Sign in to follow this  
gmJamez

SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

I ´m trying to edit .pbo file (using notepad) to make it use WASD-keys to adjust reticle (arrow keys I use for movement). When I try to launch the game with ARMA Launcher it gives me error: data file too short....... This only happens if I use edited .pbo, original works fine. So what am I doing wrong?

I ´m trying to edit .pbo file (using notepad) to make it use WASD-keys to adjust reticle (arrow keys I use for movement). When I try to launch the game with ARMA Launcher it gives me error: data file too short....... This only happens if I use edited .pbo, original works fine. So what am I doing wrong?

you need use some unPBO (unpack) tool then pack it again ...

Hello again,

although the possible conflict between NWD's sight adjustment .pbo and GMJ's addon had been mentioned in another problem area, I checked my addon folders and removed NWD'S sight adjustment.pbo to see if that caused my bug with GMJ's addon not surviving a save-quit game-start game-reload-circle.

Unfortunately, the problem still occurs. As long as I don't entirely quit the game, I can press 'load' and keep GMJ's addon working.

But as soon as I ever quit the game and get back to playing the other day, I don't get the windage and elevation.

If in this situation I drop my weapon and then pick it up again, it shows me the MIL or MOA line in the top left corner, but still I cannot alter the values by pressing the associated keys.

I tried to play without ECS. I even tried without any of the other addons from the immersion thread and played with the following load order:

-mod=DBE1;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@Q11;@NWD;@Mapfact;@editors;@xtended_events.

I used the rangecards from NWD from within the @GMJ folder.

@GMJ_SightAdjustment had GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and the SightAdjustment_Autoinit.pbo from XEH 1.7 inside.

@Q11 had q11_wind.pbo, q11_realrof.pbo and q11_recoils.pbo inside.

@NWD had everything except the aforementioned NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin.pbo inside.

@Mapfact had civilians.pbo and MAP_Misc.pbo inside

@editors had EditorUpdate_v102.pbo and G85_Editor.pbo inside.

@xtended_events had Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo inside.

The problem was exactly the same: Whenever I did entirely quit the game and the came back via continue, GMJ's addon had ceased to work. Loading the regular savegame via 'load' did not help either.

I hope this bug report helped a little bit with tracking the problem's source.

best regards,

tourist

you need use some unPBO (unpack) tool then pack it again ...

Thanks I got it working.

It would appear that it is now incompatible with the newer version of extended event handlers.  For whatever reason, it's just not working.  I'm gonna try re-downloading it, as I may have messed some things up.

There's no error message, or anything, it just doesn't work.

I just tried GMJ_SightAdjustment with XEH 1.90 and it seems to work OK for me?

/KC

Hello Snipers,

I would like to summarize the situation to explain it to a collegue and if i've understood correctly, the 0.4 beta version isn't actually the most "error free" version.

ColonelSandersLite is about to release a corrected version.

The RangeCards he (ColonelSandersLite) have uploaded on ArmAholic are to be used with NonWonderDog's Ballictic and ScopeFix (whom have included his own RangeCards in his marvelous mods.

MJK-Ranger01 have realeased a MIL version which is to be used with weapons equiped with a MIL dots scope.

RavenDK's RangeCards are to be used with "stock" ArmA.

Am I all right?

Cheers

Thanks Raven for your answer.

Could anyine tell me if the change recommanded by NWD the 19 july 2007 is still relevant with the last "official" version?

Quote[/b] ]

then, in sightadjustmentonfired, replace this:

code sample

#ifdef gmj_sa_usemil

_w = (gmj_sa_curwindage atan2 1000) / 45;

_e = (gmj_sa_curelevation atan2 1000) / 45;

#endif

#ifdef gmj_sa_usemoa

_w = (gmj_sa_curwindage * pi) / 180;

_e = (gmj_sa_curelevation * pi) / 180;

#endif

with this:

code sample

#ifdef gmj_sa_usemil

_w = gmj_sa_curwindage;

_e = gmj_sa_curelevation;

#endif

#ifdef gmj_sa_usemoa

_w = (gmj_sa_curwindage * pi) / 180;

_e = (gmj_sa_curelevation * pi) / 180;

#endif

because in the sightadjustmentonfired, the lines that are to be replaced aren't there at all.

Same question with the change recommended by ColonelSandersLite the April 12 2008:

Quote[/b] ]change SightAdjustmentGetText.sqf, line 23 to look like this:

Code Sample

_val = [_v0 * 60, 3] call GMJ_roundn;

_text = format ["%1%2 MOA", if(_val >= 0) then { "+" } else { "" }, _val];

Because in the last official version, there is a command ( default {

throw format ["invalid sight adjustment mode '%1'", _mode];

};) which is not in his example.

Apart the two mentioned, the changes suggested by Non Wonder Dog and Colonel Sanders Lite are included in a version I'm working on.

Still hoping ColonelSandersLite find some time to release his fixed version...

/KC

he will very soon:

Quote[/b] ]

13/11/2008 20:33

Hi there JanM, ColonelSandersLite here.

The reason for the lack of update on that front is that I've basically left gaming behind. I still intend to release that update, I just need to write the readme for it and upload it to my web space. Now that you've reminded me, I'll get it done in the next few days. I'll let you know when it's done.

Don't loose your faith wink_o.gif

Cool and kudos to ColonelSandersLite for going that last stretch even if he doesn't play anymore!

/KC

Good news for all those miss the sight adjustment possibility in the sniper rifles (I'm included). Thank you ColonelSandersLite for your efforts. thumbs-up.gif

I have an strange problem with this mod.

Yesterday i adjusted the elevation of my M95 to 2000 meters, everything was fine. Today it is still set to that value, but i can`t change it anymore. I used the M107 rangecard, created one for the M95 today after the problem hit me, but that not helped a bit. sad_o.gif

I have an issue, and if it has been raised before then I apologize.

The default values in GMJ_SA_adjrange and GMJ_SA_adj are optimized for MOA. I downloaded this mod when it was v0.1 and loved it. Then I deleted it, frantically clearing out my ArmA folder.

Re-downloaded, found it was defaulted to MoA. Researched, found out how to switch it to MIL. Switched it to MIL, and when I adjust the windage or elevation, it uses a value of 0.73 mils. In v0.1 of SightAdjustment, it was 0.1 mil per click of the adjustment.

I am wondering if someone knows or has the old default values so I can actually use MIL-Dot mode. I never understood the concept of MoA or how it works, I like a visual reference to how far I'm adjusting my sight. (e.g. the mil-dots.)

Please can someone help me out? I tried tinkering with it, but when I tried I made it so it only adjusted to plus or minus 1.745 mils biggrin_o.gif

try this:

GMJ_SA_adj[] = { 0.00570776712328767, 0.00416667 };

its almost perfect smile_o.gif

EDIT:

the perfect value for +- 0.1 mil click is :

GMJ_SA_adj[] = { 0.00572957795130824, 0.00572957795130824 };

and this will give you the ability to get +-30 mils in total:

GMJ_SA_adjrange[] = { 3.44, 3.44 };

i hope this helps.

I was only able to get into MIL mode when I disabled my NWD mod folder. Is there something I can change about the NWD mod to keep it from defaulting me to MOA?

Sorry about bumping, but please could you re-upload.

Hey Guys!

I love the SightAdjustment mod and I also love the ACE mod... well who doesnt?

Is there any way to make it work with ACE 1.04? I have the rangecard in my mapview, but I cant dial the scope wow_o.gif/

Help pls?

Hey Guys!

Is there any way to make it work with ACE 1.04? I have the rangecard in my mapview, but I cant dial the scope wow_o.gif/

Help pls?

Quote[/b] ]Is there any way to make it work with ACE 1.04? I have the rangecard in my mapview, but I cant dial the scope wow_o.gif/

ACE already has a sight adjusty thingy. You have to press Shift+F. It brings up a pop-up where you set the distance and fire away. I personally dislike it and prefer gmJamez's SightAdjustment thing.

Hey Guys!

Help pls?

Quote[/b] ]Is there any way to make it work with ACE 1.04? I have the rangecard in my mapview, but I cant dial the scope wow_o.gif/

ACE already has a sight adjusty thingy. You have to press Shift+F. It brings up a pop-up where you set the distance and fire away. I personally dislike it and prefer gmJamez's SightAdjustment thing.

I know, I know. I dislike it too, thats why I asked. But thanks for the info. And yes it is Shift+V.

It has nothing to do with sight adjustment in my opinion. you just dial in the range and bang, you´ve got the rifle ready. With GMJ´s SA Addon I really have the feeling of adjusting my weapon.

I spent hours on the "Sniper shooting range" (Search it if you dont know it, must have!wink_o.gif calibrating "my" M24. I was able to hit anything with it in no time... *sigh* the memories...

Hi.

Where can i found the new "range card" for M24/M82 that works with ACE 1.04?

Thanks wink_o.gif