Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

wow what sound mods are you guys using im currently using mod war sounds but i dont remember them sounding like that btw love the effects gives the visual umph to the m1

Edit: disregard above question its still mod war just mine is outdated

nice work on the smoke/dust for the grenade. Shouldn't there be a small, instantaneous flash for the grenade also?  like a foot or so diameter? just curious.

Yeah, there should be a very quick flash that almost matches the size of the first splume of smoke. And maybe a bigger one for the AT impacts.

btw, very scary video.

Wow, nice video... now im going to have to try this mod out,

thanks for the vid!

Going to try the mod now! weeee yay.gif

Thanks for the comments and videos. As promised, I linked to the videos in the first post smile_o.gif

Request: Can you do something with the M136 AT-4/RPG-7 Impact, aswell?

I hope to do something for all effects eventually wink_o.gif

Yeah, there should be a very quick flash that almost matches the size of the first splume of smoke. And maybe a bigger one for the AT impacts.

There is already a flash, I will tweak it a bit.

This mod is a very early version, much will change. I'm glad you guys like it so far.

I loved it when at the end of Mr Burns video it came up with the 'You are dead' message box. Your not kidding, after that barrage i'm not bloody supprised.

Sup matt im using your mod with Chammys sound mod and its a great combination, I dont think you need to change anything with the grenade anim looks great as is. Im posting a link to a vid on liveleak shows grenade training and I dont see any flash on explosion.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc3_1184425723

take a look at the end during live fire.  Hope this helps. BTW Thank You for your work on this mod as it has enhanced ArmA for me! Cant wait for Future releases!  thumbs-up.gif

MaddMatt, nice mod! Amazing effects. I couldn't imagine playing ArmA without it now.

Because I've been gone for a week or so now and was checking both your mod, and Chammy's, and was so impressed by both, I managed to put some time in yesterday to making a video showing some of the effects.

Quote[/b] ]This mod is a very early version, much will change. I'm glad you guys like it so far.

Yeah, it's really awesome man.

I thought this mod was pretty darned cool. The effects from grenades awesome. Tanks firing the main cannon was spectacular.

I did a video employing more "cinematic'ish" video and some uncut video of a firefight. MaddMatt's ArmA Effects were also used, and wow, what a difference they make!

<span style='color:blue'>Units on the map during firefight(in different areas near Ortego):</span>

65 US Soldiers. 4 M1A1 Tanks. AH-1Z. A-10. 3 Harriers.

100 SLA Soldiers. 4 T-72's. 4 Shilkas.

It's a hefty length to due to three minutes of uncut video in the middle, to show off Chammy's SoundMOd. 9 minutes, 35 seconds.

chammymaddmattpostaj5.gif

<span style='color:red'>Thumbnails for Video</span>

<span style='color:red'>Watch it on YouTube</span>

Thanks for the mod!!!

pistols.gif

ArmAVidz

Sup matt im using your mod with Chammys sound mod and its a great combination, I dont think you need to change anything with the grenade anim looks great as is. Im posting a link to a vid on liveleak shows grenade training and I dont see any flash on explosion.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc3_1184425723

take a look at the end during live fire. Hope this helps. BTW Thank You for your work on this mod as it has enhanced ArmA for me! Cant wait for Future releases! thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the video. I have seen quite a few grenade videos now, and the effect does look different depending on circumstances. I an pretty happy with the current look, but I do want to make the smoke movement more random. Right now though I want to focus on other effects. There is still a lot to do, such as missile explosions.

@ArmaVidz: Great video, I edited my first post to include it smile_o.gif

I haven't touched missile explosion or smoke effects, or burning effects yet.

Damnit Maddmatt...please touch them! xmas_o.gif

Great mod...keep it up!.

hi there i want to use this with chammys sound mod, i allready have a shortcut for sound mod, so the line should be like this right?:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM -mod=@ArmAEffects

i hope i got this right this way

I do mine like this, see below

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM;@ArmAEffects;@TrueView

I need a new d/ld link the one provided in the first post is simply taking me to the download link but nothing is happening ... huh.gif

I need a new d/ld link the one provided in the first post is simply taking me to the download link but nothing is happening ... huh.gif

Keep an eye on the textbox to the right after you clicke 'request' biggrin_o.gif

ArmaVidz thats the sickest video of ArmA I've seen to date! thumbs-up.gif

I'll put it on top of the news at my site for a while hopefully more people will buy ArmA when they see it's real potential.

@Maddmatt: The grens are so awesome, they don't look like they were made in 1990's (w/ the mini nuke texturemap) anymore. wink_o.gif

ArmaVidz thats the sickest video of ArmA I've seen to date! thumbs-up.gif

I'll put it on top of the news at my site for a while hopefully more people will buy ArmA when they see it's real potential.

@Maddmatt: The grens are so awesome, they don't look like they were made in 1990's (w/ the mini nuke texturemap) anymore.  wink_o.gif

Thanks man! smile_o.gif

Damnit Maddmatt...please touch them!  xmas_o.gif

Great mod...keep it up!.

Yes!! Please do ^^.

Damnit Maddmatt...please touch them!  xmas_o.gif

Great mod...keep it up!.

Yes!! Please do ^^.

I think the same MaddMatt  biggrin_o.gif  The difference your mod makes at this stage is <span style='color:red'>huge</span> and awesome.

I've started working on some other effects, including  missile impacts. Got no internet access on my PC right now, guess they cut me off for going over my usage limit (posting this from my cellphone)! I'll post an update on 1 August, that should give me enough time to make some major changes, and I'll have proper internet access again.

I've started working on some other effects, including missile impacts. Got no internet access on my PC right now, guess they cut me off for going over my usage limit (posting this from my cellphone)! I'll post an update on 1 August, that should give me enough time to make some major changes, and I'll have proper internet access again.

thanks matt!

LOL @ posting from cellphone rofl.gif

Are there any intentions to work on the helicopters? I find it rather ... Odd that just turn into a charred piece of wreckage and fall out of the sky.

Hi Matt,

I was curious, have you ever contemplated whether it was possible to augment the visual effects from firing weapons likethe AT-4?

Like in these videos, notice the displacement of the debris/sand around the soldier when firing:

Firing AT-4

AT-4 Firing Range #2

smile_o.gif

Any update yet? Like the big square flash of the MK19 ? I'm eager and waiting..... notworthy.gif