Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

I'm starting to wonder if this mod will ever be released. huh.gif

Yes it will be released. I've been checking forums lately for more feedback, like I said, i only get a few hours a day and sometimes at night to work on this. So far I have a majority of it done, I'm just making sure the sound is just so for all rifles. Slowly but surely. Thanks for the patience guys. banghead.gif

Just take your time Chammy. I'd rather wait and have a solid mod of 100% whoop-@$$ than something rushed and half of what it could have been. biggrin_o.gif

Patience is a virtue. Let me just say, for private use on those cold boring nights I've been combining stuff for my own gamining time and I have a really massive respect for guys like Chammy and others. It's not all fun and games, and it can really stress a person out.

And for guys like Chammy complaining of the waiting time only makes it more of a pain and for some they may even say "screw it". There's things that go on on the other end of the computer we have no inkling of. So the best thing we can all do is wait patiently without hasseling the poor guy that is doing us all a favor by putting together quality stuff here--something he doesn't have to do  mind you.

So give him a break. It'll be done.....when it's done. Plain and simple. Complaining will either result in crap rush work or cause him to snap and toss it out the window. So again, I suggest we all wait patiently and continue offering our support for a very busy man that is doing us all a big favor--period.

Holy cow, awesome comment.

More of this :)

hehehe, thanks. What can I say, I feel for the poor guy. biggrin_o.gif

Well, here is another teaser for the fans of CSM. This has some of the new sounds including incoming arty rounds, M4, M240 and M249 mostly. The vid is mostly for MaddMatt's Effects v4 which was released last week, which I was very taken aback by the awesomeness of.

Enjoy smile_o.gif

Wasn't sure what to call it - so I called it <span style='color:darkred'>ArmA Effectual</span> used after reading the definition of effectual:

<span style='color:olive'>Producing, or having adequate power or force to produce, an intended effect;</span>

ArmA Effectual Thumbnails

1.jpg

YouTube Link 9 minutes 31 seconds

<span style='color:olive'>ArmA Effectual depicts four USMC Platoons and one Special Forces Recond Squad touching down to re-capture the city of Obregan with artillery support, Army Transports and close air support from A-10s and an Army Apache.</span>

Patience is a virtue.

Sorry but ppl writing THIS expression are phrasemongers the worst kind!

Nobody is complaining except the wiseasses who camplaining about the "complainers"!

Chammy go ahead! Take your time! Love your mod!

nice video, just a few points though:

What script was it that enabled u to drag that other soldier into safety?

And chammy, love the work on the weapons, just think the DKSHM needs 2 sound a bit less flat , but otherwise fucking great work, i cant wait to download the final product.

Hi,

Loved the new movie Mr ArmaVidz !!!!!! Awesome stuff. I've not played Arma for a while now but this vid has made me want to play again biggrin_o.gif I really liked the bit of dialogue from transformers you used too.

Right I'm off to download some of the mods you used in the vid.

Thanks,

Steven.

Thanks fellas.

<span style='color:darkred'>@Winters1807</span>

That effect is part of the SLX modification Beta which Solus has provided access to. I had PM'd Solus a while back about a rumoured 'soldier drag' which I was very interested in for Arma movie making smile_o.gif What a nice guy! (Thanks Solus! )

<span style='color:darkred'>@Steven Breen</span>

Great to hear we got another Arma player back. I understand why you stopped playing. Now you can understand why I keep playing!!! biggrin_o.gif Chammy  inlove.gif  MaddMatt  inlove.gif Aimpoint  inlove.gif Boss & Needer inlove.gif etc. etc. etc. the list is sooooooo long!

If you download the hi-res version, you can hear the sounds a little better than the YouTube version. Something about youtube that kills all the quality. Of course - the crappy effect kinda gives the movies a 'I was there in the mud' feel LOL. As you can hear - the sounds are being worked on though! biggrin_o.gif

Please, don't jump on every comment. I'm sure Chammy is perfectly capable of speaking for himself and doesn't need others to say 'when it's done' for him.

Chammy, I'm not trying to rush the release, I hope you take the time you need to make this mod unforgettable. What I do wish is that you would provide us with a realistic estimate of the release date. Even if it would be June 2008. At least I'd know what to expect. I, like many others have been checking back with this topic for perhaps 6 months and all we've seen is 'soon'.

Greetings

Patience is a virtue.

Sorry but ppl writing THIS expression are phrasemongers the worst kind!

Nobody is complaining except the wiseasses who camplaining about the "complainers"!

Gee thanks for judging someone from behind the protection of a computer without knowing them. Ironic how you say "sorry" as well when you're not the slightest apologetic about forcing your verdict on a person. You don't know me, yet I'm a phrase monger (btw its two words not one) and a wise @$$ (again two words).

All for sticking up for Chammy when people make faces and complain it's taking forever to do, when he's just trying to give us the best product as possible and taking on home responsibilities.

(Notice how I never insulted anyone, but you did....tisk tisk)

Please, don't jump on every comment. I'm sure Chammy is perfectly capable of speaking for himself and doesn't need others to say 'when it's done' for him.

Chammy, I'm not trying to rush the release, I hope you take the time you need to make this mod unforgettable. What I do wish is that you would provide us with a realistic estimate of the release date. Even if it would be June 2008. At least I'd know what to expect. I, like many others have been checking back with this topic for perhaps 6 months and all we've seen is 'soon'.

Greetings

The thread is only three months old.

In his defense, there was an older thread before this one in the Mods Discussion forum. smile_o.gif

Greetings

The thread is only three months old.

You get the idea of what he is trying to say though. I have been watching this thread since it was at around page 12 hoping for new versions.

i've been watching from page one, but i have patience and i know that the longer we wait, the better it willbe

I knew someone had to remark on that. Obviously, as you well know armavidz, there was a thread before this one.

Btw, love the new vid, looks awesome! Especially the apache vs the uaz bit. You must have a powerfull rig to be able to record that quality...

edit: Ok, you actually got me to look up the old thread. It was started April 3rd, so actually for guys like me it's been 7 months.  wink_o.gif

What is the latest release availible of CSM?

Hello People!

I have a problem, when i am using chammys mod.

I have problems to use the M16A4ACOG + M203. I cant fire the M203.

Anyone else has this bug or is it just me??

Hello People!

I have a problem, when i am using chammys mod.

I have problems to use the M16A4ACOG + M203. I cant fire the M203.

Anyone else has this bug or is it just me??

you can't fire or you can't ear the sound when you fire the GL?

make sure you have the Grenads in your gear.

If you have the M203, like i once had and couln't also fire.. it's certainly a bug, but not chammy sound bug related ( i guess )

Just to say that i already seen this bug before, and i was using the chammy sounds v2. Though i think this bug is not related to chammy sounds.

I cant fire the GL and yes i have Grenades in my Gear. Chammys Mod is the one and only mod i am using. I dont use any other mod.

Maybe a bug in the original game??

maybe, not sure though.

I also use this sound mod as one of the primary mods.

Have to test it without the mod..

I can only test tonight, when i get home. Ill report later.

EDIT: Its later now: I tested ARMA with chammy version 2 using a grenadier and i could fire the GL M203.

It must have to to with other thing then the sound mod