Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

Hey guys, sorry about asking all this stupid questions but I have allways some problems with this zombies. Example:

2 markers yomie_spawn and yomie_spawn_1

If I enter the first one zombies spawn!

If I enter the second one, zombies spawn!

But, if I enter the first one, exit it and enter the 2nd one, zombies dont spawn any more. crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

It's very strange...

Ok, how many Yomies have you got spawning in the first area? How many other RACS units do you have on the map? Do you get any errors?

I dont get any error I and I have no RACS units on the map.

The first area is set to 40 yomies and to INFINTE and I think they spawn all because I have only 40 RACS groups.

I have the same problem with the sample mission. Zombies spawn in the village and in the town, but they don't spawn at the airport.

I think they spawn all because I have only 40 RACS groups.

Could you express that a bit more?

If you can only have 40 RACS groups (some addon or something?) then that will be your problem. Other than that, it sound like a problem that we all get where if you 'activate' too many spawn areas, the yomies won't be allowed to spawn due to the 144 limit. Best wait for the creator to get back to us (if he ever does, which I hate to say, looks incredibly doubtful, despite what ben says).

You didn't give a very good description on how to install the template, which mission folder do I put it in, the Mission folder, with official missions, or the user mission folder, also.. Do I put the entire yomies_basic_template.Intro into the mission folder, or do I have to unpack the entire contents manually.

I am a total arma editing noob sad_o.gif So to open the template, I go inside the mission editor, and load a certain mission? I would really like some help. I will really appreciate it.

You did not go to the website, or read the readme. Its all there.

I didn't get a readme in either of the files...

I looked at the website, but he still didn't specify the mission folder to install in.

Hypno,

In my last post, I stated where the template should be extracted to. It is not a mission, therefore you have to open it up in mission editor after extracting the files. The template is definitely not required to make a yombie mission. The web site will tell you how to create your own from scratch. If you have any problems, just look at how the actual mission is made. To install the "mission" which is not the "template," you must install the pbo into your default directory in program files/atari/arma/MPMissions (depending on which country you bought your game from). Hope this answers your question.

If you can only have 40 RACS groups (some addon or something?) then that will be your problem. Other than that, it sound like a problem that we all get where if you 'activate' too many spawn areas, the yomies won't be allowed to spawn due to the 144 limit. Best wait for the creator to get back to us (if he ever does, which I hate to say, looks incredibly doubtful, despite what ben says).

I think I understand. 144 is the limit to one marker and it is the limit to ALL markers.

I thought when i exit the first marker the count of zombies raise to 0. But it still being to 40. Right?

(Sorry for my bad English)

Yep, that exactly the problem. We have been trying to get the creator to implement this into the addon. So when you do leave an area, the count goes back to 0. This would make large scale missions possible.

Until then, we have to stick to small scale stuff.

Good job for you addon and démo mission, thanks ! smile_o.gif

New mission in download other the démo mission ??

I think I understand. 144 is the limit to one marker and it is the limit to ALL markers.

If your computer can handle it you can spawn up to 572 Yomies. I have no performance problems and I have a C2D6600, 2 gig memory and a 8800GTS.

Now that new tools have been released.. is there any way to get these zombies new version released? i have been waiting on a few simple things.

Can someone better explain how to disable/enable spawns? or clear them?

# Spawn areas can be immediately cleared,

which leaves them also disabled, but you can of course enable them again if you want.

Use the function fDisableSpawn to immediately remove all zombies in the area, without taking the player presence into account.

Usage: _spawnIndex call fDisableSpawn;

.. i think just if someone can post an example on how to disable yomie_spawn... i should be able to get it from there. ty

I'd also like to know how to use the move spawn function. An example would be very helpful.

I've read up on the page and I'm still stumped on how to get the Yomies working correctly in MP. I've even un-pbo'd the mission put the yomies folder and init.sqs in the pbo packed it back up and tried it but then all the zombies are spawned in immediately and they ...kinda...just stand there.

Does it work when you play the sample mission online? It works for me but haven't tried out custom MP zombie missions to see if they work.

Hey, I was playing this with [10thMT]Tack-Up and had some problems.

Setup:

Non-dedicated, regular mode (I think), Tack hosted the game. I'm running v1.08.

Script error on mission start (not in briefing). But only for me.

When we went to the hotel, the people in the hotel would not move, tack ended up shooting them all while I held the ground floor with a 249. This allowed us to move to the extraction.

I got killed after leaving the hotel, and tack ran his ass off to the extraction point. After some time, he left all the zombies behind, and none showed up to try and get him at the base. since it had an m2 and some vehicles (at least one hwmmvv with M2), I assume that wasn't supposed to be like that.

Suggestion: Headshots kill zombies wink_o.gif. (probably been said before)

For some reason I couldn't even get the demo mission to work. Kept saying something about needing downloaded content or something. I'll have to try it again later and get the exact message. Been dying (pun not intended...or was it? lol) to get at least the demo mission working especially after watching 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later today, hehe tounge2.gifnener.gif

So far I have made close to no progress with my little project for the yombies. They still will not act accordingly when out of range (eg will not be labeled to be disappeared). I am definitely not an experienced scripter, so if anyone would like to help out, that would be great.

@ColonelSandersLite

Do the yombies work though? I noticed that the civs do not follow me either, or i just haven't activated a trigger. Sometimes we get that error at the top at the beginning of the mission, but from what i tell, as long as yombies are working, we're fine.

@Betsalel

Have you made sure that all the necessary files have been installed in the correct places? The downloadable content error may be due to the yombies pack not being installed correctly. PS. Is 28 weeks later good?

Hmmm you have a point...not 110% positive but I *think* so. Might remove everything I can find and try everything all over again just to be positive. See if that's what's wrong. I hope so.

BTW--Yeah it's pretty damn good if you ask me. I actually like it a tad bit more than 28 Days believe it or not. Even liked the sound track as well. Then again Days had a real good one as well. biggrin_o.gif

I have discovered some new things in the yomie scripts to edit... that can change stuff.

Enemies in Get_yomie_target "Will always let zombies know where players in this list are."

iviewdist = 50 in init_Game "Tells how far zombies have to be to spawn.. without changing the view distance for players.

_yomie in spawn_yomie (ADD DAMMAGE to yomies when they spawn.)

And for those who are confused about how to enable/disable spawn triggers..

call compile format ["bSpawn%1=nil",0]; Will disable the yomie_spawn trigger

call compile format ["bSpawn%1=nil",1]; Will disable yomie_Spawn_1 trigger

call compile format ["bSpawn%1=true",0]

Will enable the yomie_spawn trigger

call compile format ["bSpawn%1=true",1]; Will enable yomie_Spawn_1 trigger

Hello everyone,

i was surprised to see this topic haven't completely died yet, but it also makes me sad, because i cant be part of it.

I am also sorry to see that everyone does have some problems with the yomies, but i do not have time nor the means to help.

I have no computer to run ArmA nor the time to play or to work on the yomies.

If somebody wants to take over, please do, because i don't know for how long things will be like this.

I hope that one day i will meet you all in a Yomies game without any bugs (sounds like a heaven to me ;-)

Greetings from the desert,

your hated Yomies creator - 5133p39.

With DAC (Dynamic AI Creator) 2.0 coming out, i hope maybe we can solve our issues with ai "zones" and such. I've read the preview and it looks promising, even for the yombies. However, we'll see how it fairs in our situation. Anyone else read about the preview?

is the project dead?

It is not dead, it is just dormant right now, because currently i cannot work on it (too much work, no computers around good enough to run ArmA, etc.),

but i think you can consider this project to be dead, because i cannot say how long it will be like this - maybe i can get back to this project in few weeks, maybe in few months, maybe a little more.

I really don't know, sorry.

I just had a quick question, is there a way to speed up the the time in which it takes to spawn them? it takes like a minute and a half to spawn the yomies. + I got them to work and spawn in MP, the problem now is that..it seems like they don't want to attack anything, they just stand there like morons.