Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Tutorial problem question

I'm going through brsseb's first tutorial, the one where you make a crate. I'm up to the part where you start applying textures.

Now I can apply a texture but when I apply the next texture the previous one dissapears. For example I place the door texture on the front of the box and it shows up in the viewer just fine. However when I apply a texture to any other side of the box the new texture appears fine how ever the previous texture dissapears, in this case the door. What am I doing wrong?

Alright everything appears correctly now, I had to go into F2 mode and select everything then all the textures showed up in the viewer.

However in the game it appears with no textures at all. I messed with the config some and tried a few path changes, yet it still appears with out textures in the game. Could some one take a look at it for me and tell me what I've done wrong?

Here is the download link

http://files.filefront.com/boxprojectpbo/;8065120;;/fileinfo.html

Eh,Sputnik it's not mapped.There's no textures

actually assigned,that's all that's wrong as far

as I can see.I've just looked at it ingame.

smile_o.gif

To make sure you have textures assigned,

bring up the "texture library" located under

Window on the top right of the O2 ui.

They should be listed on the left.With the path

followed by the texture name.

smile_o.gif

I think I see what I may have done wrong. I put the textures on the geometry LOD. I'll try putting them on the 0.0 LOD and report back.

I just cannot do anything right. I now have the textures set on the 0.00 LOD instead of the geometry lod. So now in game the textures show up. However now you can walk through the box!

Before when the textures didn't show up in game (as I was a dope and put them on the geometry lod) at least the actual geometry was working and you could not walk through the box, and could infact shoot it and such.

Any idea whay I have done wrong this time?

Don't lose hope Sputnik.It gets easier.

I'll tell ye what,either post the file for download again,

or Pm it to me,and I'll tell you what's wrong.

I use O2 on a daily basis,so I'm pretty sure

I can sort it,whatever it is.

Btw,does it have mass?And are the "Components"

visible in the named selection window,while viewing the

Geometry LOD?As in "component01".

smile_o.gif

Hello all

I am relived to hear that I am not the only one having problems. I am competely new to using Oxygen, but do have some modeling experience.

I am having trouble with adding textres. I am also trying to follow the tut. I have the LOD's correct, but when trying to add the textures, it keeps saying "no texture loaded"

Can someone please tell me where to place the config. and texture folder. I am completely lost.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hello all

I am relived to hear that I am not the only one having problems. I am competely new to using Oxygen, but do have some modeling experience.

I am having trouble with adding textres. I am also trying to follow the tut. I have the LOD's correct, but when trying to add the textures, it keeps saying "no texture loaded"

Can someone please tell me where to place the config. and texture folder. I am completely lost.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Thats exactly my problem too!!!

I'm sure to do all like in the tutorial but by loading a texture "null" dosnt change to textures name, nothing new appears in the "texture library" and logicaly by pressing "b" i get the "no texture loaded" - window...

Can anyone tell me what my problem can be? huh.gif

When you add a texture, you add it to a "view" of the model. (for example, in the "front" view). If you click on another view (for example the left view) and hit the "background mapping" button, O2 will return this kinda error message.

So :

(1) set the texture to a view (set background texture, open the texture, put it on the screen)

(2) select the part of the model you wanna texture

(3) RIGHT CLICK on the same view than in (1)

(4) Background mapping button (or B key).

(5) Youpee

I have solved my problem...

I have to copy the textures to a folder called "data" or change the "Texture name prefix" to a folder there the textures will be in...

I didn't even thought that it was such an obvious problem...you should search before posting such kind of troubles answered 10 million times...  welcome.gif