Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

Damn, i want these explosions from the FFUR OFP Mod.

Watch here at 1.52 and 2.32:

Regards, Christian

Okay Maddmatt. smile_o.gif

I believe you for now. biggrin_o.gif

The old OFP movie made me remind how bad OFP looks today. band.gif

Maddmatt follow your way - you know you can't make everyone

happy - most important make yourself happy. wink_o.gif

Small update to version 0.52. Check first post for the link.

I just added correct addon dependencies to get rid of the MP error message and make sure the mod warns you if you don't have certain required files.

I also improved the rain effect a bit.

This isn't a major update. Nothing else has been changed.

Could the other hosts please update their mirrors?

Hey Matt, do you think it's possible to create a visual shockwave in Arma? Like from bombs or tank blasts...

That would be a really cool idea, i second that biggrin_o.gif

Also, i dont know if this is within your realms, but the when there is an impact near you, the default BIS camera head shake isn't that great, could you make the screen shake more?

Hi, i think that the tanks blast effect when they fire the main gun

could be a bit improved, to make 'em use a fire effect like when they

blow up... but lighter and much more shorter, so it may look something

like this:

M1A1 Firing:

screening_boom_full.jpg

I think that will be pimp, but i don't know if it's possible to make it

orizontal instead vertical. Let's C ya

This mod is just fantastic !!

But I would love taller, and more long-lasting smoke.

Is it even possible to make some smoke/condensation effects for planes ? Like wingtip vorticies, and condensation under heavy turns ?

Something even more far fetched would be some sort of heat effect from the engines. Don't know if any of it is really possible though wink_o.gif

oh well, just thinking aloud tounge2.gif

Nice effects that improve ArmA + rain atmosphere.

Is it possible to make those black smoke fade to grey in shorter time? Sometimes its look like little burning oil rigs huh.gif

Another idea: some (car) crash effects only with little smoke no explosion, no flames.

greetings smile_o.gif

Would it be possible to increase rotor wash effects and dust trails from vehicles? Just a thought...

Hey Matt, do you think it's possible to create a visual shockwave in Arma? Like from bombs or tank blasts...

Yes. With particle effects. Though it wont follow the terrain properly when the surface isn't flat, so I'm not sure it's worth it confused_o.gif

I could use some method to get it to follow terrain, but the results aren't too good and it hits FPS.

Also, i dont know if this is within your realms, but the when there is an impact near you, the default BIS camera head shake isn't that great, could you make the screen shake more?

It will take some scripting, but it should be possible. Not high priority though.

Hi, i think that the tanks blast effect when they fire the main gun

could be a bit improved, to make 'em use a fire effect like when they

blow up... but lighter and much more shorter, so it may look something

like this:

I might do that wink_o.gif It's tricky, the flash is very fast so you don't see the kind of detail as in that picture when it's in motion.

But I would love taller, and more long-lasting smoke.

More smoke = lower FPS sad_o.gif

I've been trying to keep the FPS hit down with that smoke, but maybe I could get it a bit taller. It is already much taller and longer lasting than default ArmA smoke.

Quote[/b] ]Is it even possible to make some smoke/condensation effects for planes ? Like wingtip vorticies, and condensation under heavy turns ?

Yes, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Keeping the FPS hit down will be difficult.

Quote[/b] ]

Something even more far fetched would be some sort of heat effect from the engines. Don't know if any of it is really possible though wink_o.gif

That would need to be some sort of shader effect. Maybe it's possible, but I don't think I could do that. It would be nice though.

Is it possible to make those black smoke fade to grey in shorter time? Sometimes its look like little burning oil rigs huh.gif

Yes. That's something I'll probably do.

Quote[/b] ]Another idea: some (car) crash effects only with little smoke no explosion, no flames.

Not sure that's possible, not without heavy scripting. Only crappy drivers crash anyway tounge2.gif I would like to do that, but I don't think it's worth it. Don't even think I could.

Would it be possible to increase rotor wash effects and dust trails from vehicles? Just a thought...

Yes, but I'm not sure I should. They look good as they are, will be hard to improve them.

Yes, but I'm not sure I should. They look good as they are, will be hard to improve them.

And it will not look good in north sahrani. Already now the dust from the car is big when you drive on a forrest road.

So I think its quite good as is. Decrease it and it will not look good in the desert and make it bigger and it will not fit the northern parts.

Ever looked HERE at 04:15 ? Or HERE at 00:26

Just great, isnt it?

By the way, while we on it, can u make the water as reflecting as in the second video?

Best Regards, Christian

OMG.

I was stunning for this FLAK-Effekts...

These would be very fine here in ArmA too.

Seeing this 1. Video in a post before me, makes my eyes wet.. all those planes and stuff shown..

Here the Effeckts were the 1. Step for me in this direction, so please keep up pimpin ArmA^^.

Just another thankfull user....

Just great, isnt it?

By the way, while we on it, can u make the water as reflecting as in the second video?

The rotor effects do look good there. I guess the water effect shape and size is a bit better than in ArmA. I'll see what I can do.

As for water reflections, someone with some programming skills would have to do that. I can't do that.

I was wondering if you could add some cobra 20mm cannon effects.

You mean the impact or firing effects? Both are planned.

I was stunning for this FLAK-Effekts...

These would be very fine here in ArmA too.

Seeing this 1. Video in a post before me, makes my eyes wet.. all those planes and stuff shown..

The FLAK effects are not going to be in this mod. They would be better suited for an addon or another mod. I don't want to change gameplay with this mod, this way it can be allowed on public MP servers that block cheats and gameplay changing mods.

I haven't done much work on this mod recently, partly because some other games have distracted me biggrin_o.gif

So far I've made a new weapon smoke effect that uses scripting. Unlike the default ArmA smoke effect method, this one wont get messed up in MP.

Threw together a quick .50 cal effect, but not finished. As well as effects for heavy vehicle weapons like the 20 - 30mm cannons on the BMP, Vulcan, Shilka, Cobra and so on. On some of these vehicles these weapons previously had no smoke effect at all.

These weapon smoke effects are a bit slower moving and longer lasting, as well as being effected by wind. They look much better IMO.

No idea when I'll release it, you'll have to be patient smile_o.gif

Just great, isnt it?

The rotor effects do look good there. I guess the water effect shape and size is a bit better than in ArmA. I'll see what I can do.

As for water reflections, someone with some programming skills would have to do that. I can't do that.

Cool, good to know...

HERE is another video where you can see these effects a bit longer (at 01:17)

Maddmatt-

I'm not only to ask for anything smile_o.gif Just want to express my thanks for your time and effort in making ArmA so much more realistic. Do you take donations?

Yes. With particle effects. Though it wont follow the terrain properly when the surface isn't flat, so I'm not sure it's worth it confused_o.gif

I could use some method to get it to follow terrain, but the results aren't too good and it hits FPS.

That's cool. That's too bad though. No worries, just a thought biggrin_o.gif