Sign in to follow this  
Rejn

The Cause Campaign

We'll eagerly await your return. smile_o.gif Your campaign was very good to play.

All the best till you're back.

That campaign is awesome!

First two missions kept me up way too long yesterday biggrin_o.gif

Reminds me very much of PMC Fury campaign with the simple & short missions - makes it very enjoyable when you not want to read 3 pages of briefing prior to starting off.

It´s like "arcade" in ArmA terms biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

That campaign is awesome!

First two missions kept me up way too long yesterday biggrin_o.gif

Reminds me very much of PMC Fury campaign with the simple & short missions - makes it very enjoyable when you not want to read 3 pages of briefing prior to starting off.

It´s like "arcade" in ArmA terms biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Glad you liked it smile_o.gif I only make missions I would want to play a few times over biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Q and Xxbbcc , Its nice to know that my work is appreciated and I am eager to make more missions for Arma. smile_o.gif

That campaign was great. Odd thing is, I found mission 2 the hardest of them all.

I had that good old feeling of an OFP Campaign again. Decent storytelling, some character development and on top of that (and cretainly most important) : good mission design. smile_o.gif

What I liked was the feeling of being a soldier in a real operation.

Often, other missions/campaigns depend too much on the player alone, making him an Uber-Soldier of some sort.

Not this campaign! I found the fact, that you can lag back a bit and watch the other friendly platoons take on the fight quite good. It also gives you another way of completing a mission.

For example, I completed mission 4 with only 2 kills on my account. Still, the mission was a success and the campaign went on. That's just great!

The only negative points were mentioned before: To low volume on voices in cutscenes, music a bit too load (but the actual music is really great!wink_o.gif.

Hi Painfirefist biggrin_o.gif Thankyou for that superb feedback smile_o.gif

Mission 2 can go sour depending on how the enemy AI handles the situation... Sometimes the enemy will flank left of you and come around from behind while others will attack from the road on the right hand side. This pretty much causes your platoon to be surrounded and after a while it can become increasingly difficult to move around wether forward or back without at least the fear of getting shot smile_o.gif .

2nd platoon which you don't see during its inital engagement tends to hold off the enemy from around the buildings to the left until your men get to t section of the road.

There is a good chance in this mission that your numbers may dwindle and you may be caught out by yourself for a minute or two while reinforcements make their way from your base.

All in all what I liked about making mission two was the location it was set in. It was the perfect location for a 4 piece battle which would end in Corazol.

Ive lowered the music vol in another version of this campaign which I have at home and will upload it at some point when I get back.

Anyway glad you are all enjoying this campaign.. would love to hear some of your initial reactions/impressions within the game. Wether you were surprised at certain events or excited etc... Gives me an idea of what players liked about the story/setup of missions.. Thanks biggrin_o.gif

Well, your campaign forced me to post my first post ever in that forum... guess I'm no lurker anymore. smile_o.gif

I think this fact should speak for itself and for the quality of your campaign.

*** SPOILER BELOW ***

In mission 2 you are mostly doomed if you stay in the center where the waypoint is. I finally got the mission right, when I flanked to the right hand side where there is a little barnyard with some enemy resistance. Once I had cleared the way to that location, everything seemed to work fine.

The later arriving mech support cleared the way to the primary objective and the rest was a cake walk. The funny thing is, that two other guys from my platoon survived that. Well needless to say I had become squad leader by then. smile_o.gif

I once had almost all my squad survive smile_o.gif Not sure how it happened but guess all my men got lucky... only happened once though. smile_o.gif

2nd platoon advances on those buildings you went for. Often the AI will attempt to back up that area if it isnt trying to flank your left.

I am missing my Arma at the moment. Lol. sad_o.gif

Is there gonna be a sequel for this? Like I said before, the missions were really awesome. some of the best I've ever played in fact and I would LOVE to play more of this kind.

Is there gonna be a sequel for this? Like I said before, the missions were really awesome. some of the best I've ever played in fact and I would LOVE to play more of this kind.

What he said! welcome.gif

'Unfortunatly' i completed the campaign 2 days ago .. now i´m addicted lol

Haven´t played such immersive missions in a veeery long time.

The mission with the hedgerows and the last one actually got me on the edge of the chair all the time. In combination with fromz' sound, a bunch of 6th sense and other effect mods stuff those 2 were totally frightening biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you both liked the campaign and it is good to see the immersion and excitement of the mission(s) was not lost in translation smile_o.gif

A sequel(s) is planned but:

I am currently in the Philippines where I will be for another few months. Unfortunately this means I can't work on Arma at the moment. I may be able to sort myself out a computer strong enough to run it here at some point.

I have a Dual Core E660 lieing around here with a sparkle 6200 128mb video card and 1gig of ram. The processor seems nice but the video card seems like a pile of crap... I can't really afford a new video card at the moment either otherwise Id grab a GT7900 or something. Im pretty strapped for cash as im not getting a salary here at the moment.

I havn't tried using it yet but I'll try and move my files over to that PC. I also bought a mixer and mic and will try and see how far I can get with that.

If all does not go well then you will have to wait a few months before I can make any sequel to the campaign.

I just got reminded that I have to play this through again with the XAM mod XD

biggrin_o.gif

If anyone makes any movies using this campaign then please link me to it. I meant to make a trailer ages back but never got around to doing it.

I think your campaign puts the BI mission designers in shame . . . excellent work.

Thanks for the compliment smile_o.gif Glad you liked the campaign.

biggrin_o.gif

If anyone makes any movies using this campaign then please link me to it. I meant to make a trailer ages back but never got around to doing it.

Recorded myself playing the 5th mission with all the good FX mods on.

@Rejn

Sent you some voice samples a month ago or so, but actually never received feedback. Any reason for that ?

Hey there.

Quote[/b] ]

Recorded myself playing the 5th mission with all the good FX mods on.

(Possible spoiler) - Youtube

Some very nice footage thanks biggrin_o.gif I have added it to the start of the thread for anyone who wants to see what gameplay is like smile_o.gif

@Balschoiw: Hey sorry man but I never received one... could be that hotmail or gmail is being a pain.

Try himmelstossen@gmail.com if you have already tried rejenorst@hotmail.com

I usually answer within/next the day of having received samples.

Sorry for the inconveinience. sad_o.gif

I've made a small compilation from Mission 2 and 3. Mostly action and dialogues. So this does mean, spoiler alert! smile_o.gif

I've made a small compilation from Mission 1 and 2. Mostly action and dialogues. So this does mean, spoiler alert! smile_o.gif

Nicely done biggrin_o.gif I like this one. Have added it to the first page of the thread smile_o.gif Thankyou.

EDIT:

I found these two on you tube as well which are pretty cool have added them to front page.

One is the first mission and the other the 2nd:

1st mission posted by Maccollo (using Xam 1.4 mod?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXxOX0TTS0

2nd mission posted by SicDisaster (using Xam 1.4 mod) :

I added these to the front page.

@Mr Burns: What FX mods did you use for your video. I would love to try those out myself.

Maddmatts ArmA Effects v0.52

6thSense.eu Pack 1 v0.4

6thSense.eu Pack 2 v0.1

Fromz´ FFAMM1.41 Soundmod

welcome.gif

Hello mate, seen you found my gameplay video hehe smile_o.gif

You're free to use it smile_o.gif

Just recently i made a review of Armed Assault, and i put the link to your campaign in it, in hopes of getting more people to play it smile_o.gif

Thanks Sic smile_o.gif

Im hoping that the vids will draw more people to play it and Im pretty sure your vid has already drawn a few people smile_o.gif

This campaign is still the very best I've played so far. However, I haven't replayed it yet with all the new mods (6th Sense, ArmA Effects+Rain, Sound mods, Suppression etc..). I fear some of them would break the gameplay.

Anyone tried it with several gameplay mods ?

Malick