Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

CheatIdiots.. and BIS... Question about cheaters..

why dont bis add a stream anti hacking system like thay do on most online only games such as Rappelz

ROFL Rappelz  xmas_o.gif

oh not it uses HackShield from AhnLab ... man ... You joking ?

better to choose PB or VAC

than HackShield or GameGuard 'destabilizators' smile_o.gif

also as anti-cheat they useless (consider them more like anti-macro tools)

What the hell is Roo. Games that people have heard off.

Big games that actually get a lot of players and are popular always have them.

ROO = Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45, http://www.redorchestragame.com

considering it got more players than ArmA since it's release i can't believe You never heard about ...

Why does someone fourm a anti arma cheat group? anyone want to out up thoes fourms thumbs-up.gif

About Ip ban, I agree that it is efficient only on static IPs.

Is there any log features on Arma server to get stastics about IPs connecting, time playing, banned IPs, Arma keys ... ?

If you have those infos, you can create "IPs rate" describing the "quality" of player that use that IP by using a shared database.

See what I mean ?

I don't know how PB or other system works.

Maybe my idea sounds like an gaz factory, but ...

My 2 cents

WFX

if range bans really start to happen, i think you initiate the beginning of the end.

you ban legit player from you server and there are just so and so many a day, a week, a month....

at a time where normaly all sleeps(0400-0800), you countrys servers are rather empty. at least i can say that for the mid european servers.

that means we are allready in a state where we can go into the server browser and can possibly find no single game with guys or good ping online.

to begin baning now would be really stupid...means, dont sacrifice players whre there arent so many

My bet is BIS wont do anything active against cheating in this game. Just some patching to hold up against id changing and maybe even some memory modifications as for an ammotrainer as it was possible in OFP.

I don't think BIS cares.

I second that one. Grin.

My last post in this thread. I am done with this stuff.. banghead.gif

I might be wrong, but judging from Ofp, (reason i left) nobody can stop it. How many people in ofp thought they could beat the cheats with a program and failed.

What makes me laugh about cheats in this game, is that its so obvious what they are doing, yet alot of the time its only the server admin that is blind to it.

Unless you camp you cannot get 40 kills to 5 deaths, the slow animations of this game cannot allow for this type of score.

Wow, someone know's how to copy and paste their text wink_o.gif

Unless you camp you cannot get 40 kills to 5 deaths, the slow animations of this game cannot allow for this type of score.

LOL!

I might be wrong, but judging from Ofp, (reason i left) nobody can stop it. How many people in ofp thought they could beat the cheats with a program and failed.

What makes me laugh about cheats in this game, is that its so obvious what they are doing, yet alot of the time its only the server admin that is blind to it.

Trust me you can,at least in some Battlefield 1985 like maps.

Do hit and runs,I have scored 40 kills including armor and air with 0(zero)deaths.And I was not against noobs,but against some kind of pro cheating players like Amalka,ed,Bill the Muffin and other morons that were only able to stick together against a full squad of noobs,ruining the gameplay with extensive camping and stupid rules

Its already the beginging of the end for BIS Look at the MP Stats.. On a Decline.

ArmA Population Stats

It should be going up with it being Summer.  wink_o.gif

They need to make this game popular with some VBS2 Special Effects, Shooting from Planes, Animals, woman, Better Campigns, More MP Security, Some More Addons, Alble to Access all the objects on the map in the editor without a damm addon and a lot more. confused_o.gif

Its already the beginging of the end for BIS Look at the MP Stats.. On a Decline.

ArmA Population Stats

They need to make this game popular with some VBS2 Special Effects, Shooting from Planes, Animals, woman, Better Campigns, More MP Security, Some More Addons, Alble to Access all the objects on the map in the editor without a damm addon and a lot more.  confused_o.gif

It is the middle of summer. Does that also say the most players is 900? Correct me if I'm wrong, but 900?!?

Hmf..this is kind of amusing.

ArmA Population Stats

People usually use the summer for summer holidays and don't play that many games. Just like local pubs are empty during the summer because everybody's on vacation.

hey guys, i have been reading this, and i wonder why people just dont turn things around!

i mean, Banlists etc nice and dandy, but how about a 'allow list' ?

this would require some 'authentication' to get on that list, thus slowing cheaters down.

btw: those population stats are real.

I really do not want to discourage someone, but it seems to me your ideas and the copy/ID protection of ArmA will have something in common. Both of them get undermined by villains rather fast but annoy the unoffending.

And by driving the latter away - wont you end up with a higher percentage of those you don't want? nener.gif

Well 'allow lists' sort of exist already in communities such as TacticalGamer + 6th Sense.. you need to register with them, use TS, get the server password etc.

An allow list for all servers would be stupid though.

And yeah ive noticed a decline over the summer.. for whatever reasons :S

Personally im getting quite bored playing ArmA these days, same old maps, enjoying new ones that Celery is pumping out, i like the way he twists the features of standard games like Deathmatch/CTF to make them more interesting. RTS is good for a longer session, but its seeing more cheaters/teamkillers in recent weeks. Dont even get me started on the overplaying of Evolution :P

Hey maybe we could create a fund to pay some anti-cheat developer? Or perhaps the cheaters themselves could be bought off even???

ArmA's biggest problem lies in its poor marketing and high system resources IMHO. With or without cheating there hasn't been more than 1-2k players, ever. Cheating comes third, but indeed it's a problem that shouldn't be underestimated! Just my 2 cents. banghead.gif

The whole anti-cheat stuff does not work!

Its as simple as that. And I know for sure that we would get much more cheaters if BIS would try to implement some program that makes it more difficult for them.

Just think about what's the fun about cheating...

Don't let them have fun and they go away just as fast as they came.

Even this thread is somekind of encouragement for them.

Just ignore these idiots. They just can't stand it to be ignored.

It seems to me BIS is content with letting the community develop all the anti-cheating tools.

havn't seem any cheaters on the RN server at all seems we snuffed them out even with a Dynamic IP

@Dwarden wanna do a Test ? you need a Dynamic IP and i will ban your range rofl.gif then you can get new IP and see if you can still see my server

threw server logs and constant scanning we keep the you know who's off our shit biggrin_o.gif

in OFP days one of the WARGAME MOD Devs couldn't see my servers or my Webs and he had Dynamic IP biggrin_o.gif

Russin i see no point to argue over ... it may work for some but it will fail ...

not to mention i can do tunneling to some near zombie

oh well ... you may get rid of some lame kid but not someone skilled

dynamic IP = IP is assigned from range

so as range gets wider then Your problem is bigger

if it's just 255 IPs then You can laugh ...

sometimes it's 65025 range ... You can again laugh ...

but sometimes its many times that value ... and You end banning whole area (e.g. my ISP in my and surrounding countries)

^ exactly

Banning ranges is not a good solution, you potentially end up banning an known amount of innocent players.

IMO coming from games who use Punkbuster and have Anti-Cheat communities.

The motto pretty much is, if you cant prove a cheat, its better to let them go then to ban someone innocent.

IP banning works fine.

It's very seldom there are innocent players in the same range as the cheaters. It happens, especially with people playing from dialup.

But with DSL it's usually easy to differentiate. And even if you happen to ban someone not involved it's really not much of a problem, it sucks for them but there are other servers.

Even if you go down to /16 there are usually very few innocent players hit simply because so few play ArmA/OFP.

It does however require you to keep track of all the IP of all players who connect so you know who you are banning other than the cheater and can decide if that's acceptable.

ONE is too many.

and if it becomes an accepted form of banning, you end up with them banned not just from the one server, but many servers. With their being so few good servers in the game. Thats BS.

and you cant TRACK ALL potential players IPs.

Only those who have already joined your server.

I've already experienced this in Ghost Recon where I had ran a server and banned IP ranges since there was no other way, and ended up banning a few friends I knew, so I had to take them off. But these werent for cheats or tking mind you, these were for SERVER CRASHING programs.

The size of the community was similiar to ArmA. Not huge.

Its not acceptable to me to ban ranges. Its better to ban by individual IP, MAC, ID.

But the best would be for a PB type GUID that cant be easily faked or bypassed.