Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

World IN Conflict Beta - anyone?

I hope this is the right place to ask this icon_rolleyes.gif It's quite late now but does anyone play the WiC-open Beta? There are only 9 days left, so if you still wanna play hurry to get it.

Get a key

Get a .torrent-file for D/L

Regards

Yes, I think it's a great game.

Now I'm hoping for the collectors Edition.

smile_o.gif

Got it the key a few weeks ago and I love it. smile_o.gif

You got all the units you could wish for and the maps are incredible detailed. Not to mention all the nice eye-candy (the explosions especially).

Runs pretty smooth even though my CPU is right above the minimum requirements.

Shame it's only 2 maps in the beta, he he.

No, I don't like it whistle.gif At least a.t.m. playing with others is a pain in the ass. The maps are pretty nice but all this with an appopritate Havok-engine is out of time in my eyes. I think the game is a flop and is going to be flop when released. Eyecandy is literally all it can offer.

I have to strongly disagree with you there.

It's a great game, for a beta, and the gameplay is great.

Guest Ti0n3r

lol how the hell do I download the beta? I got the confirmation mail but hell I can't read German crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Cheers mate xmas_o.gif

lol how the hell do I download the beta? I got the confirmation mail but hell I can't read German crazy_o.gif

rofl.gif lol sorry mate smile_o.gif Didn't think of that part

Guest Ti0n3r

Neither did I. Until I found out that my confirmation mail was in German rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif

i play wic too, its nice looking, intense and crazy, somehow i only think its a bit slow with the reinforcement points so i cant get my 100 choppers large army tounge2.gif andi get my butt bashed 2 out of 3 games rofl.gif after playing for almost a week i discover there is special abilities like in c&c generals , c&c 3 to the left corner that goes from offensive , defensive and so on.

often when playing so much is going on i loose all focus and tactical feeling crazy_o.gif i should not be a commanding role irl war i known now! biggrin_o.gif

I love how the game practically forces you to cooperate in MP. No single role can succeed on its own - I can only imagine how much fun this must be when played in the context of a clan.

Plus, it looks abso-bloody-lutely fantastic in 1680x1050 and all details on high smile_o.gif

I've played it numerous times.

Loved the concept and the fact you are forced to play as a team.

I just hope there is more to offer in the full game as I grew bored of it fairly quickly.

Yeah that's inevitable really, with only 2 maps to play on at the moment. I'm getting bored of the lack of teamplay though, I guess that's what you get from playing on public, unorganised servers.

I'm Shashman on there btw if anyone fancies some well organised mayhem and destruction smile_o.gif

Have it, been playing it, been loving it smile_o.gif Definitely going to buy it.

Even for a beta, it is very polished, stable, runs great on a low-midrage system, and most of all, fun. Also, the destructibility of the environments with deformable terrain is very entertaining. pistols.gif

Also, unlike most games, teamwork is the absolute key to winning in this game. Every single time I've been on a losing team, people weren't paying attention to each other's requests, focusing on their own personal score, etc, while on a winning team every single time it's because of good cooperation.

A'ight. I think I've to revise what I said - I start liking this game since I rather understand it biggrin_o.gif

Well, there are some things which need to be improved, but as this is the first Open Beta I participate I can't tell whether there is still much to be changed.

Anyway, the game isn't as bad as I first thougt - and yes: Teamplay is absolutly essential thumbs-up.gif

yep great game, but whoever got that silly idea that DUAL Screen support is DX10 exclusive should be beat alive ...

icon_rolleyes.gif there ain't many idiots to choose from

The beta is fun. I'm going to get it when it comes out biggrin_o.gif.