Sign in to follow this  
Emmer

Blue Screen Of Death

Hello,

If i install ArmA from scratch and after that i want to start the game, i get a Blue Screen Of Death and my system is rebooting.

Anyone got an idea what to do with this?

I am using the original dvd version 1.0.

I like some help with this because i want to play this game.So please if anyone has a solution?

System specs:

Pentium 4 @ 2,66 G

Asus P4V800-X

1530 DDR-SDRAM

GeForce 7800GS , 256mb

Latest video and soundcard etc. drivers.

Should be enough.

Thanks in advance,

Emmer.

my first suggestion is try disabling your pagefile (virtual memory) if you have at least 2 gigs ram. check your system event log and see what the reason for the bsod is

Ok, did that, even let the system manage my pagefile and second totally had it off.

Both didnt help and got a bsod again.

The error report said: 0x0000008E.

Other games like FSX, LockOn Modern Air Combat etc. are running smoothly with no problems whatsoever.

Any suggestions on this would help.

Thanx for the reply.................. smile_o.gif

PICT0023.jpg

Gotte let y'all know have the game up and running.

Seems the problem was the soundcard driver.

I updated the drivers from Creative and the game is running smoothly.

I have an Audigy 2 Soundblaster card.I went to the Soundblaster website , not the one from Creative but the one of Sondblaster, updated my drivers et voila, game works.

Hope this will help for those with similar problems.

I've had a lot of random BSOD since I updated my video card (from ATI raedon 9600xt to raedon X1950 Pro). Error messages range from stop codes, to problems with ati drivers and windows system files. I have had no luck resolving these problems.

Did that , without the updated soundrivers , and had the same thing.

With the updated soundcard drivers its working perfect now........... yay.gif

Maybe possible too voor videocard drivers? Have no idea. You could try it though............to update them.

A directx update is also a possibility.............anyway , i hope all problems will be solved............ confused_o.gif

I've had a lot of random BSOD since I updated my video card (from ATI raedon 9600xt to raedon X1950 Pro). Error messages range from stop codes, to problems with ati drivers and windows system files. I have had no luck resolving these problems.

make sure u have atleast 450w PSU.

I've got a 650W, but I have now had similar crashes in another game, so it is no longer an ArmA troubleshooting issue. Format time confused_o.gif

I also have this same problem. At random times the game just crashes to a BSOD for a fraction of a second then my PC reboots on its own. Every time it loads back to the desktop it says "windows recovered from a serious error" and when i send the error report it always says "error caused by device driver." confused_o.gif

well unistall drivers, DL driver cleaner, run it once and reinstall drivers again

I've got a 650W, but I have now had similar crashes in another game, so it is no longer an ArmA troubleshooting issue. Format time confused_o.gif

It might be hardware related. To me it looks like bad memory, perhaps you could do a memtest. So if after the format you keep having the same problems, you could do one/

well unistall drivers, DL driver cleaner, run it once and reinstall drivers again

I already did that not long ago with the new forceware drivers that came out. I used driver cleaner and reg cleaner.

Turn off the auto restart when XP blue screen.

Control panel->System->Advanced tab->Startup and Recovery Settings, In the System failure part uncheck Automatically restart, Reboot machine.. Wait for/Make it BSOD.. Now you should be able to see whats making it blue screen.. the text message UNDER the STOP code is the interesting part.. (Not totally reliable thought)

I usually debug the dump files that is generated to pinpoint the culprit.. and like 80% of the time its buggy drivers that is to blame

Turn off the auto restart when XP blue screen.

Control panel->System->Advanced tab->Startup and Recovery Settings, In the System failure part uncheck Automatically restart, Reboot machine.. Wait for/Make it BSOD.. Now you should be able to see whats making it blue screen.. the text message UNDER the STOP code is the interesting part.. (Not totally reliable thought)

I usually debug the dump files that is generated to pinpoint the culprit.. and like 80% of the time its buggy drivers that is to blame

Thank you so much Bergmania! That should help me see if this is indeed a device driver issue or sound card issue or some other reason. smile_o.gif

Thank you so much Bergmania! That should help me see if this is indeed a device driver issue or sound card issue or some other reason. smile_o.gif

No problem.. Debugging the dump files is still an option if the BSOD msg doesn't give any useful info, It's not that hard to do but it requires a few hundred mb downloads from microsoft..