Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Addon or mod for kids

Teletubbies in ArmA?

I`d have great fun with hunting them down, drive over them with an M1, and blow the pieces away with some explosives. whistle.gif

I hate those "things", should be forbidden to watched by children over 12 month.

ArmA: TONKA edition

Teaches kids about construction equipment smile_o.gif The next best thing to driving a tank has got to be a CAT D11 or a Liebherr T282B dump truck.

ArmA: TONKA edition

Teaches kids about construction equipment smile_o.gif  

We already have "Bob the Builder" for that. smile_o.gif

Children can tell the difference between fiction and reality, but this doesn't mean that fiction doesn't scares them. I don't think it's ok for a three year old to sit alone in front a pc playing something clearly created for adults. But as long as it's under adult supervision you can allow the child to investigate the amazing world of Sahrani.

You don't need enemies or weapons to have fun, open up the editor and start out easy. Walk around, look a bird! Look a red car! Go listen to the waves or ride in the bus as passenger. At a later age they can also easily tell the different between fictional and real violence. It becomes a problem if the parenting comes soly form violent video games or movies, but as long as it's under the guidance of a decent parent, I see no reason why they can discover Sahrani or shoot a commie or two. Just make sure your child get to interact with real people and real children. If you use the pc as a babysitter, you'll pay later.

I'm much more conserned about kids being exposed to japaneese caroons that makes them crazy and crave worthless, yet expensive plastic figurines.

yeah if you put little kids and stuff in the game i'd blow them up in mission editor for kicks

I dont have kids.... but if you all think your kids would want to do an easter egg hunt, Ill make you an addon that lets you place 5 or 6 colors.... as far as scripting them to do anything... I dont know how to do that....

just say the word...

i fly allways over the land whit my son 1/2y old and set way points for a car so i go chase the car

and he says TA TA (Auto) LOL

I let my daughter last year (age 6) play some vbs1. I put a truck on the core map with 2 herds of sheep and some civs.

She manaaged to get one sheep into the truck (as the driver) and run over most of her flock...so that didnt go over well.

The next time she played some OFP. I gave her 2 females (on the res side from an addon I dloaded) and a car to go for a ride through Nogova.

I forgot to remove the 2 squads of russians up the road though and she got blown up with an RPG. Thats my bad.

Its good fun as a sim type game but you cant remove all the dangers of seeing violence in it. (lady under a car tire for example due to some bad driving) wink_o.gif

MY 7 year old quite often runs around in arma, I put a load of buses and civs in and she loves it. She always plays The sims 2 as well I would be brilliant if you could import the thousands of houses and sims she has made in to arma it would populate the whole of sahrani!!!!

Yeah good idea smile_o.gif

I used to make civvie maps with lots of vehicles for my little brother to play with, he could sit for an hour on end driving around laughing as he chucked himself off a bridge by poor driving and the such smile_o.gif

Pink ponys with pink AKs  crazy_o.gif

And ROFLCOPTER launching missiles at you  crazy_o.gif

Just joking, i think its possible to create anything in ArmA. Such as in OFP, which almost turned to train simulator with train addon biggrin_o.gif

But what if they grow up, like us but even more hardcore BIS fans, that played OFP at 3    whistle.gif

Not going to let kids play ArmA on my PC, crappy FPS will scare them rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Exactly but there was something I never got when I was little I could watch a guy get his guts blown out in saving private ryan but if the movie had one female nipple showing I wasn't able to watch it I never understood my parents for doing that but from what I've seen I came out just fine.

Yeah. . . You can drop a guy off a building and blow his brains out on TV, but swear or show female body parts? Now that's going too far. (Mommy doesn't have those parts? People who are afraid of female anatomy need to have their heads examined. I mean, lighten up already.)

I think the debate from the eighties about restricting TV and Movie content has just moved to games. It'll blow over. Honestly; it's difficult to find any of that debate that gets very far past games as a medium into exactly where the problem is supposed to be. IMHO, it's mainly a knee-jerk reaction to the violence in games that are *already* heavily age-restricted, like GTA. Most of the people crying foul don't seem to have much exposure to the medium, and frankly, if your underage kid is playing GTA, it's *your parenting* that needs a reality check, not the developers. You don't make a game like GTA without being clear on who your audience is.

As for ArmA content aimed for the kids of the many people who play ArmA, I'm totally behind that. I'm making a whole load of civilian content right now.

Past year my little daughter (3 yo) had lots of fun with OFP. It was enough to put people walking by the streets, buses going here and there, a bicycle she may use, some musics triggered here and there and so.

I know ArmA is basically a "military" thing in nature, but it might be also and outstanding tool and toy also for the very young and small people for both, having fun and teaching things.

Is anyone considering that for any future mod?

you know thats funny, in my house, my sisters always played a map I made called Civi-Life on OFP, like playing house, it was really amusing that they were playing a Mature game but in a house play fashion. They'd drive to the store and then act em out in real life.

One time they even (god forbid) got me to play as the pilot and fly them out places on FS9.

Here all along I thought I was the only one!

My first baby will be born in february, so it would be nice to have something for the young kids(2 year olds)

well as soon as he can hold a mouse and keyboard, its off to the shooting range, and start a intense practice tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

You know ,i've never let my to little girls(5 & 6) touch my pc!

But the 6 yr old is damn good at sims 2 on the missis pc!

I just might start letting em have a run round Sahrani!

Never thought bout it till i read this thread! smile_o.gif

You know ,i've never let my to little girls(5 & 6) touch my pc!

But the 6 yr old is damn good at sims 2 on the missis pc!

I just might start letting em have a run round Sahrani!

Never thought bout it till i read this thread! smile_o.gif

probly best if they played on the missus pc, otherwise u find ur keyboard and mouse sticky with juice and stuff smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I think we need to get an extended gore mod to show the children. To show them what war is really like. And show our neemys dragging Americans dead bodys on the street... to teach them the reality of war....

Just kidding. rofl.gif

I think this is a good idea,

Also id teach my kids not to play on the PC as too much of it = No Life for some... Once your hooked in by ArmA/OFP theres no stopping.