Sign in to follow this  
Horus

OpenAL 2.0.3

hey, thats always good to know!

- interesting bugfix!

Fixed software reverb bugs (Reflection Delay and Air Absorption HF)

Forgive my ignorance but what the hell is it and what will this new version do?

wink_o.gif

btw in know its sound! smile_o.gif

its a sound driver that arma uses...

..i believe...

I have a Creative X-Fi soundcard and I can usually hear tanks maneuvering from miles away.. makes them sound like they're close when they're not. I wonder if this update corrects this?

I have a Creative X-Fi soundcard and I can usually hear tanks maneuvering from miles away.. makes them sound like they're close when they're not. I wonder if this update corrects this?

I am using onboard sound and that happens to me also.

I have a Creative X-Fi soundcard and I can usually hear tanks maneuvering from miles away.. makes them sound like they're close when they're not.  I wonder if this update corrects this?

I am using onboard sound and that happens to me also.

i had the way back i think in 1.04 and i dont have it in ages

I'm looking for more feedback on this good or bad.

Can anyone who has tried this care to help out the community and comment?

Thanks in advance.

Where's 'Walker' when you need him with his comprehensive input? wink_o.gif

thanks, moving to Troubleshooting and updating sticky about

My audio is fine but I'm happy to have an openal update on my system. Trivial download, hassle-free installation and it fixes stuff, apparently smile_o.gif.

Back in the day of ArmA 1.04, openal updates helped with my game stability.

Anyone got a link thats not on the creative site?

Cheers

GC

Well I installed this OpenAL update and now I got errors in the sounds while playing ArmA! I didn't have any errors before with the sounds in any game on this very same computer.

The sounds are 'cracking' every now and then and it certainly doesn't belong to the game. At some point I also thought I heard a sound partially being played twice when it only should have been played once, but I am not 100 % sure about this.

I have a Sound Blaster 128 PCI sound card so nothing fancy in that department. This is the first time I'm experiencing any problems with sounds with this hardware. Other applications play sounds normally.

I must say I also updated the Nvidia graphics driver to the latest beta driver from the the latest official driver at the same time as I did the OpenAL update. But I suspect more it is the OpenAL update that causes problems with the sounds.

It seems I need to try an older version of OpenAL and see if that helps.

Well I installed this OpenAL update and now I got errors in the sounds while playing ArmA! I didn't have any errors before with the sounds in any game on this very same computer.

The sounds are 'cracking' every now and then and it certainly doesn't belong to the game. At some point I also thought I heard a sound partially being played twice when it only should have been played once, but I am not 100 % sure about this.

I have a Sound Blaster 128 PCI sound card so nothing fancy in that department. This is the first time I'm experiencing any problems with sounds with this hardware. Other applications play sounds normally.

I must say I also updated the Nvidia graphics driver to the latest beta driver from the the latest official driver at the same time as I did the OpenAL update. But I suspect more it is the OpenAL update that causes problems with the sounds.

It seems I need to try an older version of OpenAL and see if that helps.

remove the old drivers before tyring the new 1's

remove the old drivers before tyring the new 1's

The OpenAL updater does that by writing new files over old ones in the Windows system32 folder.

There is no conflict between old and new version of OpenAL.