Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

CheatIdiots.. and BIS... Question about cheaters..

I found one definite thing that is legally allowed to be posted here. I didn't get it from in the site, but from the disclaimer itself:

Quote[/b] ]The scum sucking cheating groups-Community does not harass or aggravate anyone or give out anyone's personal information without his/her consent.

- Been discussed numorous times, and ruining other people's games, insulting and swearing to players is definitely considered "harassing".

Quote[/b] ]The scum sucking cheating groups-Community does not condone any illegal activities or harbour those who do.

- Every scum sucking cheating groups player I've seen in multiplayer has joined with a fake 10 digit ArmA ID. That is only obtainable through a key generator, and is most likely considered illegal.

huh.gif

I did also read the disclaimer and the faq of scum sucking cheating groups and.....man its all such an amount of bullshit you cant believe your own eyes. I wish someone smart enough infect that site with a powerfull virus that infect all the scum sucking cheating groups users (one really fuked up..one of those cappable of changing motheboard voltage).

I've been playing arma daily for the last two weeks, and I have met cheaters every day. This sucks!

The last today, whick drove me to leave the server and i probably won't  go to public servers anymore. mad_o.gif

The cheat created a group of AI guys with AA lauchers which shot down anything leaving the base(was an evolution game)

I took a screenshot

armacheating2.jpg

They were obiously inmortal, so the game was fucked for the rest of us. I was playing for about 30 minutes, but when you've been playing for a couple of hours and you have cleared few cities and had gained several ranks, this can be very frustrating.

I don't really know what drives cheater to tk and annoy people, but it is becoming very frequent, leaving the MP mode for clan games or private servers only since public servers are flooded with cheaters.

Yes they (still) do (somewhat). Just don't forget to use server side

scripting in addition to overwrite the standard behavior.

Quote[/b] ]have managed to run my server with verifysignatures on, but the only way I can stop it kicking almost everyone during the game is to override the default action for regularcheck by adding: RegularCheck="{}" into the server.cfg, in effect ignoring the regularcheck results.

An admin must be present though to kick people if they fail the

check for whatever reason - same for timeout i'd say.

Yet those with timeout. Tell them to reconnect and don't start

the map immediately. They have to wait for the check to

complete. How long ... well no idea... (1-3 mins maybe..) confused_o.gif

I'm going to get a few coders together, and we're going to un-exe arma.exe and see what we can't do from there... lol seems the only option we've got, there has to be some way to stop these little shits from doing this crap. I probably won't go as far as un-exe'ing so you moderators can unwhad your panties.

But expect something soon to make these scum sucking cheating groups fuckers LIVES a bit harder.

I'm going to get a few coders together, and we're going to un-exe arma.exe and see what we can't do from there... lol seems the only option we've got, there has to be some way to stop these little shits from doing this crap. I probably won't go as far as un-exe'ing so you moderators can unwhad your panties.

But expect something soon to make these scum sucking cheating groups fuckers LIVES a bit harder.

I wish you luck on this one. The answer is in the packets but the problem is that the missions use client side scripts. So it's not worth it. smile_o.gif Been there done that, got pissed off and dropped the idea.

Actually you'd probably do more good reverse engineering arma_server.exe and maybe finding somekind of point to insert a 10 digit ID check. As i've said before, not a long term solution but a good hotfix.

Personally i'd have very little idea how to do this, i've changed minor things with a hex editor in the past but nothing as complex as this.

Hi, i was playing to a Bezerk map and then each time that i was

killed (aparently by no one; even when i seen the bullets rain on

me). I get this text message and then... a kind of clickable "option"

in the center of the screen that said:

Quote[/b] ]<Bellend> scum sucking cheating groups-Community.net

What the fuck this means?, im beeing tracked while i play...?, now

someone have my original ArmA DVD key...?, can i keep enjoying the

ArmA (that i've paid for) online...? or do i've to drop it to the trash?.

What is this and what can we do (those who paid for the ArmA) do?.

Now we're hostages of a bunch of hackers that try to ruin our

online game...? do we've some way of counter attack...? will BIS

offer us they're support as customers that we are...?. Or should

we send back to BIS the ArmA DVD in the box and ask 'em for

give us back our money?. Let's C ya

Actually you'd probably do more good reverse engineering arma_server.exe and maybe finding somekind of point to insert a 10 digit ID check. As i've said before, not a long term solution but a good hotfix.

Personally i'd have very little idea how to do this, i've changed minor things with a hex editor in the past but nothing as complex as this.

Doing that will enter into legal issues. Once you modify the exe you could be sued.

On another note, there are several methods to obtain the cd keys before they get into the server. If done right you just intercept all packets via building a proxy or you just monitor them. If you see something you don't like drop all future packets from that client's mac address / ip range. I know people say they can change it but doing so will mean they have to change that go into the game and then get nailed once again. Bet they don't waste a ton of time on it.

The problem with the key banning is that from what i have seen they don't really use fake keys anymore. They are using our keys. If you play on a public server your cd key has just purchased someone else a free copy of Arma. Anyone has access to your key once they join a server. So pretty much people like us who purchased a copy did so to allow other people to continue online play in the event something ever gets released to check cd keys. I am more than positive it was a feature not mentioned in the manual or sales lit, just there to assist software pirates and cheaters.

If you feel you have been defrauded of your serial key (or even better - you KNOW you have been defrauded):

http://www.ic3.gov/

You can file a complaint and submit their website AND/OR IP address of the offending person per incident.

It may just be a game, and it may just be ~$40... but they take it seriously when there are alot of people involved. If you add up all the keys they have stolen or generated, you can multiply $40 times each and that adds up to alot of lost revenue. I am sure they would love to investigate these people simply for the fact they've probably got more stuff amongst themselves besides just ArmA serial keys.

Trust me, this works.

If you feel you have been defrauded of your serial key (or even better - you KNOW you have been defrauded):

http://www.ic3.gov/

You can file a complaint and submit their website AND/OR IP address of the offending person per incident.

It may just be a game, and it may just be ~$40... but they take it seriously when there are alot of people involved. If you add up all the keys they have stolen or generated, you can multiply $40 times each and that adds up to alot of lost revenue. I am sure they would love to investigate these people simply for the fact they've probably got more stuff amongst themselves besides just ArmA serial keys.

Trust me, this works.

BIS should fill in that form, and all the publishers smile_o.gif

lol and publishers should fill that about copy protection firms haha smile_o.gif

anyway i consider atm public ArmA MP as dead thanks to cheating

lol and publishers should fill that about copy protection firms haha  smile_o.gif

anyway i consider atm public ArmA MP as dead thanks to cheating

It's great that you have the pulse of the community and share in our frustration.  But does BIS get the seriousness of this as well?

And more imortantly, is it something they are determined to fix in the near future?  If they want to even be able to fund the ArmA II project then they need to keep selling ArmA, don't they?

I would expect them to be all over something costing them sales and putting in jeopardy the future of the franchise. But it seems like business as usual...

Yeah, it will take quite a bit of work to resolve the issue. However something if anything has to be done.

Arma is past it's sales "peak" so I guess the sales thing isn't as serious to them as it could be. But with regards to future sales of Arma 2 and indeed Queens Gambit it will effect it.

We can only presume that behind the scenes, the dev team are working silently, figuring out the best way to stop them - although in my opinion, a speedy hotfix approach would have worked better e.g. emergency arma_server.exe that rejected 10 digit IDs as soon as it became known that 10 digit IDs were illegal. Stopping 10 digit IDs as soon as they started appearing might have stopped the snowball before it turned into an avalanche - and we *are* facing an avalanche now.

Nutty, I see your abandoned remote admin tool could ban by MAC address - That would be highly useful in the current situation. I know that project is abandoned, but maybe a little standalone version of that tool to allow IP and MAC banning would really help.

One thing that is cristal clear in my mind is that no way im going to buy arma2 unless BIS get a proper fix in the cheat issue. period

x2

Just what i had expected, the first time i try`ed ArmA online, some asshole was blowing up the base on an evo server.

To make it even better, they accused me to be the hacker.

I hope that scum sucking cheating groups asshole is still active, now that i have left. Only too prove it was not me, off course.

That much for ArmA in multiplayer mode, i have enough of this scum sucking cheating groups pricks. goodnight.gif

I´ve tested a few games online in the last year. And guess what, in every game there was massive hacking and cheating.

I`d rather go back to play evolution sp, at least there are no hackers and cheaters in there. confused_o.gif

Call me a hacker, ha.

I`m an god damned MCP, and have no idea of cheats and hacks. huh.gif

Scary stuff

Mac address ban won't work well.You can Change/Clone Mac address's

I played MP for a some hours yesterday, somone maybe have my Cdkey now?

Scary stuff

Mac address ban won't work well.You can Change/Clone Mac address's

I played MP for a some hours yesterday, somone maybe have my Cdkey now?

Err yup! Cool eh. I know they get them cause on their website they talk about it. So they know how to do it along with other people.

Whos website?

I dont believe they could reverse someones cd key from an ID.

They may have figuered out how to use someone elses ID, but thats as far as that goes.

Whos website?

I dont believe they could reverse someones cd key from an ID.

They may have figuered out how to use someone elses ID, but thats as far as that goes.

Deady,

I know it might be handy but there were way to many issues with getting it all working right. Plus it will not help to much to be honest. Check out the link in my sig and the power panel section. There are some posts there that might help someday.

Different groups, I am pretty sure they have been able to reverse the keys now (not a public tool though).