Sign in to follow this  
an_enlarged_stomach

Did anyone notice

For anyone that bought the game mostly for the single player experience, it was a rip off. The campaign was so crap, it looked as if they put it together in the last week before it went on sale.

And for a game boasting about the single player experience "story driven campaign", it was a rip off.

I have played the game everyday that I was able since December, and only twice have I tried multiplayer.

Is that a sentence describing someone who feels the single-player side of the game was/is a rip-off? wow_o.gif

I have played the game everyday that I was able since December, and only twice have I tried multiplayer.

Is that a sentence describing someone who feels the single-player side of the game was/is a rip-off? wow_o.gif

I'm backing up Clavicula_nox4817

0.001% of my gametime with ArmA is used in MP. Overall i play ArmA too much... Far too much banghead.gif

But then again ArmA is too good not to be played inlove.gif What else i could do?

TV... No way.

Guest Ti0n3r
For anyone that bought the game mostly for the single player experience, it was a rip off. The campaign was so crap, it looked as if they put it together in the last week before it went on sale.

And for a game boasting about the single player experience "story driven campaign", it was a rip off.

Why don't you just get out of here? You only whine about ArmA anyway. Do you even play it at all?

"The existing two-bladed semi-rigid, teetering rotor system is being replaced with a four-bladed, hingeless, bearingless rotor system. The improvement in flight characteristics provided by the four-bladed configuration has led to increases in flight envelope, maximum speed, vertical rate-of-climb, payload and rotor vibration level."

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just get out of here? You only whine about ArmA anyway. Do you even play it at all?

I talk more about how much the game is a disappointed than I play it. I wrote about 4 reviews on it so far.

Until BIS fixes the disappointment single player crappaign, I won't be silenced.

Thank you biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just get out of here? You only whine about ArmA anyway. Do you even play it at all?  

I talk more about how much the game is a disappointed than I play it.  I wrote about 4 reviews on it so far.  

Until BIS fixes the disappointment single player crappaign, I won't be silenced.

Thank you  biggrin_o.gif

They will not completely change the campaign for you (or anyone else for that matter), most people just got over the campaign and accepted the game in its patched state, why cant you?

Im having loads of fun in SP, even just dropping a few squads in the editor and fight till 1 side wins never gets old IMO.

I talk more about how much the game is a disappointed than I play it.  I wrote about 4 reviews on it so far.  

Thank you  biggrin_o.gif

Theres a shock Luciano trolling again..

+1WL and 48HR PR

This really isn't new for you, consider yourself lucky your are not on 5 boxes.

plaintiff1,

I KNOW its an AH-1 "Z". but i did not know if it was fictional, or based on real tech. you ASSumed i read nothing of the thread ( but you were wrong) YOU must not have read my question at all. or understood what i was asking. but thanks for the useless "informative" answer any ways.

Now, now, let's all act like the mature people we are and accept that not everyone knows every single detail about every weapons ever produced. The fact that the CObra in OFP was the older 'Nam version with dual rotor blades doesn't help, either. It's not a death sin to overlook details.

And to answer the question: yes, the AH-1Z we have in ArmA does indeed have four rotor blades as the latest Marine attack helicopter. Among the reasons posted above, another is that this makes its parts even more interchangeable with the new Marine UH-1Y (they use about 85% common parts!wink_o.gif.

plaintiff1,

I KNOW its an AH-1 "Z". but i did not know if it was fictional, or based on real tech. you ASSumed i read nothing of the thread ( but you were wrong) YOU must not have read my question at all. or understood what i was asking. but thanks for the useless "informative" answer any ways.

Let's explore this. BTW that 'ASSume' thing was clever. Last time I heard that I fell off of my dinosaur I was laughing so hard.

Quote[/b] ]

i guess because i fly it all the time, i never look at it from the outside. didnt noticed it was 4 blades. searching the net real quick didnt produce anything immediate.. is this an ingame "ARMA" thing, due to game engine, "intellectual property/likeness issue, or just an oddball mistake? or is it based off a real (limited version), or concept cobra?

I think that if you didn't notice the cobra has 4 blades, it's pretty safe to wager you didn't notice other things. But what didn't you notice? Well, let's see now.

Quote[/b] ]

Welcome to the internet. Would you like to buy a clue?

The AH-1 in ArmA is the AH-1Z. The AH-1Z has 4 rotor blades. Thanks for wasting our time being ignorant.

While this doesn't specifically say that it's not only an ArmA thing, I think that, given the wording, that it just might hint that it's a real aircraft. This is especially strong in in the sentence "The AH-1Z has 4 rotor blades".

Quote[/b] ]

Owned.

Wikipedia is your friend.

This post gives you the tool to find out about it yourself. Would the AH-1Z be on wikipedia if it was a fantasy version in ArmA only? It could be. Chances are low, however. Actually reading about it would have answered your question.

In sum, reading this thread and then maybe searching either by google or wikipedia would have given you more accurate and faster answers than bothering us about it here.

Clearly the in game cobra is supposed to have only 2 blades. The image is totally fake...

?ah1zvz5.jpg

Spot the difference

Good job, you found the unphotoshopped version!

All you need to do is type 'AH1Z' in Google, and there is the answer in the first result! There is nothing to discuss. End stupid discussion whistle.gif

Agrees with above, this whole topic is useless from the start.

I wouldnt have posted the same kind of second post. But I must admit I was thinking it.

AH-1 or AH-1Z or Cobra Helicopter in google all show the 4 bladed Z version on the first page!

especially if you knew that the helicopter was the Z version of it, you'd get this page.

Click to go to google page

So,

4302.png

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

JUST KIDDING!!! huh.gif

*jumps in bunker goodnight.gif

No but seriously it must be a great improvement to have more then 2 blades.

But why have they come up with this idea so late in the cobra's development history???

But good to see it getting updated for the future because its a nice helicopter.

Agrees with above, this whole topic is useless from the start.

I wouldnt have posted the same kind of second post. But I must admit I was thinking it.

AH-1 or AH-1Z or Cobra Helicopter in google all show the 4 bladed Z version on the first page!

especially if you knew that the helicopter was the Z version of it, you'd get this page.

Click to go to google page

So,

4302.png

rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

JUST KIDDING!!! huh.gif

*jumps in bunker  goodnight.gif  

No but seriously it must be a great improvement to have more then 2 blades.

But why have they come up with this idea so late in the cobra's development history???

But good to see it getting updated for the future because its a nice helicopter.

cause AH-1 is basically based upon UH-1 huey tech after Army say that they need a full attack chopper? confused_o.gif

need to check books crazy_o.gif

The AH-1Z is the next gen Super Cobra attack helicopter designed for the USMC. It is more up to date in modern equipment and technology then its brothers and sisters.

Both cockpits are 95% identical, the use of TSS http://www.missilesandfirecontrol.com/our_pro....TSS.jpg are supposed to give it a more modern edge.

AH1-Whiskey pre-latest, was the last to have the two blades

AH1-Zulu has four, its fact, proven, done, myth busted.

Who can say why the idea came up, maybe the higher ups just felt it was time to utilize things to a higher degree with the AH-64D Block III on its way, they could use an update as well.

Also the USMC isn't the most funded of "organizations" in the military, they can't order upgrades left and right like the US Army can. So yes, The AH-1Z is not a hoax or a fake, it is infact real and they will be used in the frontlines.

Yes it is true that the M299 with the AGM-114's look photoshopped, but the rest is real.

Ok you're good. That's one heck of a lot of faked images you got there.

^And you are okay...or? *LMFAO biggrin_o.gif*

Seems like you should change the oil in your sarcasm detector.