Sign in to follow this  
gmJamez

SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

Just tested the windage mode and it looks the businesss. Many thanks to GMJamez.

I know im probably gonna get slated by the moderator for talking about OPF in the Arma section, but here goes....

Is there any chance that this mod could/would be ported to OPF. ? Would it /could it work independent of the mod applied like in Arma, or are there complications.?

Thanks,

thats a no go, as the mod have used many new features/command that only arma have

I searched this thread manually (grr, why can't there be a search-this-thread function?) and found no reference to the M203.

Questions:

1. This this SightAdjustment mod able to change the sight picture with 3D iron sights?

2. Is it possible to adjust the iron sights on the M203?

A "Search this thread" function would have saved thousands of unintentionally pointless posts and countless hours of frustration banghead.gif !

1) This mod doesn't change the sights of any weapons, it adjusts the point at which he rounds impact. Dunno how exactly. If you're after different sights/recticles have a look at NonWonderDog's excellent realistic ballistics, which includes new versions for most of the default weapons sights/recticles.

2) As far as I can tell, this mod doesn't work for the m203 and I don't think the m203 has adjustments for windage and elevation IRL, just line up the correct spot on the ladder-looking sight, to adjust for range. Something I was disapointed wasn't present in Arma.

All this is from memory as this mod has started to throw the "sound gmj_sightadjustmentclick not found" error at me again help.gif. I have the addon in the modfolder @GMJ_SightAdjustment, I have "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment in the shortcut line. I put the "sightadjustmentauto init" pbo (from the extended eventhandler addon) in the main addons folder. Everything seems to be where it should be, yet it doesn't work sad_o.gif

If anyone would like some code to display windage info I made a script, call it from a radio trigger (set to repeatedly) for simplest use. Or I might try & learn how to make an add action addon which always gives you the action.

You will get text in the top left of the screen displaying wind direction (both degrees and compass desc.) and wind strength.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//DM's script to ascertain wind strength & direction, for use with wind & elevation mods

_DirectionText = "";

_WindDirectionDegrees = 0;

_wind = wind;

_WindDirectionDegrees = ((_wind select 0) atan2 (_wind select 1));

_WindDirectionDegrees = (_WindDirectionDegrees *100);

_WindDirectionDegrees = (round _WindDirectionDegrees);

_WindDirectionDegrees = (_WindDirectionDegrees /100);

if (_WindDirectionDegrees < 0) then

{

_WindDirectionDegrees = (_WindDirectionDegrees * -1);

_WindDirectionDegrees2 = _WindDirectionDegrees;

_WindDirectionDegrees = (180 + (180 - _WindDirectionDegrees2));

};

_WindStrength = (SQRT((_wind select 0)^2 + (_wind select 1)^2));

_WindStrength = (_WindStrength *100);

_WindStrength = (round _WindStrength);

_WindStrength = (_WindStrength /100);

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 348.75) or (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 11.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "north";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 11.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 33.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "north-north-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees >33.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 56.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "north-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 56.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 78.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "east-north-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 78.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 101.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 101.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 123.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "east-south-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 123.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 146.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "south-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 146.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 168.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "south-south-east";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 168.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 191.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "south";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 191.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 213.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "south-south-west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 213.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 236.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "south-west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 236.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 258.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "west-south-west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 258.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 281.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 281.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 303.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "west-north-west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 303.75) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 326.25)) then

{_DirectionText = "north-west";};

if ((_WindDirectionDegrees > 326.25) and (_WindDirectionDegrees <= 348.75)) then

{_DirectionText = "north-north-west";};

hint format ["Wind strength = %1 m/s. Wind direction = %2 degrees (%3).", _WindStrength, _WindDirectionDegrees,

_DirectionText];

*edit*

For lazy b******** here is the file itself wink_o.gif

*edit 2*

Changed script slightly to display more correct compass descriptions (e.g. "south-west-west" to "west-south-west").

Can you just have the script display exactly what bearing it is instead of doing an infinite amount of if, else's and displaying a somewhat amibguous direction?

A "Search this thread" function would have saved thousands of unintentionally pointless posts and countless hours of frustration banghead.gif !

1) This mod doesn't change the sights of any weapons, it adjusts the point at which he rounds impact. Dunno how exactly. If you're after different sights/recticles have a look at NonWonderDog's excellent realistic ballistics, which includes new versions for most of the default weapons sights/recticles.

2) As far as I can tell, this mod doesn't work for the m203 and I don't think the m203 has adjustments for windage and elevation IRL, just line up the correct spot on the ladder-looking sight, to adjust for range. Something I was disapointed wasn't present in Arma.

All this is from memory as this mod has started to throw the "sound gmj_sightadjustmentclick not found" error at me again help.gif. I have the addon in the modfolder @GMJ_SightAdjustment, I have "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment in the shortcut line. I put the "sightadjustmentauto init" pbo (from the extended eventhandler addon) in the main addons folder. Everything seems to be where it should be, yet it doesn't work sad_o.gif

Information like this needs to be incorporated into the description of the mod, e.g the first post.

It's really frustrating to have to read through 16+ pages to learn all the little extra information that should've been on the mod intro page.

Could this work for MGun class weapons as well as Rifle class? How about vehicle weapons?

Can you just have the script display exactly what bearing it is instead of doing an infinite amount of if, else's and displaying a somewhat amibguous direction?

LOL, well I could, easily, but a sniper on a hill would only get a vague notion of wind direction.

If you really want it though, replace all the if..then block of code with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_DirectionText = _WindDirectionDegrees;

..that should do it smile_o.gif

@Frederf, Chops:

Click on "print the thread" in the lower left.

You'll get the complete thread on one site.

Then you can do a proper search. wink_o.gif

I had the same problem, but when I removed the coc_cex.pbo the error disappered. Doesnt look like you have it though from the look at your modfolders names..

LOL, well I could, easily, but a sniper on a hill would only get a vague notion of wind direction.

If you really want it though, replace all the if..then block of code with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_DirectionText = _WindDirectionDegrees;

..that should do it smile_o.gif

Excellent. You are the man!

Well that didn't work either.

I have put the addons into the root arma folder, put the names of them into the target line, and they do run with the game.

However, still can't get the controls to change and have the sight adjustment addon on work. The same error as I have posted above still comes up.

Now I have looked at page 12, and from what I can see there, to what I can see in my own pbo file makes no sense. Thats probably because the quoted code on page 12 is out of date.

Now I tried looking in 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h', but which bit?? There are loads!

I think this is the bit I need. This is taken from my own pbo

Quote[/b] ]

#include <SightAdjustmentConfig.h>

//private ["_v0", "_key", "_v2", "_v3", "_handled", "_e", "_w"];

private ["_key", "_handled", "_e", "_w"];

//_v0 = _this select 0;

_key = _this select 1;

//_v2 = _this select 2;

//_v3 = _this select 3;

//player sideChat (format ["%1, %2, %3, %4", _v0, _key, _v2, _v3]);

_handled = false;

if(GMJ_SA_ENABLED && GMJ_SA_ISOPTICSMODEACTIVE) then {

_handled = true;

_e = GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION;

_w = GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE;

switch(_key) do {

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc: {

_e = if(abs (_e + GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEELEVATION / 2)) then { _e + GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION } else { _e };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec: {

_e = if(abs (_e - GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEELEVATION / 2)) then { _e - GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION } else { _e };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc: {

_w = if(abs (_w + GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEWINDAGE / 2)) then { _w + GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE } else { _w };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec: {

_w = if(abs (_w - GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEWINDAGE / 2)) then { _w - GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE } else { _w };

};

default {

_handled = false;

};

};

if(GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION != _e || GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE != _w) then {

GMJ_SA_SET_CURELEVATION(_e);

GMJ_SA_SET_CURWINDAGE(_w);

playSound "GMJ_SightAdjustmentClick";

hint format ["%1/%2", [GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION, GMJ_SA_CURMODE] call GMJ_SA_FGETTEXT, [GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE, GMJ_SA_CURMODE] call GMJ_SA_FGETTEXT];

};

};

_handled

As you can see, a bit different to the example on page 12.

I know the keycodes as well, they are the same as this:

Quote[/b] ]

// wasd keys

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc     17    // increase elevation adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec     31    // decrease elevation adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc     32    // increase windage adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec     30    // decrease windage adjustment

Now i'm not good at coding at all, as you can probably tell, so how do I make the above numerical values, fit into the code at the top of this post?

Also, why can't I just change the definitions above and have the WASD key's work straight away? Is it because the arrow keys in the 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h' are linked to this example?:

Quote[/b] ]

// cursor keys

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc     200   // increase elevation adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec     208   // decrease elevation adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc     205   // increase windage adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec     203   // decrease windage adjustment

So for the WASD controls to work, I need to change the values in the code at the top, and then swap the forward slashes over between the arrow and WASD keys above?

Sorry to harp on, come across stupid or whatever, but coding is something I didn't take easily to.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]

If so, get the latest version and change the key-configuration within "SightAdjustmentConfig.h". If the provided keycodes don't work, just uncomment the line...

... within "SightAdjustmentOnKeyDown.sqf", build the pbo, run the game and you'll see a message for every key pressed, including the number assigned to it (second parameter).

I tried exactly that as well. I removed the forward slashes, saved the file, launched the game, and got the same damn error again.

I made a completely fresh install of the mod, so that they installed into the root file of ArmA as mentioned.

However, I see two file that concern me a bit. They are:

'SightAdjustment_AutoInit'

and

'Extended_Init_EventHandlers'

What does these do exactly?

Hi did you already find a solution for this problem, because I have exactly the same problem. I cannot change the key's because when I open the file with for example WinPBO there is no keyconfig in the 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h'. This file is empty!!

When I open the main pbo file with notepad I see the key config but when I change them, I receive the same error code as you do.

I've found a bug with this mod, after many hours of playing. When I play with a revive script, not a respawn, my site adjustment doesn't work. I can't get it to work again, either. Dropping my rifle, grabbing an AK, etc, doesn't work. It seems to happen with any revive script, so I'm not sure it's the scripts, I believe it's this mod.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Fixes, even more so!

I'm a newb, and after reading a couple pages, I am still clueless. How do I add "clicks" to the rifle so it increases my range?

~~EDIT~~

Nevermind... Arrow Keys... tounge2.gif

Well that didn't work either.

I have put the addons into the root arma folder, put the names of them into the target line, and they do run with the game.

However, still can't get the controls to change and have the sight adjustment addon on work. The same error as I have posted above still comes up.

Now I have looked at page 12, and from what I can see there, to what I can see in my own pbo file makes no sense. Thats probably because the quoted code on page 12 is out of date.

Now I tried looking in 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h', but which bit?? There are loads!

I think this is the bit I need. This is taken from my own pbo

Quote[/b] ]

#include <SightAdjustmentConfig.h>

//private ["_v0", "_key", "_v2", "_v3", "_handled", "_e", "_w"];

private ["_key", "_handled", "_e", "_w"];

//_v0 = _this select 0;

_key = _this select 1;

//_v2 = _this select 2;

//_v3 = _this select 3;

_handled = false;

if(GMJ_SA_ENABLED && GMJ_SA_ISOPTICSMODEACTIVE) then {

_handled = true;

_e = GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION;

_w = GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE;

switch(_key) do {

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc: {

_e = if(abs (_e + GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEELEVATION / 2)) then { _e + GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION } else { _e };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec: {

_e = if(abs (_e - GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEELEVATION / 2)) then { _e - GMJ_SA_CURADJELEVATION } else { _e };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc: {

_w = if(abs (_w + GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEWINDAGE / 2)) then { _w + GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE } else { _w };

};

case GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec: {

_w = if(abs (_w - GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE) <= (GMJ_SA_CURRANGEWINDAGE / 2)) then { _w - GMJ_SA_CURADJWINDAGE } else { _w };

};

default {

_handled = false;

};

};

if(GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION != _e || GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE != _w) then {

GMJ_SA_SET_CURELEVATION(_e);

GMJ_SA_SET_CURWINDAGE(_w);

playSound "GMJ_SightAdjustmentClick";

hint format ["%1/%2", [GMJ_SA_CURELEVATION, GMJ_SA_CURMODE] call GMJ_SA_FGETTEXT, [GMJ_SA_CURWINDAGE, GMJ_SA_CURMODE] call GMJ_SA_FGETTEXT];

};

};

_handled

As you can see, a bit different to the example on page 12.

I know the keycodes as well, they are the same as this:

Quote[/b] ]

// wasd keys

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc     17    // increase elevation adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec     31    // decrease elevation adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc     32    // increase windage adjustment

// #define GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec     30    // decrease windage adjustment

Now i'm not good at coding at all, as you can probably tell, so how do I make the above numerical values, fit into the code at the top of this post?

Also, why can't I just change the definitions above and have the WASD key's work straight away? Is it because the arrow keys in the 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h' are linked to this example?:

Quote[/b] ]

// cursor keys

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Einc     200   // increase elevation adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Edec     208   // decrease elevation adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Winc     205   // increase windage adjustment

#define GMJ_SA_KEY_Wdec     203   // decrease windage adjustment

So for the WASD controls to work, I need to change the values in the code at the top, and then swap the forward slashes over between the arrow and WASD keys above?

Sorry to harp on, come across stupid or whatever, but coding is something I didn't take easily to.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]

If so, get the latest version and change the key-configuration within "SightAdjustmentConfig.h". If the provided keycodes don't work, just uncomment the line...

... within "SightAdjustmentOnKeyDown.sqf", build the pbo, run the game and you'll see a message for every key pressed, including the number assigned to it (second parameter).

I tried exactly that as well. I removed the forward slashes, saved the file, launched the game, and got the same damn error again.

I made a completely fresh install of the mod, so that they installed into the root file of ArmA as mentioned.

However, I see two file that concern me a bit. They are:

'SightAdjustment_AutoInit'

and

'Extended_Init_EventHandlers'

What does these do exactly?

Hi did you already find a solution for this problem, because I have exactly the same problem. I cannot change the key's because when I open the file with for example WinPBO there is no keyconfig in the 'SightAdjustmentConfig.h'. This file is empty!!

When I open the main pbo file with notepad I see the key config but when I change them, I receive the same error code as you do.

I haven't found a solution yet, no. sad_o.gif. It's not obvious to me at all what needs doing. I've tried everything I have read here.

New problem. I tried creating my own range card for the M16_Acog, but when I try to use the arrow keys to set the stuff, i walk now instead. Only with the M16 though, if i switch over to the M24, then it works again. Am I missing something that allows me to set the keys to work with the M16 too?

Afaik, with the ACOG you have to use the range marks in the reticule. It's inclination can only be adjusted for zeroing. Newer versions of this mod exclude it therefore.

Best would be to use NWD's ballistics, he also provides corrected sights for ACOG's

Thanks gmJamez this is a great addon. I've been doing some testing to see just how far you can shoot without any modification to the orginal config. 1,786 meters seems to be the max if you want to put your round on the crosshairs with the default 70 MoA max elevation adjustment. Here is a quick video of my results.

I'm curious to see if anyone can hit moving targets with any degree of consistancy past 1000 meters.

i wonder if anyone tried to mod this plugin for use with grenade launcher ?

This is a great mod.

Would it be possible to release a new/another version where you can adjust directly the distance? Maybe in 50-meter-steps?

So that the hint shows directly the distance in meters the center of the crosshair is aiming at?

Gentlemen,

Please accept my apologies for my ignorance on this subject, but could you please help me to get this thing working!

Arma shortcut :

-mod=DBE1; @GMJ_SightAdjustment ;@NWD_Ballistics; @NWD_ScopeFix

File location:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

pbo and range cards in this file.

Not getting any range cards or indicators showing in game.

Cannot get the MOA adjustments working.

Help please banghead.gif

The pbo and rangecards should be in <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addonsfolder.

Try to remove those spaces. Should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=DBE1;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix

Gentlemen,

Please accept my apologies for my ignorance on this subject, but could you please help me to get this thing working!

Arma shortcut :

File location:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

pbo and range cards in this file.

Not getting any range cards or indicators showing in game.

Cannot get the MOA adjustments working.

Help please banghead.gif

Damn Robalo! Great eyes you got there. Hopefully that fixes his problem. I've ran into trouble in the past when spaces were put in the name of addon/mod folders. I have no idea if that really was the culprits before, but shit it seemed to work everytime.

I imagine that you are using the "SightAdjustment_AutoInit" and "NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin". I can't remember what they really do or if required. But a while back I had problems with GMJ sight adj and NWD mods, Someone PM's me about these two files. All I know is, ever since I've used them, Sight adj. works with NWD, etc.

Sorry if that wasn't of any help.

Still no range cards....but got the MOA working and thanks for the info on the spacings.

Everything where it should be but as I say cannot get the range cards working.

Am I missing something? Looking at the range card image in this thread looks like it's on a other notepad..Access?

Still no range cards....but got the MOA working and thanks for the info on the spacings.

Everything where it should be but as I say cannot get the range cards working.

Am I missing something? Looking at the range card image in this thread looks like it's on a other notepad..Access?

I'll fire up the game in a few minutes with this mod turned on. I haven't used it in a while.

If I remember correctly, while in game go to the map screen. Minimize the mission description Notepad. I think the Notepads for this mod is visible when the Mission Descr. Notepad is minimized. Although, it could be very possible that I am just imagining this. But I'll fire up the game just as soon as I finish up some work. Maybe 20min give or take a few minutes.

EDIT: Yup. If you minimize the Mission Notepad in the in-game map screen the SightAdjustment Range cards Notepad becomes visible.

I hope this is what you needed. If not, let me know.