Sign in to follow this  
USMC NEEDER

Why a harrier?

And haven't you seen Die Hard 4 ?

The Harrier !

Wasn't a harrier jet in Die Hard 4.0, was a F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter.

this source[/url] the AH-1Z is capable of carrying AIM-9 air-to-air missiles.

I've also seen some photos where they could be seen mounted.

The AH-1W can also use the Sidewinders although it's rather uncommon. But I find it rather strange that the Army/Marines didn't use the Stinger missiles on them instead of Sidewinders.

abit besides of the question; but what about the camel, what is it doing in arma??? confused_o.gifwhistle.gif

abit besides of the question; but what about the camel, what is it doing in arma???  confused_o.gif    whistle.gif

General fun,

scouting.

I like it compared to the Cesena.

lo folks,

The Camel was in ofp too - BI lunch time play toy? :P

Personally had enough of USAF all together. Would have been good to see a company daring to go British with RAF units like Tornado, Tuccano, Puma and Apache D. Could of still used Harrier but in a better Ground Attack role. Could of supported it with shipboard ops - Im sure they still have the carrier from 'Independence Lost' somewhere.

Just because the US invading a country for its oil under the pretence of freeing a country from oppression story line is believable doesnt mean you have to do it Marek :P

Rock on,

Carver

Guest Ti0n3r
abit besides of the question; but what about the camel, what is it doing in arma??? confused_o.gifwhistle.gif

Come on, I thought it was great that BIS added it biggrin_o.gif

i think FDF is making f-18, since finnish army has 'em

Yeah they could at leaste expand there expansion and instead of edit some old crappy units they could add a Chinnok, Ah-64, C-130, Civi Airplane, Some Woman, Animals, Some other things for the russians and it will be a SUPER Expansion but no few retexes and new rubbish looking remade units and a good looking island is bad.

And becuase they havnt gave us the full modding tools yet is becuase they want us to buy this crappy expansion and they know we will buy it and then release the proper modding tools becuase they know we will make a much better job at this then themselves.

And on a side note i think BIS should pick some of the best made community addons and add them into a patch after a lot of testing so they become into the game and then mission makers would use them a lot more becuase they would be ingame and the mission makers would need to say you need this addon so on as they would be in the patch. I think thats a great idea.

What self sealing tanks? Gee how come i get shot once and all my fuel leaks out in game. Gurrr someone forgot the bars leaks in my fuel tank.

Thinking about it logically for a second, unless the game assumes you are always being shot into the very bottom of the fuel tanks, shouldn't the fuel leak to a certain point i.e. where the hole(s) is and then stop leaking?

ok about the camel i understand the fun-factor, but i would find far more logic that they've would added and ah64, or a chinook or a C130 in the game from the start; something that would serve way more purpose into missions than the camel.

Guest Ti0n3r

Thing is, the camel was already done so they didn't waste any time by adding it.

oh come on.. why are you asking "why is there a camel in arma"?..

Maybe BI should ask you before they put things in the games they design? lol.. the camel is alot of fun in dogfights.. it's a game.. it's fun.. enjoy it..

jeeze.. people just can't help but try to find things to complain about even if it's just a nice bonus to have.. like the camel..

why the harrier? why not? it's fun to fly and you can land in small spaces.. it's perfect for this game.

I agree if anything is out of place it's the su34. the a-10 is perfect too.. other than the fact it's drawn to the ground like it's being pulled to it by magnetic force..lol..

I hope they fix that.. it just can't be that hard for it to maintain altitude.

if you want f-22's go play air combat..

this game would suk with planes like that.. flying at mach 3, lagging the hell out of everything. no way..

I agree though, a C-130 would be so awsome.. it would give such a true battlefield feeling.. loading and unloading cargo, tanks and stuff inside it, troops waiting to land.. would be perfect..

Hi, i think that the AV8B is a great plane and i thank God that BIS

added USMC stuff in the 1St release; the AV8B main role is CAS =

Close Air Support. And it's a great plane for that (in the real life)

in the game the CAP = Combat Air Patrol AV8B i think that's mainly

intended for shot down KA-52's and MI-17's. An AV8B can't do nothing

versus a SU-34 Berkut; as this is focused in the infantry combat,

the jet fighters aren't very needed for the game play, so i don't

miss any F15E, F18G and much less a F22. But i'll like to see the

Camels removed from the game; what a WW-I plane is doing in a

modern combat game!?, is the most pointless thing that the game

haves. Let's C ya

I think they were trying to stick to a Falklands storyline. The british were involved and they used harriers. Also the Island kinda looks alike.

I think they were trying to stick to a Falklands storyline.  The british were involved and they used harriers.  Also the Island kinda looks alike.

Then they could of at leaste made it Britsh and Argintine Forces >,< Would of been much better.

I think they were trying to stick to a Falklands storyline.  The british were involved and they used harriers.  Also the Island kinda looks alike.

Then they could of at leaste made it Britsh and Argintine Forces >,< Would of been much better.

Yes, but not if they wanted to actually sell many copies:

British vs Argentina fighting over the sovereignty of some

scabby useless islands 25 years ago (Say what?  huh.gif  )

US vs some evil bad guys in an oil-rich Middle Eastern sorta

setting in the present day (Yay!  yay.gif   )  

Anyway the resemblance between the ArmA campaign and

the Falklands war is as follows:

1. Both take place on an island (although the geomorphology

is totally different).

2. Harrier type aeroplanes are included.

That's it.

Did you guys notice the bad sounds of every air vehicle? they all have a high pitched noise.

Basic explanation for the AV-8B and AH-1Z:

1. The USMC come by and "rescue" the Army forces at the campaign's midpoint. Strike craft would likely be the first sent in to support a ground force.

2. US Army AH-64s are generally not used on low-intensity conflicts and it would likely take a while to deploy a unit. By this token, we probably wouldn't see many UH-60s either, but we let that pass anyways.

3. USAF aircraft would have to deploy as the same measure as AH-64s - they'd need to be transported or fly to the theatre.

4. We're assuming one of the standard CV battle groups would not be available or was not sent. Thus, that precludes standard carrier fixed wing strike craft such as F-18. An amphibious assault group was likely sent/available instead - thus, AV-8B and AH-1Z.

These are the conclusions I drew. smile_o.gif

Heres a question, when you play the sinlge player compaign, it says that you are US ARMY. BUT! They are using harriers and Cobras? Also, if its the other way around online, then why are they using BlackHawks and not Hueys? Also M24 instead of M40A1/A2/A3? M9 but not M1911? SPR-4 but not M14/M21?

I get the fact that BIS makes the stuff that people want, but for gods sakes, the game has been called the "Most realistic FPS out their." If were gona call it that CAN WE AT LEAST MAKE IT REALISTIC?

The Army doesnt use harriers, the Marines dont use the Black Hawk. The M16s have a faster rate of fire then that in game, and the weapons in general are f@#%ed beyound belief...

"Well, then just make your own mod or something." I paid close to 50 bucks for a REALISTIC COMBAT GAME because i got tired of the bunny hopping arcade style of the BF games, the LEAST they could do, is use the right equipment and ROF for the weapons in the game....

As my grandfather always tells me, dont do something half a#%ed, if your gona do it, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Little bugs in the code dont really count, those are just the reaction to diffrent machines ect.

Heres a question, when you play the sinlge player compaign, it says that you are US ARMY. BUT! They are using harriers and Cobras? Also, if its the other way around online, then why are they using BlackHawks and not Hueys? Also M24 instead of M40A1/A2/A3? M9 but not M1911? SPR-4 but not M14/M21?

I get the fact that BIS makes the stuff that people want, but for gods sakes, the game has been called the "Most realistic FPS out their." If were gona call it that CAN WE AT LEAST MAKE IT REALISTIC?

The Army doesnt use harriers, the Marines dont use the Black Hawk. The M16s have a faster rate of fire then that in game, and the weapons in general are f@#%ed beyound belief...

"Well, then just make your own mod or something." I paid close to 50 bucks for a REALISTIC COMBAT GAME because i got tired of the bunny hopping arcade style of the BF games, the LEAST they could do, is use the right equipment and ROF for the weapons in the game....

As my grandfather always tells me, dont do something half a#%ed, if your gona do it, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Little bugs in the code dont really count, those are just the reaction to diffrent machines ect.

Hey, Snakefang, the story specifically includes support by the Marines in the campaign. Are you saying that the Marines never operate in the same AO IRL? The US Army contingent on Sahrani is the last dregs of a training operation that includes some of a stryker brigade, some National Guard, etc. The Marines come later after the action was initiated by the SLA. You'll notice that those Marine vehicles have MARINES painted on the side.

They know that the ROF of the M16 is faster. That bug was introduced in a patch. You can look forward to it being fixed in a subsequent patch.

The points you discussed are quite old to most of us. I wouldn't expect the same raw reaction out of most of us on the board.

Thing is, the camel was already done so they didn't waste any time by adding it.

so was the AH64 in ofp, they could have ported it into arma aswell or instead...

@d007: i'm not whinning nor complaining, it was just a contemplative question, don't be so offensive in your replies, please. These are discussion boards, not argument boards....

i agree camel can e real fun, BUT i thought this game was about realism, great cooperative scenarios during online gameplay. But what I'm trying to say is; if the focus of the game is primarly realism, then the camel's very far from that perspective, porting eg the AH64 from ofp would have been much closer towards that perspective.

Nonetheless I am very happy with the camel, but i'd rather had seen ah64 or C130 or chinook implemented in the game from release on, and had the camel delivered with a patch.

just my 2cents

Just found out We are supposed to be Marines ... read this from Bi's Wiki - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces

wink_o.gif You're suppose to PATD(pay attention to detail) . Click your link, scroll to the top and read the yellow box. Yes the one with the exclamation mark(! ).

The Army doesnt use harriers, the Marines dont use the Black Hawk.

The Armed Assault UH-60:

bdns5.jpg

The Armed Assault AH-1Z:

cobracd5.jpg

The Armed Assault AV-8B:

harrierng8.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

Man this "BIS didn't make it right" BS is driving me nuts? Am I the only one who really liked the fact that we got to see and use both army and marine stuff in the campaign? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just found out We are supposed to be Marines ... read this from Bi's Wiki - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces

The guy who wrote that list did obviously not play the campaign.