Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

A version without the new rain would be very nice.

Thank you, it's a really great effect mod!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Yes would also love to have it, because the new rain looks pretty ugly IMHO. But thats just my oppinion

wink_o.gif

Regards, Christian

for some reason i got XAM 1.305 and maddmatt's rain working together , but don't ask me how because you would never believe it , Arma sometimes acts in the strangest ways huh.gif

Works nice !

The new rain effect still needs some work though, with smaller, more numerous particles. The effect gets a bit ugly at times, specially with NVG at night. After all, it's up to everybody's taste.

Good job, anyway !

Malick

I think the rain drops obscure the screen too much...drops seem to be too big.

Thinning them out a bit should do the trick

GJ overall..especially the explosion effect is really good.

Matt,

After confusing myself !? crazy_o.gif .. I have to double back slightly on the rain conflict problem.

I can confirm that either before or after in mod loading the rain will disappear either way with this new version and XAM 1.35.

If a mod is conflicting and stopping the rain from working, then other effects are also not going to work. That includes tank muzzleflash, AT backblast, aircraft leaving a trail of smoke and flames when destroyed in the air and other stuff.

Quote[/b] ]Also the smoke fire zoom delay & muzzle flash missing is still happening (and thats no conflicts and deffo vanilla and your mod, even over xam or without xam thats still happening).

I just tested that. It's just because the particles are not rendered when the camera is too close to them, so you only see them when they have moved away a bit. Nothing I can do about that. Maybe it'll be better when I make a new scripted weapon smoke and remove that terrible OFP-style config smoke.

We don't see any droplet on the ground anymore confused_o.gif

Maybe it's just harder to see? Or maybe I removed it by mistake.

The new rain effect still needs some work though, with smaller, more numerous particles. The effect gets a bit ugly at times, specially with NVG at night. After all, it's up to everybody's taste.

Well I did improve that with the 0.51 update. Making the particles smaller and having more of them will hit FPS. An earlier version (that I didn't release) actually hit FPS pretty badly. I'll see if I can get a better looking rain particle.

I think the rain drops obscure the screen too much...drops seem to be too big.

Thinning them out a bit should do the trick

Well that's what I did with 0.51. To make them smaller without hitting FPS, I'll need a new rain particle. As I said, I'll try to get one.

I'll consider making the rain a seperate mod that can be used in combination with ArmA Effects for you guys that don't like it.

Edit: And as for the BRDM no muzzleflash/smoke issue. It's nothing to do with my mod, it's the same without. The muzzleflash and smoke does work on it's PKT MG though. Same with the BMP. Only one gun can have a muzzleflash and smoke per turret. An ArmA issue.

I'll consider making the rain a seperate mod that can be used in combination with ArmA Effects for you guys that don't like it.

I think the more modular you get, the better. Look at Q's PROPER mod, that's a good example of the way to do things, in my opinion.

Malick

Maddmatt, I applaud to your excellent result. notworthy.gif

Keep on rockin yay.gif

followed instructions and the keys don't work on signed server.

Your server? Is the server set to allow my signature?

To use Matt's signatures...

1) Place the "MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo.Maddmatt.bisign" next to the addon.

2) Ask the server admin to place "Maddmatt.bikey" to server's "keys" folder to allow Matt's addons with this signature.

Quote[/b] ]Inside that folder, make sure the 'addons' subfolder is there with the addons inside.

The following files should be in there:

Extended_Init_EventHandlers.pbo,

Extended_Fired_EventHandlers.pbo,

MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo.

As well as their signature files with the *.bikey extention for multiplayer.

There should be 6 files there in total in the addons folder

The Server key is for servers that use signature verification and want to allow this mod. Users don't need it.

except they was 7 files not 6, and I placed the server key file in the server's key folder, started client up joined the server and got mismatch with the key files.

To use Matt's signatures...

1) Place the "MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo.Maddmatt.bisign" next to the addon.

2) Ask the server admin to place "Maddmatt.bikey" to server's "keys" folder to allow Matt's addons with this signature.

Have you got it working on your server?

I don't have a server to test it on and haven't been able to get DSCheckSignatures.exe to work (hate command line programs, wish they would make a damn UI icon_rolleyes.gif ).

@ANG3L: Make sure you're using V0.51, not V0.5. Download it from the MiHD mirror to make sure that it hasn't been modified. Which files get the mismatch?

Their is a chance I've screwed up a signature. But I was careful with them. With no way to test I can't be sure sad_o.gif

Hey I was just testing it out and noticed I'm not getting that back-blast flash that I did in the previous version. Is it just an issue at my end or was it taken out? I'm hoping--and this is going to sound weird--that its just something at my end, because I enjoyed that little touch. smile_o.gif

BTW, I love the new rain. I was able to see the droplets, but they are waaaay better now IMHO. And also enjoyed a lot the smoke from the muzzle. Overall, superb work mate. thumbs-up.gif

Hey I was just testing it out and noticed I'm not getting that back-blast flash that I did in the previous version. Is it just an issue at my end or was it taken out? I'm hoping--and this is going to sound weird--that its just something at my end, because I enjoyed that little touch. smile_o.gif

I didn't remove it. It should still be there. You sure the extended fired EH addon is installed? All the included addon files must be in the addon folder.

Can anyone confirm whether my signatures work or not?

Hi, i don't know if your signature works or not, i use you mod with

the QG and the addons that i use plus two addon islands; i must

say that the rain effect is just as good as the flames are; just

great. Im very happy with this mod. But... in the readme it say that

"just copy the six files in the addons folder" and inside that addons

folder, there are 7 files. But everything works. Let's C ya

Matt, your signature works fine and is allowed on our server..

I'm using it now.. xmas_o.gif

Hi, i don't know if your signature works or not, i use you mod with

the QG and the addons that i use plus two addon islands; i must

say that the rain effect is just as good as the flames are; just

great. Im very happy with this mod. But... in the readme it say that

"just copy the six files in the addons folder" and inside that addons

folder, there are 7 files. But everything works. Let's C ya

My mistake. Yes there are 7 files. 1 is the bikey file, which is for servers to allow my signature. You don't need it in your addons folder. You only need the pbo and bisign files.

It doesn't do any harm though, it's just a 1KB file.

Matt, your signature works fine and is allowed on our server..

I'm using it now.. xmas_o.gif

Thanks, that's good to know smile_o.gif

Any more info on the pm i sent you matt still not working for us?

Any more info on the pm i sent you matt still not working for us?

I don't know, I've got no experience setting up servers so I can't help much sad_o.gif

Maybe crawler75 can help you, he's got it working.

Did you re-download it from MiHD.net? That's the first place I uploaded it so it shouldn't be corrupt, it's also where all the mirrors would have downloaded the version that they are hosting. Make sure you don't have an old version in a modfolder somewhere and both server and client have the same version (sigs and addons).

Edit; Matt nv mind i got it sorted tis working a treat now, I forgot to do something thats all whistle.gif we now have our first modder's signed addon on the sever and I hope many more will follow. smile_o.gif

Oh and no the server does not need the addons either not for sig checking.

I didn't remove it. It should still be there. You sure the extended fired EH addon is installed? All the included addon files must be in the addon folder.

Roger that. I did the usual, turn off all the addons except that and start working my way down with other addons and sure enough found out that for some reason the RealM136 mod is messing it up to the point I get all your other effects except the backblast on the M136. I did in your previous version but suddenly now its decided it doesn't want to play nice with that addon, lol. tounge2.gif

Yep I followed your readme to the T. thumbs-up.gif