Sign in to follow this  
Nick225

receiving mission file...

whenever i try to join a mulitplayer game it goes into the game lobby and then i click on connect and it goes to the receiving mission file box, but it for the file size, it says 0KB/0KB. it stays like that until i disconnect. ive disabled my firewall and stuff like that, still no luck. any suggestions?

For how long did you wait?

If the server is dedicated and empty waiting for players it starts reading the mission file which usually takes some time, after that it will send the data to you.

Could this be the case?

Also what game were you trying to connect to? Evolution?

I've known ppl to wait as long as 20 mins to connect,that mission could of been going for 5 hrs or more and your pc has to gather all that info! smile_o.gif

Reasons for that are usually:

- crappy missionmakers that put in their .pbo over 2MB of sounds (if 10 players are online it takes some time to start downloading)

- guys that use 500kbs of taunts and every player has to synch with them

I have the same issue. My brother is trying to download a mission (100KB) and we don't have any custom sounds or taunts or any of that crap. Any ideas?

I have the same issue.  My brother is trying to download a mission (100KB) and we don't have any custom sounds or taunts or any of that crap.  Any ideas?

Other players will have the sounds though and you have to download them all. Same with faces.

Thanks Matt, I understand that and that makes sense. However, I'm talking about setting up a host on my computer and having my brother join me. No one else. I assume it is a firewall / router issue because I can join him and download his missions no problem, but he can't get the missions off my pc. It weird because he is connected no problem, but once we select the mission and our roles, the downloading of the mission never starts for him. I would think it fit was a router / firewall issue he wouldn't be able to connect to me in the first place.

I have a buffalo router, so I'm not 100% sure how to set up all my ports. I think I have all ports necessary for Arma open, but I'm really not sure. I don't see an option to do a DMZ like I could when I had a linksys router.

u need port 2302-2305 udp open you dont need 2305 or 2304 open if you have VON off

if you have to wait more then 4min on reciving data server is fubar an not setup right!!!

Sorry to be an idiot, but the router's documentation is very cryptic. There is a spot for UDP and TDP (I think... I know it had a T..) I opened the ports for both of them. Should I have only done it for UDP and not the other. Would the fact that I opened them for the T one screw it up too?