Sign in to follow this  
Deckard94

Sick of this BSoD that ArmA causes...

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the last 2 weeks to fix a Blue Screen of Death that happens while I'm playing ArmA online.

It appears to be somewhat random, but anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes of online play, I get a BSoD crash with the following information displayed...

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0xB6AB4E0D)

ha10kx2k.sys address 0xB6AB4E0D base B6A2B000 datestamp 44DC2784

I've been to the Microsoft knowledgebase, and their 0x000000D1 article doesn't help because it targets a faulty Logitech Mouseware version, but I don't use Logitech Mouseware and never have.

The ha10kx2k.sys is a Creative Labs driver of some kind and I've tried reinstalling all my Creative drivers from scratch three times now, which has done nothing to help the problem. (I've also tried every known version.) Again, this only happens while playing ArmA ONLINE... I can play in single-player mode for as long as I want, with no issues whatsoever.

However, I did discover a posting on the 'net where someone suggested using the -disableVoN=1 parameter when starting ArmA. This did seem to help at first, and I was able to play online for nearly 4 hours without any problems. Tonight, however, it crashed twice in less than an hour.

ArmA is the only game I have that has this problem, so if anyone has any clues or suggestions on how to fix/prevent this incredibly annoying bug, I'd certainly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

have you tried disabling eax and stuff in the advanced settings of audio?

ha10kx2k.sys is a device driver for youre sound card Creative the best thing to do is get a newer driver for youre sound card.

Right click on my computer go to propertys click hardware then device manager click + to expand sounds and audio if you do not know what type of sound card you have.

once you know what make and modelgo to www.creative.com go to support then download and get the new drivers for youre sound cards.

I have experenced alot of problums with creative audigy 2 card and arma so i bought a x-fi extreamGamer for $80

ha10kx2k.sys is a device driver for youre sound card Creative the best thing to do is get a newer driver for youre sound card.

Right click on my computer go to propertys click hardware then device manager click + to expand sounds and audio if you do not know what type of sound card you have.

Wow! You obviously failed to understand the portions of my post that were written in English. Amazing how you managed to repeat exactly what I ALREADY fucking told you. wow_o.gif

I've tried ALL KNOWN VERSIONS, which would include THE LATEST VERSION of the drivers.

Absolutely incredible. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone else?

Quote[/b] ]Anyone else?

Yeah, I have a suggestion. Be a little more polite when asking for help and someone attempts to provide it. I doubt anyone else will post here attempting to help you with your attitude.

Deckard94, new or not, that is a intolerable attitude to have toward people trying to help.

+1WL and take 48 hours to chill out.

may i ask what Soundcard You got, exact model and type plz

what Windows version ?

what mouse/keyboard You use (there were some more affected by 'Logitech like issue'wink_o.gif

and next time please include this information in first post ...

ideally with brief info what's rest in Your PC like videocard, chipset, drivers etc.

Ill dowbt he will be back after that wink_o.gif i knw i wouldnt if i were new wow_o.gif

thats what u get, for being rude...

lets hope he enjoys his BSOD's whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

Funny he wants to blame ArmA, instead of his pc.

Topic should be named... "ArmA found an issue in the way I have my pc confiqured"

Topic should be named... "ArmA found an issue in the way I have my pc confiqured"

Yeah, real funny.

I have the same problem and I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that I have my shit wired up pretty tight.

Did you even read the messages on this thread? He said that he tried all driver versions. Your post contributes nothing. It contains no information, helpful or otherwise. The problem was not with how he was going about troubleshooting, but the fact that he was being an abrasive asshole. Now that we've lost him, thank god we have you to pick up the slack.

Yeah, real funny.

I have the same problem and I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that I have my shit wired up pretty tight.

Did you even read the messages on this thread?  He said that he tried all driver versions.  Your post contributes nothing.  It contains no information, helpful or otherwise.  The problem was not with how he was going about troubleshooting, but the fact that he was being an abrasive asshole.  Now that we've lost him, thank god we have you to pick up the slack.

Oh my...guess your needing advice on your "tight setup"?

And now it's obvious as to why you already have warnings.

Feel free to pm me if needed wink_o.gif

Yeah, real funny.

Did you even read the messages on this thread? He said that he tried all driver versions. Your post contributes nothing. It contains no information, helpful or otherwise. The problem was not with how he was going about troubleshooting, but the fact that he was being an abrasive asshole. Now that we've lost him, thank god we have you to pick up the slack.

Oh my...guess your needing advice on your "tight setup"?

And now it's obvious as to why you already have warnings.

Feel free to pm me if needed wink_o.gif

No, I think that ArmA has a VON bug, which is causing the crashes. Way to continue to be a dick, though. Like I said earlier, the issue was not how he was troubleshooting, but his attitude. Please chill out. I will not be PMing you for any reason.

To TOP:

By using the search feature you could have found this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....hl=bsod

Quote[/b] ]

I had this EXACT problem yesterday with that exact same file. The problem is with the newest Audigy 2 drivers. Some how there is a conflict between the VOIP in game and running teamspeak/ventrillo in the background. I installed an older driver, rebooted and no more BSOD!

Heres the driver I used.

http://www.station-drivers.com/telecha....hql.exe

Hopefully it works for you to!

PS: I did have to reinstall direct X after the uninstall/reinstall process to get the game to fire. I played last night for 3 hours with no crashes or BSOD for the first time ever!

This poster claims that it's the newest drivers that are not working, and that those specific ones will work. Moreover these crashes seem to be associated with using TS and ArmA VOIP at the same time. Are you sure you have been completely uninstalling the drivers and rebooting, before you reinstalled new drivers? It is important to get this procedural stuff out of the way first.

I've managed to crash (BSOD) without running TS. So, if it's TS related, TS doesn't have to be running in order for ArmA to crash. So, the straight dope of this problem seems to be that ArmA and some versions of the Audigy 2 drivers don't like each other. I'm about to install the above mentioned driver version and see what happens.

Unbelievable... you call ME "rude" and yet you permit Bohemia Interactive to FUCK all of you in the ASS every day? Typical of the fanboy *cough* whores *cough* group... *yawn*

I'd bet dollars to pesos that if BI came out and said, "Yeah, it's COOL to molest and kill children!"... that all of you would start molesting and killing children because BI said it was cool.

My "rudeness" was only a response to rudeness because it's more than obvious that the #2 poster was completely automated (i.e. - non human) and provided me with no helpful information of any kind. Repeating already given information is FAR more rude than anything I could have possibly said. I'd like to see the hands of anyone who has never had their own information repeated back to them... and didn't get pissed off at the sheer audacity of the cocksucker doing the repeating.

Yeah, I blame ArmA for this problem because out of the dozens and dozens of games I've run on this configuration, Arma is the ONLY one that has it. It's called "deductive reasoning", and it's a fundamental principal used in worldwide scientific communities every day, which are basically responsible for YOUR fucking existence regardless of whatever feeble control you THINK you have.

For the scant handful of people that asked legitimate questions or made useful comments, here are my specs...

- Core 2 Duo E6600

- 2 GB DDR2 667

- PNY GeForce 8800GTX 768mb (v162.18)

- Biostar T-series 965PT mobo (current BIOS revision & latest chipset drivers installed)

- Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (v02.09.0016) link here... http://tinyurl.com/28se4e

- Windows XP Pro SP2 (all updates are current... not that it's a good thing, however...)

- Keyboard: Logitech G15

- Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Laser (cordless)

But, you know what? It doesn't matter anymore. The ArmA community is like every other online shooter community before it... full of fucking piece-of-shit little faggot 12 year-olds that only think they're more "l337" than everyone else.

Personally, I would not give a bucket full of dog piss to save the lives of any of you in the real world.

Oh yeah... NOW I'm on fucking holiday, bitches.

---

Uh ok, to anyone else having this problem, have you tried playing a map other than Evolution? I can't play that map for more than half an hour before my computer crashes, but I can play other maps for hours.

I haven't done much testing though.

- Keyboard: Logitech G15

- Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Laser (cordless)

G-15 software/drivers are a sack of shit. As is most Logi software.

I would bet money your problem lies with 1 of those 2 devices. (and you stated earlier you don't use a Logi mouse?)

I bet you havnt tried it using a different mouse/kb?

Just because the only game that crashes is Arma, does not mean that Arma is the CAUSE of the problem.

Your "deductive reasoning" does not apply to computer problems.

You can have a hardware/driver issue that lies dormant until an App/game tries to access/utilize the component that is not working.

Have a nice holiday, I'm sorry you couldn't just ignore the people who tried to help but mis-interpreted you. (allot of board members use english as a 2nd or 3rd language too, so comprehension sometimes isn't the greatest.)

wink_o.gif

-

Just because the only game that crashes is Arma, does not mean that Arma is the CAUSE of the problem.

Your "deductive reasoning" does not apply to computer problems.

You can have a hardware/driver issue that lies dormant until an App/game tries to access/utilize the component that is not working.

wink_o.gif

uhh...i think i said that earlier..but didn't mean no harm (as others "thought")

I'm glad he listed his specs..so suggestion could be offered.

It was the name of this topic that bugged me. I've never purchased a pc title that was the cause of a critcal error...aka BSOD!!

@Deckard94

Yes your probobly right that your computer can run any other game.

Isn't it sad that your computer can't even touch a game like ArmA? Wow, you probobly spent tons of money on that power horse that cant go the extra mile, can't touch the master piece...

Your like the raving stock broker that lost all his money, too bad.. I mean why else would you post here if you didn't want to play this game?

So why don't you curl up with your PC and slowly fade, not die, fade into the zone where your computer can run...

Sad...

EDIT: And now i just read what your specs are ROFL! I can rest easy, knowing I stuck with the 1900xtx instead of buying the 8800gtx.

My "rudeness" was only a response to rudeness because it's more than obvious that the #2 poster was completely automated (i.e. - non human) and provided me with no helpful information of any kind.

CodeSkyWolf is not a postbot, he is a very smart guy that has helped around on the forums alot, especially when it comes to servers and handling servers for MP.

Oh, and a:

Your "rudeness" was only a response to rudeness, there is only one thing to say

"Kid 1: But moooom!! He started it!

Kid 2: No! You started it!

Kid 1: No you started it!! *whuaaah whine whine whine*"

Something like that.

Don't expect any help if you say that BI will tell us to rape children, and how dare you call us whores?

I mean, what have we ever done to you, except for helping.

If you actually read more then the first line of CSWs post, you would have realized he was answering on your problem, maybe not the most direct, but atleast an answer.

If he wanted, he could have gone your style and called you an asshole or something for no reason at all, but he didn't, which you, if not all of your braincells are on vacation, appriciate.

And we don't think we are anymore 1337 then you, I don't even see where you get it from?

Oh my god, I cannot imagine, if you are like this on a forum where you don't know a single joe, how are you in real life.

In school, if your teacher corrects you, do you throw a book on her and call her a whore?

Seemingly, you do.

Great way of making a first impression, hope you get banned permanently, the forum is better off people like you.

mad_o.gif

EDIT: I think it's time for the "banned nutjob" title again rofl.gif

Deckard94 - you've blown your final chance - perm ban. Bye bye.

wex-q - replying to flamebait is almost as bad as flaming yourself. Consider this your first and last warning on the matter.

I think that guy needs some kind of medication.

Why does he even play ArmA?

Well I would just like to say that this is a problem relating to Arma. I have researched this to hell and performing a search on this problem will bring up more than a few threads regarding this specific problem. I can save you some time by saying that no matter what driver you use, you will still crash, you can reinstall your OS which won't fix it, you can try and change your ARMA settings, IRQ, PCI slots, BIOS settings, etc., which will all be for nothing. I can CONFIDENTLY say I have tried EVERYTHING short of buying a new card.

My PC is far less powerful than the starter of this thread and I receive the same error. What I have done to resolve it is uninstall my audigy 2 from my PC and use onboard sound. Yes it sucks but it has not deterred me from playing. Make sure you then clean your registry out of any creative entries and use some sort of driver cleaner. Also disabling Arma's VOIP via command line limits this problem. Until there is some official fix for this, I'm SOL. It sucks to because right when Chammy's mod came out, I had to switch to onboard. Perfect timing!

For the record, this is the only game that causes me to blue screen let alone receive that specific error. I know there is some sort of problem with the handshaking between Arma and that driver. The fact that you may not have that problem does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with the user's PC especially if more than one user has the same problem.