Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

As far as i know Yomies body removal script is not made with the intention of removing players dead bodies. It only takes into account bodies of units spawned via yomie spawning scripts.

You could use a third party body removal script and edit it slightly to check any bodies to see if they are of a Yomie class name, and if so, dont delete it. Or you could edit the yomie body removal script to delete players as well, not entirely sure on how to do this as i will have to have a look at it and do some tinkering.

And yes Quarantine does not have a script for removing player bodies, its something i have over looked but will take note of for next update.

Quote[/b] ]Oh murphy, to partially fix the issue your having in quarantine. Take out the names of the players in the players init lines.. you cant have man2 punish himself with the killed event apon death or he will get himself executed everytime he dies. Even if he kills himself, or respawns.lol..

This was not an issue i was aware of! thanks for pointing it out, will get on fixing it.

thing is if a player dies in a yomie spawn zone. the yomie scripts account for that body and try to take ownership of it somehow.

If you delete that players body, (even if he isnt a yomie) it will cause an error in the script..

Deleting the AI's though so you can disableai = false, is easy.

just make 2 triggers, set one to immediately and set one to like 10 mins.

in it's init line write. deletevehicle man1;deletevehicle man2; etc etc.

have one trigger go off immediately, but only once.

then another that goes off every 10 mins. the trigger will activate and delete the AI bodies that are the names you specify. (deletevehicle will not delete players)

that way anyone who joins and leaves an ai body behind when they dc, will have that body removed automatically.

As long as I keep disable ai = false. it seems people don't spawn in as seagulls. so far..lol..

I tried using other body removal scripts.. they work.. but try using that same script inside a yomie spawn zone and everything changes.

We beta test everything we send out ..a lot.. or it doesn't

get released.

it's the only reason we even found the issue..

if you kill a player in a yomie spawn zone and delete his dead body.. the yomie script will error..

each person will keep 5 bodies on the map each time he/she joins..

meaning over a 24 hour period ,you could have hundreds of dead bodies, that will not delete properly. no matter what you do.

we've made our own simple deletion scripts and used other peoples.

merged some and tried that.. tried it for over a week now and it just simply will not work.

We don't even want to release our version of quarantine because of it..

but gl lol..

if we find anything else we'll let ya know.

I am sooooooooooo sorry and i feel guilty i cannot help you to solve these issues.

I know that i am repeating myself, but i just want you to know that i didn't quit or forget my promises.

Keep up your efforts, try to fix what you can, and i will try to help the first moment i get some more time.

I am sooooooooooo sorry and i feel guilty i cannot help you to solve these issues.

I know that i am repeating myself, but i just want you to know that i didn't quit or forget my promises.

Keep up your efforts, try to fix what you can, and i will try to help the first moment i get some more time.

eh, such is life m8...

your yomies are still a hell of a lot better that the ones we use to use..lol..

they look better, they run smoother, use less resources, hell they even sound good..

it's only a small issue in the grand scope of things i guess.. it's just killing the possibility of long term rpg with it, until it's fixed.. sad_o.gif..

but gl with whatever it is your busy with..

I'm sure we'll all keep at it and see what we can see..

Not nearly as good at this stuff as you are.. but we'll try XD..

Add TCP animations to the list of Things ToDo. It’s not a complete zombie mod without them animations. Mostly I want to see Quarantine included it. wink_o.gif

Ravenholme

Quote[/b] ]TCP animations are alright, but I prefer the more "28 Days Later" style that the Yomies seem to have. (For example, the best mission that uses the Yomies, Quarantine, wouldn't be nearly as scary/tense if the zombies shambled at you like standard ones.)

Do we really need to get into this, ok? So if you’re a rotting corpse and decide to run the streets brain-dead, you would end up snapping your ankle and you knees in hundreds of places causing this sort of collapsed walk.

@CrazyAce

Well in quarantine it isnt really stated weather the infected are dead or alive (up to the players imagination). But from a purely game play and design point of view its better to have the zombies running. With a game like arma thats so open and dynamic its very hard to funnel players into tight spaces where shambling zombies would work best. Running ones work better with the arma environment being able to close vast distances quickly becoming more dangerous. Where shamblers would easily get picked off before they even become a threat, the only way to make them a threat would either be spawning them very close the player all the time, or spawning thousands of them at the same time, which of course isn't possible due to performance and unit caps.

Dont get me wrong thou, id love to see them animated a bit more frantic and zombie like.

Heya.. Fyi Not sure if it's just because we're not using independents in this game for certain but we know know that you can remove dead bodies of players..

Two ways you need to go about executing it from what we can tell.

first off you make a trigger.

each players body in the editor has to have a name assigned to it.

You set the trigger in game to 0 secs

in the condition line of the trigger write:    alive player

then in the activation line write:    deletevehicle man1;

deletevehicle man2;

etc etc...

that gets rid of any AI bodies that may be left behind from players coming and going.

may be a better way of that.. idk..lol..

but to get rid of the dead players bodies you simply do this..

make another trigger

condition: !alive player

Act:  hidebody player;

thats it..

we tested it even inside the zombie spawn zone and didn't get any errors.

Me and my Bro David.B figured it out..

Cheers.. smile_o.gif

However, I have a question.

Would setting the units on the map probability of presence to 0%.

IE: the civilians, yomies and RH soliders on rhamadi island.

Would that cause lag or issues in the game?

how about for you Murph?

you need those units on the map for fast loading access for the spawns?

Or is it possible to set their presence to 0% without causing lag?

or maybe having them enter the mission at start but be deleted immediately, to allow them time to load initially but not hang around?

Just trying to find a way to not have an extra 60ish bodies hanging around..

There has to be a better way..lol..

However, I have a question.

Would setting the units on the map probability of presence to 0%.

IE: the civilians, yomies and RH soliders on rhamadi island.

Would that cause lag or issues in the game?

how about for you Murph?

you need those units on the map for fast loading access for the spawns?

Or is it possible to set their presence to 0% without causing lag?

or maybe having them enter the mission at start but be deleted immediately, to allow them time to load initially but not hang around?

Just trying to find a way to not have an extra 60ish bodies hanging around..

There has to be a better way..lol..

I am not sure i understand your question.

Are you talking about some units which are present on the map (placed in editor) and at the start of the game they are deleted?

If yes, then i am using (or i was using - maybe it is not in the last template) this to get rid of the short LAG when spawning the yomies for the first time (when the Yomies model, textures and etc. aren't loaded yet).

Maybe there is a better way - i know there are some "preload" commands, but i am not sure how exactly i should use them.

If i misunderstood your question, then please try to explain more.

He is getting confused with all units i have placed on rahmadi island in my mission Quarantine to decrease loading times and lag caused by spawning of units and weapon models etc... Please keep all that discussion in the Quarantine thread.

Actually it was a dual part question which applied to both parties.

I thought it best to ask the maker seeing as he knows more about the script than you do.

And I assumed since you read this same script then perhaps you might know something.

But you'd rather play the "please use the appropriate thread"

game..lol..

I asked where I needed to ask..

anyway you understood me correctly 5.. thank you for explaining that to me..

I will put my uits back on the map..

Maybe putting them on the map and then deleting them. Using the deletevehicle comand on Alive player with a 5 second wait.

Would work to load them in and remove them without texture issues?

thanks again smile_o.gif

Sorry if there's already an answer for this question but its being a long time since i wrote here. i was wondering if its possible to have more than a total of 144 units of the same side? Having to fight 1000 zombies would be fun. wink_o.gif

Sorry if there's already an answer for this question but its being a long time since i wrote here. i was wondering if its possible to have more than a total of 144 units of the same side? Having to fight 1000 zombies would be fun. wink_o.gif

Yes it is. You just have to make the killed zombies to get cleared from the battlefield. Use some body clearer script where you can set the time etc for how many and how long time the bodies lie on the ground before being deleted. This way you can spawn in millions of zombies. So they will just keep comin and comin. smile_o.gif

I dont know of any body remove script atm. Tested some older one and i didnt get it to work with 1.14.

Good luck.

72 @ Aug. 22 2008,15:11)]

Yes it is. You just have to make the killed zombies to get cleared from the battlefield. Use some body clearer script where you can set the time etc for how many and how long time the bodies lie on the ground before being deleted. This way you can spawn in millions of zombies. So they will just keep comin and comin. smile_o.gif

I dont know of any body remove script atm. Tested some older one and i didnt get it to work with 1.14.

Good luck.

as for body removal.

inside the yomies folder is a file named

server body removal loop... or something close.

just go inside that file and change the max allowed number of bodies to stay to like 2.

then set the 2 sleeps at the bottom of the script to 3 seconds and 3 seconds.

bodies should remove not to long after they sit on the ground for a bit.

1000 zombies.. lol good luck..

I figure it'd crash just about anyone at those numbers.

try Dynbr body removal.

we use that one for vehicles and some bodies.

not sure if it will help with the zombies.

I was under the impression the body removal script did that..works for us fine anyway..

can I ask if its possible to give the TCP anims ? just comment in the "moves=TCPblablazombie" ?

or its more difficult ?

also Ive made a little test mission with 3 mens group storming through village, but why do team mate start attacking me when I kill 1-2 zombies ? crazy_o.gif

can I ask if its possible to give the TCP anims ? just comment in the "moves=TCPblablazombie" ?

or its more difficult ?

also Ive made a little test mission with 3 mens group storming through village, but why do team mate start attacking me when I kill 1-2 zombies ? crazy_o.gif

For TCP anims you need to change few things in the cfgMoves section in the config.cpp of the yomies.pbo file.

I cannot tell you how exactly you need to change it, because i don't know.

Ask around, because somebody already did that, so your best chance is to ask that somebody to send you the modified addon (i have no problem with people modifying the addon and distributing it in modified state as long as the name of the modified addon is different than of the original - so people won't get confused what is what).

To your second question:

The reason is obvious: Yomies are your friendlies, which shouldn't be, there is probably something wrong in your mission setup.

If i remember correctly, zombies should be (by default - when using the provided template) on the Resistance side, BUT their rating should be set to some high negative value, which makes them general enemy of any side.

Also, the relationships between various sides are set in the mission config (or in the mission init.sqs) to make it work properly.

Find out on which side are your generated Yomies, maybe there is something wrong and they are on your or friendly side (or civilian).

I have already modified it thumbs-up.gif

(just replacing the "file" and "speed" lines), works like a charm !

also, I am dumb, I had US army as friendly with resistance tounge2.gif

Corrected and everything is OK, awaiting next relase notworthy.gif

also, I am dumb, I had US army as friendly with resistance tounge2.gif

Corrected and everything is OK, awaiting next relase notworthy.gif

But that should be perfectly possible! You can make BLUFOR friendly to Resistance and still be able to kill yomies without making any side angry - but you have to make sure the yomies spawning script is setting their Rating to -5000 (i think -2000 should be enough, but make it -5000 just to be sure), that makes them Enemy even to their own side and nobody should ba angry at you when you kill them.

Well ok, but they just had rating at least -5000 but my team mates were still nailing me down, dont know where was the problem. but its solved for now tounge2.gif

love the yomies. but many problems. again ill say thanks for the hard work.. i know its tough and not much appreciation haha. i cant use a nil=[man1,marker1]execvm "markerscript.sqf"..

ive gotten the same yom error from a bunch of things ive tried while using them. idk where it comes from but maybe you could shed some light on it. when i use the marker script it works, but the yomie spawns go nutty.. not by over spawning or anything just an error that seems to cover every spawn area on the map.. many errors i should say. "yomiespawn 44 nil" and many others.. i had this same error when trying to use a body remover. im sure you can duplicate it anytime.. probably no time to do it. If you do look into any more modding of the yoms, check out this error. body removers and marker updating scripts dont seem to like em.

love the yomies. but many problems. again ill say thanks for the hard work.. i know its tough and not much appreciation haha. i cant use a nil=[man1,marker1]execvm "markerscript.sqf"..

ive gotten the same yom error from a bunch of things ive tried while using them. idk where it comes from but maybe you could shed some light on it. when i use the marker script it works, but the yomie spawns go nutty.. not by over spawning or anything just an error that seems to cover every spawn area on the map.. many errors i should say. "yomiespawn 44 nil" and many others.. i had this same error when trying to use a body remover. im sure you can duplicate it anytime.. probably no time to do it. If you do look into any more modding of the yoms, check out this error. body removers and marker updating scripts dont seem to like em.

I am confused - you cannot use <span style='color:blue'>nil = [man1,marker1] execvm "markerscript.sqf"</span>, because you would be assigning the result of <span style='color:blue'>markerscript.sqf</span> into a <span style='color:blue'>nil</span>.

<span style='color:blue'>Nil</span> is not a variable. You can set some variable to <span style='color:blue'>nil</span> to effectively unset/destroy that variable, but you cannot do the opposite.

...or maybe i misunderstood you?

Isn't there a quick solution besides not allowing JIP?

The only solution is to inspect the script, find what is the problem, and fix it, and most probably that won't be quick and i have too much work these days, so i don't know when i get the time for this.

But when i find the time, i will do it.

Have you looked into this since June?

I think that this is a very serious error.....

Just going by what 5133p39 has already said, but I'd guess he hasn't found the time to work on your problem. You know the whole "When I find the time, I will do it." part should pretty well stand out here. >.>

Any updates to this mod? I'd like to see it catch on.. No one ever plays multiplayer with it anymore it seems sad_o.gif.

Criminy, no one even bothers to read anymore. He's already stated that it'll be done when it gets done. If it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. That's the way the author feels about it, and I even re-quoted it only two posts above this one. PM the guy if you want to know if he's still working, bumping the thread with questions like that only make people think there was an update, which wastes their time.

I was wondering if there is some way to make zombies die a bit easier if you shoot them any other place than head? In init_game.sqf file there is code:

iYInitDamage = 0.0;

// damage initially aplied onto each spawned yomie

Is this right line to edit? I noticed no difference when I tried different values.