Sign in to follow this  
Rejn

The Cause Campaign

Mr Burns uses 6th sense mod I believe and a few people have used the Xam mod etc I don't think it effects the game play much.

XAM doesnt really changes gameplay, just effects and it adds some stuff.

Extreme Realism mode kicks ass, cause it takes away all 'gamey' help indicators, if you want to know something, you gotta check it yourself.

For example, when a squadleader gives you a target, the target wont be outlined on your hud, and the little clock indicating his position to you wont show up either.

Also takes away the crosshair and other stuff like that smile_o.gif

Does add a few other stuff though. The ability to sabotage vehicles, or apply C4 to them (carried in inventory) to blow them up (nice for ambushes).

Bleeding got added, as well as applying first aid to yourself, though you still need a medic to lose negative effects of being wounded.

A concussion effect and sound got added for when your standing close to explosions, and the helicopters got a radio with old rock songs.

The only real negative side to it is also one of the plus-sides, taking away mission indicators of where you should go. This makes it hard to complete certain missions cause you dont know where to go if it isnt indicated on the map.

Anyways, i also made an example video of that radio, its fricking awesome! ^^

For example, when a squadleader gives you a target, the target wont be outlined on your hud, and the little clock indicating his position to you wont show up either.

You can do all that using the difficulty settings. You don't need a mod to turn those things off.

Not talking about the whole of XAM of course. Just your examples.

You can do all that using the difficulty settings. You don't need a mod to turn those things off.

Not talking about the whole of XAM of course. Just your examples.

No, you dont have to.

But the XAM mod does do all of this for you wink_o.gif That was the point of me mentioning it hehe smile_o.gif

Just started the first mission of what until that point (intros and general conversation in the mission) seems to be of very, very high quality.

One warning though: Do not use TrueRange AI in this. It hurts. A lot.

Thankyou Spark50 and Inkompetent for your feedback. Glad you are enjoying the campaign. smile_o.gif

Cheers Rejn.

love the campaign, it oozes quality. i'm still on the 2nd mission after having played it for 1 - 1.5 hours as on both missions i'm left on my own to take out about 10 guys hidden in bushes! maybe a slightly fairer balance for the next installment?

how are the voices coming along for the sequel?

i'm happy to provide if you need any. i have my own audio studio and few bad european accents wink_o.gif

Thanks Bengine. Glad you liked the campaign. For mission 2 you should be ok when the reinforcements arrive. Usually mission 2 isn't to hard so long as you stick to cover and try and shoot as many enemies as you can.

I find that difficulty on mission 2 varies quite a bit for everyone as I did not give predefined waypoints for alot of the enemy units and set most of them on Guard mode around or near the small village west of Communications outpost Alpha and around and behind the com outpost.

EDIT:

Will definately look you up for some vocal talent. Don't suppose you could send me some samples of your work? I am currently working on one other project at the moment and may have other contracts in the future so if you have the recording equipment would love to hear some samples for my next Chapter of The Cause and possibly other commercial projects.

Thanks.

I just downloaded and played this campaign yesterday....Wow!!

It was outstanding. I loved the voice acting, and even turned off the AI voices just so it wouldn't be detracted from.

I think the missions were great. Good to be just another soldier, instead of Rambo. Could have been a little more complex or have extra objectives, but the atmosphere provided due to voice acting was spot on.

My only critacism: Not long enough. I felt a little sad when I finished. Just like I do after finishing a good book (Just finished "The Seventh Gate").

Like others have stated, I couldn't stop playing this once I started. I hope the continuation is coming soon.

Note: I know this was last commented on in March. This bumps a deserving campaign back to the front page. No apologies for that.

Thanks Submdi, glad you liked the campaign smile_o.gif

Its always nice to check back every now and then and find people still enjoying the campaign. smile_o.gif

TO the person who made the Cause Campaing, would it be possible to download it and put it on a USB then put it onto my other computer that ha ARMA installed as I have to use the laptop for my internet as the net on the computer with ARMA is FUBAR...........also if you can send me instructions for installation etc in an email or something

Its around 30 megs so if you have a USB storage device you can download the file and place it on the USB and place it on your PC.

I havn't played Arma in 8 months as Ive been in the Philippines but you should unzip the campaign into you arma campaign folder. Not sure what the folder tree is though.

Hey when is he second par coming out! I loved the first hapter it was awesome

Very gald you enjoyed the campaign smile_o.gif. I cant rightly say when the next chapter will be out, I will be home for a month mid/end july through to end of august and will be working on some Arma missions for sure.

I am contemplating however to redo The Cause Campaign for Arma2 with its long chapter system and do a new shorter campaign for Arma queens gambit when I get back as I may not have as much time to dedicate to The Cause campaign in the immediate future.

I have another shorter campaign story line in mind but will see how it goes.

The style of play will be the same either way.

I like to make missions where you are not rambo or special forces smile_o.gif

I will keep you all posted on what's happening.

We're waiting with patience! I loved the first part. But its just asking for a follow-up wink_o.gif

Please don't use Queen's Gambit - I try to avoid loading it as much as possible. I think the base game has everything necessary. I love your Cause campaign as it is and it didn't need any addons, which is what I mostly prefer. (I mostly only use replacment packs, so that I don't always have to keep switching around addons.)

But having new missions from you is good news. smile_o.gif

@rundll.exe: Thanks mate smile_o.gif I feel highly appreciated biggrin_o.gif

@xxbbcc: Is Queen's Gambit a real hassle to load? I havnt bought it yet but was planning to before I fly back.

I'd say it's a matter of taste. Technically, it's no different than any other addon, so the answer is no. I personally find it a very poorly done addon that hardly adds anything to the game, but some people on these forums insist that it's great, so it got used in several missions.

This is just my personal opinion, but I normally don't play missions the require it. I really liked your Cause campaign, though, so I might make an exception if you still choose to use it. smile_o.gif

I'd say it's a matter of taste. Technically, it's no different than any other addon, so the answer is no. I personally find it a very poorly done addon that hardly adds anything to the game, but some people on these forums insist that it's great, so it got used in several missions.

This is just my personal opinion, but I normally don't play missions the require it. I really liked your Cause campaign, though, so I might make an exception if you still choose to use it. smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif Ive had a look at what the addon adds and I am highly interested in a using a few items from Queen's Gambit such as:

- The partisan infantry models

- The jeeps with mountable mg's

- The DC-30 transport planes

- Limo car

It kind of opens up some oportunities for an alternative campaign I am thinking of making without using unofficial addons.

The problem with The Cause campaign is that I made the first mission before I had fully thought the story through.

So alot of plot elements I wanted to convey ended up being condensed into intro's/outro's etc apart from which I have over 10 pages of plot/story and charachter development which will take some time to implement.

I think the idea of a Russian style country in Arma2 would open up alot more explosive plot drivers for the story I have in mind.

Arma2 would have alot more options especially concerning persistent charachters who can be revived. *this was a big problem for me in The Cause campaign when I really wanted certain charachters to fight alongside the player and be reused over a few missions.

Anyway the next campaign I plan to make for Arma will follow the same style as The Cause but major difference being story and the way its told will be more efficient.

I think the idea of a Russian style country in Arma2 would open up alot more explosive plot drivers for the story I have in mind.

<snip>

Anyway the next campaign I plan to make for Arma will follow the same style as The Cause but major difference being story and the way its told will be more efficient.

Agreed and sounds great. smile_o.gif

Imo Queens Gambit adds some high quality units and animation wich can really enhance the feeling.

For example the mercenaries are really reconisable, so using them as a main character makes you more attached to them

The problem with The Cause campaign is that I made the first mission before I had fully thought the story through.

So alot of plot elements I wanted to convey ended up being condensed into intro's/outro's etc apart from which I have over 10 pages of plot/story and charachter development which will take some time to implement.

Arma2 would have alot more options especially concerning persistent charachters who can be revived. *this was a big problem for me in The Cause campaign when I really wanted certain charachters to fight alongside the player and be reused over a few missions.

Ok so the only campaigns you hve made is the Cause?? If you have made more, like the CAus, please give me the link!

I have thus far only made The Cause Campaign but will make another one when I get back home.

Damn only just started playing this campaign and I'm already hooked! Best custom made campaign I've played for ArmA so far, really brings back that old classic ofp mission feel which has been lost somewhere in the last few years, great work mate!

Will certainly keep a look out for more of your work smile_o.gif