Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

HI Maddmatt smile_o.gif

I really like your addon,

there are some request, if is possible:

. increase smoke size for smoke grenades and make it more real if is possible smile_o.gif

. The default rain drops are too little and your (for my personal opinion) are too big, can you create a selectable rain pbo with intermediate size smile_o.gif

TANK U A LOT for this OUTSTANDING effects addon

by Rubberkite

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Oh and Matt, i want to suggest that you make the weapon explosions a little smaller, I mean the ones like when FFAR or an RPG hits the ground. They are a little excessive. You should make them more like the grenade explosion, that is pretty much perfect.

thats exactly what i think. The rpg impact explosion is too big at the moment - the smoke is fine but the fire ball should be more like from granades.

I guess WE ALL LOVE YOUR MOD! inlove.gif

cheers cruzifer

The rpg impact explosion is too big at the moment - the smoke is fine but the fire ball should be more like from granades.

Well, as far as I can tell, the RPG uses the same explosion effect as most of the other munitions. The fireball is definitely too big/longlasting, but the smoke still needs to be downsized a bit (I think). Ill try to find some good videos of some nice un-hollywood looking explosions.

I love this mod!

Ive installed it not so long ago, and well It adds allot to gaming with arma.

The laserguidedbombs in the rear view look really awesome! And strafing runs in aircraft are much cooler.

Just a small request, a bit longer lasting smoke with 25mm ammo...

There is a good video of the RPG being fired:

Check out the last two minutes of it.

Hi Again MaddMatt

I use the SDP weapon fix for working two gun with AH6 and 4 gun with Shilka,

Is just for eyecandy not funcional but It would be nice if the effects can be enabled to both gun

see this screen: http://www.alessiobaruffi.it/hwmissue/before1.jpg

I also ask u how to enable your effect for some Weapon Pack

Aimpoint desertweapon pack and Rebus Italian Weapon

EDIT: MY MISTAKE THESE ADDONS WORKS FINE ....

thank you

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm working on making a few different types of explosions for the different weapons. So for example FFARs and Hellfires will no longer share the same effect wink_o.gif

Unguided rockets will no longer have the large fireball/flash that the guided missiles generally do.

Maybe the M136 and RPG can get their own unique effects too if I can get that done.

@Sim: Thanks for the video smile_o.gif

@Rubberkite: I noticed that too. The AH6 minigun smoke shouldn't be hard to fix.

As for the weapons, I don't know why those weapon packs don't work my effects. They should as far as I know. I've got the Italian units addon, so I'll check that out later.

Hi Again MaddMatt

I use the SDP weapon fix for working two gun with AH6 and 4 gun with Shilka,

Is just for eyecandy not funcional but It would be nice if the effects can be enabled to both gun

see this screen: http://www.alessiobaruffi.it/hwmissue/before1.jpg

I also ask u how to enable your effect for some Weapon Pack

Aimpoint desertweapon pack and Rebus Italian Weapon

thank you

rofl.gif

Sorry Matt

The Aimpoint Desert Weapon and Rebus EI Weapon works fine with your addon is my mistake because I'm testing a lot of addon togheter

The fix for second AH6 gun if it's easy .. we will wait for it smile_o.gif

thank you biggrin_o.gif

cool i love your mod ive been using it as my first effects mod never replaced it and never will you rule!!!

thanks man!!! smile_o.gif

EDIT:Lol wrong smiley sry!! rofl.gif

Hey, I want to make another suggestion i just thought of. On some caliber weapons such as the chaingun on the Apache or on the 30mm on the KA50 and BMP2, smoke is ejected on either side of the muzzle too through those slots at the end of the barrel, just like on the M107 effects you have in game.

Also, when helicopters fire, the smoke from the weapons is commonly blown down and dissipates quickly..

The following video demonstrates both points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RwF2HI50gA&feature=related

extra:

...Also, when helicopters fire, the smoke from the weapons is commonly blown down and dissipates quickly...

Thanks for that. That would only require a little tweaking to the effects I already have in 0.6 wink_o.gif

Progress on this mod has been very slow. So no new version just yet. I can't really say what the next version will have yet, because I'm not really sure myself tounge2.gif

The explosions should be a bit more varied smile_o.gif

Hi, there's a script (i think) arround there that improves the shape

of the explosions/damage of some vehicle's classes, planes and

some cars too, i've seen a video and it looks good, but i don't know

if it hits hard in the game's performance or not; maybe include it

asking previously could be pimp, but i don't know how it works or

who did it exactly.

And by the way... the flames on the MH6's Little Bird have a life

time shorter than the cocaine; they last like 1min or a bit more,

wouldn't be possible to make 'em last a bit more after a crash or

a missile hit that destroys the birdie?. It's that's a bit weird, but

just that. Let's C ya

Any News

Matt ?

firefoxlover.gif

Made some progress, I've spent a little time working on it. But it's not ready yet wink_o.gif

FFAR explosions now look more realistic, and shouldn't kill FPS nearly as badly.

I've tried to optimise the particle count in my effects. So there are less particles. Much less in some cases. That doesn't mean that they now look like crap though smile_o.gif

When a chopper fires the cannon, the smoke is now blown downwards and dissipated faster by the engines. It's nothing too fancy, the script just checks whether or not the engine is on and that makes some changes to the particle's parameters. Looks neat though.

Maybe I can finish it up and release it next week.

yay.gif

Nice to hear those news about ArmaEffects!

Your addons is light also now but optimization is everytime welcome

thank you for your work smile_o.gif

Yo, I got a problem here.

ArmaFX doesn't work for me anymore.

I cannot see the firetrail of the planes.

It used to work fine though. I downloaded a few addons at some point, while playing with the beta patch. I had the ArmaFX mod on the shortcut of the original version because for some reason it didn't work with Arma Beta Patch.

Today I tried to run Arma Beta Patch with ArmaFX, by modifying the command line and it didn't work.

Then I run the ArmaFX shortcut (which used to work fine) and it didn't work there too.

What's up with that?

the mods I downloaded are some ammo boxes, aliens and zombies.

It used to work fine though. I downloaded a few addons at some point, while playing with the beta patch. I had the ArmaFX mod on the shortcut of the original version because for some reason it didn't work with Arma Beta Patch.

You'll have to try removing the addons to find the culprit. If you keep your addons in a modfolder it should be easy enough to see if that's the problem by simply disabling that modfolder.

If you don't know how modfolders work, there is info here.

You should never put addons in the stock ArmA addonfolder wink_o.gif

Also try deleting ArmA Effects, and re-download it and install it again to make sure it's up-to-date.

Damn I like those addons...

My problem is that I cannot pin point the time when it stopped working to understand which addon did it.

And I have a lot of custom missions that will be unplayable if I remove my addons.

So just move the addons out of the folder and see if it works?

Damn I like those addons...

My problem is that I cannot pin point the time when it stopped working to understand which addon did it.

And I have a lot of custom missions that will be unplayable if I remove my addons.

If you're desperate to find out which addons could have caused it, print out a list and post it. Maybe someone can point out a likely culprit.

Are you using HWM perhaps? IIRC they cause some problems because they overwrite all the eventhandlers and they don't use XEH.

@ [CAS] Daniel

All of them? I don't even remember which ones they are.

@ Maddmatt

I may do that later, thanks.

A question:

ArmaFX works fine with Arma Beta Patch, right? I should be able to see the effects by modifying the com line in the beta shortcut... provided that I removed any nasty addons.

Any updates? tounge2.gif

Almost done tounge2.gif

I haven't made all the changes I was hoping to, but there is still a decent amount changed.

Yesterday I modified the bullet impact effect for objects and buildings.

There are plenty of little changes including the stuff I mentioned above.

I should have it released pretty soon, maybe tomorrow if things go well smile_o.gif