my knowledge, even for OFP that wasnt easy and afaik could only be done with non official tools, also i guess in ArmA we still have the old OFP prob to not be able to bind anims to a weapon so every unit could hold them correctly :/

Just wondered if anyone could point me the direction of a server where you play as the rhs units? either a co-op or evolution? i cant find any at the moment