Sign in to follow this  
gmJamez

SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

Hi.

Where can i found the new "range card" for M24/M82 that works with ACE 1.04?

Thanks wink_o.gif

Sight Adjustment Addon doesnt work with ACE, like I said above this Post...

Hi.

Where can i found the new "range card" for M24/M82 that works with ACE 1.04?

Thanks wink_o.gif

Sight Adjustment Addon doesnt work with ACE, like I said above this Post...

Well the Sight Adjustment included in ACE are working. I just was wondering if maybe someone has made a range card for it smile_o.gif

But for what?

A rangecard tels you 500m= X.X Moa/mil

In the crappy ACE SightAdjustment tool you just have to enter the range. You can make adjustments by moa, but its totally inaccurate.

I think somebody should contact the ACE guys and ask them to change the SightAdjustment thing... at least for sniper rifles.

Does this work for Arm2 if so anyone got a Dl that works. :):)

PLEASE HELP! I can't get this mod to work. I have installed the sniper range mission and have created a folder called "@GMJ_SightAdjustment" in my arma directory and the addons folder within that contains the range cards and the PBO. I have added -mod=@GMJ_SightAdjustment as an extension to my target line so it reads "C:\Program Files\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@GMJ_SightAdjustment . yet its not there in-game. I really want this to work. Please help! Thanks my email is simontucker84@hotmail.com btw

PLEASE HELP! I can't get this mod to work. I have installed the sniper range mission and have created a folder called "@GMJ_SightAdjustment" in my arma directory and the addons folder within that contains the range cards and the PBO. I have added -mod=@GMJ_SightAdjustment as an extension to my target line so it reads "C:\Program Files\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@GMJ_SightAdjustment . yet its not there in-game. I really want this to work. Please help! Thanks my email is simontucker84@hotmail.com btw

Make sure you also have the Extended Event Handler addon installed AND SightAdjustment AutoInit for I had the same problem too and this was the missing piece.

If it still doesn't work for you, try adding Extended Init Event Handler

In SightAdjustment (windage+elevation) with Xeh 1.93 dont' appears the moa adjust, how to fix them?

Make sure you also have the Extended Event Handler addon installed AND SightAdjustment AutoInit for I had the same problem too and this was the missing piece.

If it still doesn't work for you, try adding Extended Init Event Handler

I am having trouble getting it to run also. I believe I have all the components, but I think I may have them in the wrong places.

My exe. target line is:

""D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Extended_Eventhandlers;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@TCP_Anim;@TrueMods"

I have 'SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo' both in the Extended_Eventhandlers 'Addons' folder and in the ''SightAdjustment_AutoInit' folder that it came in (also in Addons) along with 'config.cpp'.

I have NWDs range cards in the @GMJ_SightAdjustment/Addons folder as suggested, but still it doesnt seem to work in game.

This all seems ridiculously complex.

I can manage alright aiming off, but above about 650m you run out of Mildots if you can't adjust the scope!

Can someone please point a poor noob in the right direction with some clear and complete instructions?

I am having trouble getting it to run also. I believe I have all the components, but I think I may have them in the wrong places.

My exe. target line is:

""D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Extended_Eventhandlers;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@TCP_Anim;@TrueMods"

I have 'SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo' both in the Extended_Eventhandlers 'Addons' folder and in the ''SightAdjustment_AutoInit' folder that it came in (also in Addons) along with 'config.cpp'.

I have NWDs range cards in the @GMJ_SightAdjustment/Addons folder as suggested, but still it doesnt seem to work in game.

This all seems ridiculously complex.

I can manage alright aiming off, but above about 650m you run out of Mildots if you can't adjust the scope!

Can someone please point a poor noob in the right direction with some clear and complete instructions?

Fixed. Well got it running anyway...

I ended up clearing out all the mod folders, and redownloading GMJ's, NWD's files and the Extended eventhandlers.

I noticed that the default name of the folder was "@Extended_Eventhandlers193". I had cut off the 193 previously, both in the folder name and the Target command line, thinking that folder nomenclature wasnt an issue. It seems to be, because it runs now, and that seems to be the only thing I have changed!

On the other hand, there are a couple of other issues, both of which have been noted by others in this thread;

1. Using NWD's ballistics seems to disallow the use of MILs on the scope. Changing the line to "MIL" in config.cpp has no effect. Always MOA. I would prefer to use Mils, but I also don't want to do without the better ballistic model.

2. Upon save, quit, resume/load the sight adjustment doesnt work. You must restart the mission to reinitialize the mod. Snipers better be careful!

I havent seen any solutions for these issues.

Any suggestions?

1. Using NWD's ballistics seems to disallow the use of MILs on the scope. Changing the line to "MIL" in config.cpp has no effect. Always MOA. I would prefer to use Mils' date=' but I also don't want to do without the better ballistic model.[/i']

Update on this issue:

Along with the NWD's Ballistics is the "NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin.pbo" file. Unpacking that, we have a config.cpp that gives instructions related to GLJ's sight adjustments. It seems that will the Russian weapons are listed in MILs all the American weapons have MOA descriptions, e.g.

class M24 : Rifle

{

GMJ_SA_enabled = 1;

GMJ_SA_mode = "MOA";

GMJ_SA_adjrange[] = { 1.501, 2.501 }; // ~45 MOA elevation / 75 MOA windage once installed

GMJ_SA_adj[] = { 0.0166667, 0.00833333 }; // 1 MOA elevation, 1/2 MOA windage

I suspect this is the problem. Can anyone who is running the sight adjustment with NWD's ballistics confirm if they can get MILs?

I can get MILs when I am not running the NWD, but never with.

I also have this problem with saving/loading. When I save game, and load it without exiting, everything is ok. But if I save, quit mission, and load again, I can't adjust sights anymore, although the range card is still in the map.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? Please? :confused:

I've been trying to use this alomg with NWD ballistics. After a lot of time i got it to work (sort of). Becuse i can't figure iut which of hundreds of addons i have that it's conflicting with i uninstalled. Thing is i still get the rnage card in my breifings page?? How do i get rid of that? Could be the NWD ballistics fault but i have unistalled that also:( P.s first post back on here after break of about 3 years. I still can't afford super comp that AA2 needs

Hey Action Man,

Thought about this, and I think what has happened is that you forgot to delete the GMJ_SA.hpp file which may be in your \Arma 2\Dta folder.

Also make sure you do not have a copy of GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo anywhere in your mod folders, or in your \Arma 2\Addons folder.

BE VERY CAREFUL while working in the \Arma 2\Addons folder.