Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

True, less whoosh, more Pop!

From Chammys YouTube vids the new version sounds so much better and realistic - can't wait Chammy!

Well F me sideways:

*Warning* Though the following video is a live action shot, it does not show any blood/gore and you cannot see any enemy combatants. It is basically a POV of soldiers shooting at a building. If this is not allowed, I am sorry and will accept my punishment. My intent was to compare CSM and a live action shot.

Actual

Chammy I salute you. notworthy.gif I was in disbelief in the accuracy of your mod.

IF anything, turn up the volume on all .50 cal and vehicle mounted weapons.

chammy can u please add the metal clang sound from the original BIS m16 sounds or something similar???

Thanks for Your mod Chammy. Good job. Are you planing to replace heavy breathing sound in future release ? Original BIS sound is more like sweeping concret with hard brush.

Well F me sideways:

*Warning* Though the following video is a live action shot, it does not show any blood/gore and you cannot see any enemy combatants. It is basically a POV of soldiers shooting at a building. If this is not allowed, I am sorry and will accept my punishment. My intent was to compare CSM and a live action shot.

Actual

Chammy I salute you. notworthy.gif I was in disbelief in the accuracy of your mod.

IF anything, turn up the volume on all .50 cal and vehicle mounted weapons.

really nice comparison smile_o.gif

The problem with chammy sounds is that the firing sounds do not take over the other sounds,ie, when you fire your m16 that sound should be louder then the radio chats, and it ain't.

Anyway Chammy said the sounds were not increased yet smile_o.gif

Still awesome tho. I'm sure he can only make new sounds with quieter radio sounds, tho it doesnt bother me too much. We need to like donate money to chammy so he can take the day off work and get in a good amount of hours biggrin_o.gif LOL

Well, nowadays, my only contact with these weapons is during annual training for the Dutch airforce. So, there's a strict protocol and no screwing around. smile_o.gif

Obviously, when other teams are firing I'm about 50m away without my hearing protection but I reckon that's quite different then 50cm. smile_o.gif

You can't be serious???

I'm 313 man! Where you at?

EDIT: Oh and Chammy, awesome mod man. Been with you now for six or seven months and this is the best thing ever. Can't really help with "real" gunfire sounds, though, mostly same reason as Ateryu. Damn you hearing protection! tounge2.gif

In responce to proxemo666, here's another vid of a firefight in Iraq:

Note how in the "actual" clip they are in a more urban area with a more concentrated amount of buildings in the surroundings. The next version of CSM is for those who are into urban combat and urban CTF matches which increase more the ambience, it will have exactly the same feel. Because of the reverberance of the buildings, bass and volume will be louder, gun shots will be more flat and blare sounding, much different in open areas.

As for the breath, yes the breath sound will be replaced, I know, it does sound like someone sawing a piece of wood.

For the loudness in 1st person view, for some reason it seems to be quieter in 1st but louder when standing next to another unit firing. But yes , the volume will be increased as promised, just a test though. And thanks again for the props gents smile_o.gif

Are you developing:

Chammy's Sound Mod - Urban Combat

Chammy's Sound Mod - Open Area Combat

Chammy's Sound Mod - Gold (Urban & Open Area) ?? wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Are you developing:

Chammy's Sound Mod - Urban Combat

Chammy's Sound Mod - Open Area Combat

Chammy's Sound Mod - Gold (Urban & Open Area) ?? wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Yup, sure am, well the one ArmAVidz , Durg and I are trying to complete is more the main one, open area type. The next will be City or Urban and or Forest or just plain ladened with echo and reverb and one with hardly any echo at all for those who like the no echo effect, which is more the like during the day out in the desert....like Sarhani and Ramahdi. Say, does anyone know the true origin of these islands? What islands are they modeled after or influenced?

The secret's out! biggrin_o.gif

Urban combat + urban gunfire =  inlove.gif Chammy's turnin' me into a gun nut  pistols.gif

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Rock On</span></span>

As for the breath, yes the breath sound will be replaced, I know, it does sound like someone sawing a piece of wood.

It's great to hear that. To be honest arma sounds was the worst part of the game You are doing exelent job ! thumbs-up.gif

PS. Could You take care vulcan and shilka sounds ? whistle.gif they are so weak atm....

hmm basically i compared this mod to the FDF_sound_pack and in my personal opinion, this mod here has not a chance agains the FDF-sound.

The shots sounds just like "piff" "piff" and so on. Where's the volume? Where's the feeling? Where's the "deeper-parts" of the tones? IMHO very unrealistic.

It just sounds like you cut the tones out of some youtube iraq-war footages (recorded with handy or else which can't record the deeper-tone areas) and where the shots were 1 mile away or so....

I cant recommend it, as sorry as i am.

Regards, mr.g-c

hmm basically i compared this mod to the FDF_sound_pack and in my personal opinion, this mod here has not a chance agains the FDF-sound.

The shots sounds just like "piff" "piff" and so on. Where's the volume? Where's the feeling? Where's the "deeper-parts" of the tones? IMHO very unrealistic.

It just sounds like you cut the tones out of some youtube iraq-war footages (recorded with handy or else which can't record the deeper-tone areas) and where the shots were 1 mile away or so....

Regards, mr.g-c

FDF Is more realistic than this?

rofl.gif

this mod here has not a chance agains the FDF-sound.

It just sounds like you cut the tones out of some youtube iraq-war footages...

<span style='color:darkred'>Thanks for your feedback.</span>

I believe, the better part of what you are hearing ('piff' 'piff')might be from a config issue. If you like, you could download THIS and try the CSM_cfg.pbo (found in the ChammySoundMod_Config_Fix folder in the rar) to replace the original CMS_cfg.pbo in your addons folder for the CSM modfolder.

Also, not sure if you checked the previous page of the thread, but you can hear an updated example of the sounds Chammy is working into the fold. They're pretty awesome imho.

smile_o.gif

need anymore beta testers tounge2.gif id be happy to listern and rate everysound smile_o.gif

I don't know if I sayd this before, but this mod is so good that I do simple things in the editor like creating different groups with waypoints so they head towars each other with me seating in the middle of it all as a civilian, just to hear the fire fight ( And chance gettin shot by accident) Bloody amazing, I haven't watched a war film for ages, don't need to anymore, I got CSM. biggrin_o.gif

mr.g-c, put the volume up a bit, you'll find it on the right side of the task bar of your desktop, by the "Date/Time" section.

Regards, mr.g-c

Wow, thats prety brutal mr.g-c, but I do appreciate your  pros and cons, well, cons. I take it you either are a devoted fan of FDF or is half the author of it.   Well, if you had read most the thread, these sounds arent quite finnished yet, most have been changed and finnished now, just being cleaned up and volume levels raised and evened out.   Like I said earlier mr. g-c, people have their preferences,  my opinion on FDF's is that they are just too too blaring. You dont hear metalic like sounds coming from your weapons and thats just what they sound like. I'm not saying that FDF's is not a good sound mod, thats more aimed for those who like a blaring more Hollywood sound. I 'm aiming at a real, natural feel, the reason why it may sound like sounds taken from youtube and from sounds shot at a distance is just that! Its taken from a real source. Since ArmA has the EAX option, some people either do not have it or have trouble running it due to weaker CPU systems, SO, contrary, I made the sounds with just enough attack and bite but maintained a more "piff piff" as if hearing shots from a distance to maybe 20 to 100' away, to give it a different feel. You obviously have never been to a real live shooting range or combat. Try visiting one, you'll be astonished.

Regards, mr.g-c

Yeah the real world is not hollywood im afraid. wink_o.gif ... but its what ever floats your boat. I hope you try the new CSM Soundmod when it is released becuase there has been lots done to all the sounds also to improve the qualtiy. smile_o.gif

Regards, mr.g-c

I don't appreciate blasphemy....

Don´t feel bad. His only reference is youtube and blackhawk down. The mod is fockin class.