Sign in to follow this  
Rejn

The Cause Campaign

Thanks Sim, glad you are enjoying the campaign smile_o.gif

I hope the next one will be as good if not better. biggrin_o.gif

Gotta agree there, seriously challenging! Reminds me of the resistance campaign thumbs-up.gif

Thanks Sims and SS9 smile_o.gif

A few hints and tips for the missions incase anyone is having trouble:

Mission 1: Although it seems like a great idea to take cover by the tree line it is in fact poor cover. It is best in this scenario not to be the first person to fire off a shot. There is a video on page one/post one of this thread for mission one, where someone is demonstrating how to beat the mission by running around the barn yard while your men attack from the tree line.

In all you have 5 friends in this mission. Yuri, yuri's friend, his Cousin Ivan and two of Ivans friends.

Yuri's friend takes the eastern road linking the town to Corazol.

Yuri and his cousin Ivan + friends tend to take the tree line.

Mission 2: Take cover behind the hay bails at the road T section towards the middle of this mission. Your men may or may not get wiped out. It is at this point that you may be alone for a minute or two and have to hold back advancing enemies until the 2 BMP's arrive with fresh troops. Don't be to hasty to run behind them soon as they arrive. Let them clear the road ahead and drop off their cargo of men and then go and join the friendly squads to advance on the houses.

Beware of the prone MG guy sitting on the hill infront of the houses. Once Ive seen him take out all friendly squads.

A medic is always close by, should you be alone and wounded you can call a medic in for support.

Mission 3: Don't crawl out to far ahead. It is extremely important to use the q and e keys while prone to roll behind the bushes when getting shot at. Do not fire at the tanks initially and wait until most of them have been incapacitated before busting a move.

There are supply crates along the road for you to use but they involve a bit of a hike here and there. Its not a good idea to run up and down the road alot.

Reinforcements arrive along the road and will help out. There is a land mine field infront of you so DO NOT RUN OUT ONTO THE FIELD. You will notice enemies dying rather quickly when attempting to cross. There are a limited number of landmines on that field and enemies will still be able to make it across without dying. Once the mine field is depleted you will get a radio message saying that the enemy has managed to cross it.

Once you get a message that enemy tanks are incoming (2nd wave) its time to hightail it out of there. A marker will appear on the map where you are to meet Miguel.

Mission 4: In mission 4 don't take point during the advance. Instead just stay a few meters back behind your squad and let them do the heavy lifting. It is important to note though that it becomes harder to hold your ground with less men towards the end of the mission.

While holding out in the forest you will most likley get pushed back a bit while waiting for the tanks to arrive. You can leave the forest and take cover elsewhere as the assault is concerntrated along the forest. The enemy troops are actually on their way to the houses you just took over.

Mission 5:

Take cover behind the house walls asap. Dont run around corners without checking and watch you back. Do not advance out to far. Once enough enemies have been killed the battle will shift to the other side of Corazol where the remaining forces will fight until they surrender.

Always stay behind the main advance. Reinforcements come in from the North and east of Corazol and they advance in waves. Both Enemy and friendly squads have random waypoints which update after being completed. So dont be surprised if suddenly you find the enemy at your back. Be a little aware of troop movements.

The most dangerous place to be is within Market Square or along the forested road that leads to the bridge going into west corazol. Stay close to friendlys is all I can say.

Supply crates are available once certain positions have been taken. Theres one that appears in east block one at the first factory and one is dropped off by a medical team via helicopter at the harbour once the harbour is secured.

Can't believe I missed this the first time around.  The Campaign story line and cut scenes, an, well, everything is very well done!   Maybe I suck, but some of the missions are almost too challenging.  Otherwise, great fun, can't wait for 2.  Part of the challenge is just that the new PKM recoil is too hard to deal with.  What kind of machine gun kicks down?!

There is a good recoil correction addon just to fix this problem and many others. Can't remember its name though.