Sign in to follow this  
BigRed

Game Updates?

Will we see anymore fixes on this game or will we be forced to but the expansion pack Queen's Gamit?

Will we see anymore fixes on this game or will we be forced to but the expansion pack Queen's Gamit?

imo i think they will keep supporting the game, ie, updating and fixing what needs to be fixed, untill the expansion.

There are stuff in that steel needs to be fixed.

Can anyone from BIS answer this?

I cant see a patch until after september, and i do believe that queens gambit is using 1.08, so looks like we will have to buy the expansion for future bug fixes and patches. bad really as my armed assault is still chrashing to desktop after 30 mins of play sad_o.gif

I cant see a patch until after september, and i do believe that queens gambit is using 1.08, so looks like we will have to buy the expansion for future bug fixes and patches.  bad really as my armed assault is still chrashing to desktop after 30 mins of play  sad_o.gif

You didnt have to buy RH to install the patches that came after it. RH was just a campaign with some addons, QG is probably alot like RH, but now we get more campaigns and addons, and hopefully the campaigns are better then RH. tounge2.gif

If I'm not mistaken, Queen's Gambit is an Atari product, not BI's. So I'm sure BI will continue to support and update vanilla Armed Assault, and any fixes that should be made for the expansion are Atari's problem.

Guest Ti0n3r
If I'm not mistaken, Queen's Gambit is an Atari product, not BI's. So I'm sure BI will continue to support and update vanilla Armed Assault, and any fixes that should be made for the expansion are Atari's problem.
Quote[/b] ]Title: ArmA: Queen´s Gambit

Format: PC CDROM

Publisher: IDEA Games/505 Games

Developer: Bohemia Interactive/ Black Element Software

Genre: Tactical Combat Simulation

Release date: Q3 2007

wink_o.gifyay.gif

Just kidding!

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the expansion was one of the publisher's doings.

I cant see a patch until after september, and i do believe that queens gambit is using 1.08, so looks like we will have to buy the expansion for future bug fixes and patches. bad really as my armed assault is still chrashing to desktop after 30 mins of play sad_o.gif

You didnt have to buy RH to install the patches that came after it. RH was just a campaign with some addons, QG is probably alot like RH, but now we get more campaigns and addons, and hopefully the campaigns are better then RH. tounge2.gif

Did have to update to resistance though to continue with the fixes, Just feel that the game has major bugs that need to be fixed now instead of later. Its like buying a car with a serious flaw that you have to pay extra to get it right with a upgrade biggrin_o.gif Anyhow if QG isnt needed to patch future games i doubt i will be buying it unless it really improves arma which it wont unless a fix is released for the constant chrashing from 1.07 - 08

Imo before that moment we can say:" yeah its a good game and will be no serious bugs" we must see not less then 3-4 patches