Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

To be honest, random sounds like these would make me throw the mod into the recycle bin. I've been playing insurgency (the hl² mod) and i hate it when i was in a firefight, my weapon made a click and an insurgent is still around the corner. Now what, take out the knife? Forget it, dont bring a knife to a firefight. Then i have to reload: "Changing mags!". Excellent. The insurgent was just waiting for me of course he hears that and comes around.

Thats something you can do when in a firefight, were nobody further than 5 meters hears you, but not random.

Agreed. In online games the player can always say that stuff over comms anyway.

For the AI is would make them give away their position and what they're doing confused_o.gif

I think leave scripted stuff for other mods. This is a sound replacement mod wink_o.gif

Good point. Though it would be great and all, I could see the con's of such things as well. Then again pretty much everything has pro's and con's. some people will find appeal some won't, etc etc. But yeah I can see shouting "Reloading!!!!" giving your position away pretty damn fast lol.

Still there are other little things out there too, as I've mentioned. I think Chammy could do a great job with them, making the game much more lively for people. If someone doesn't want to download it, that's fine. No one forces anyone to download something. But it would still be nice to have those small additions thrown in. Especially for guys like me that just can't get their heads around how to do it themselves. Just doesn't make sense sitting there for an hour downloading XAM just to hear some extra sounds lol. Anyway, it's chammy's choice, not ours. So I'll wait and see. I know it'll be great with or without the little extra touches. smile_o.gif

generally shooting 30 or so rounds gives your position away too....

Haha true. But then you hide when you reload. Also, you don't want nearby enemies to know that you're reloading tounge2.gif

This isn't a scripted mod (at least I don't think so), so such scripted stuff is best left to other mods. Mods can always be made compatible with each other anyway. My effects mod works fine alongside any sound mod and the 6thsense.eu stuff. As well as other mods.

Yeah that would be horrible shooting at the enemy and then ducking into a bunch of bushes/trees. Then as they run past, you find out your clip is dry and go to reload,suddenly the enemy hears the bush scream out "RELOADING!" lol. Doh! crazy_o.gif

Right, I didn't think about the cons, and I completely forgot how annoying it is in Insurgency. Good thing whenever I play I'm on TS with my unit.

Anyway, can't wait for the next release, I keep checking every day just hoping that it will be.

Hey, this sounds great but the m16 sound is kinda jacked... it sounds like you tried to make an echo or something and the sound file just stops suddenly... I cant really explain it but when you fire... it sounds like you can hear it in the distance but then the sound just suddenly stops...

Hey, this sounds great but the m16 sound is kinda jacked... it sounds like you tried to make an echo or something and the sound file just stops suddenly... I cant really explain it but when you fire... it sounds like you can hear it in the distance but then the sound just suddenly stops...

Agreed: the echo on several weapons stops too early.

It would be too bad that a kickass sound mod ends up half-finished. Especially with all the outstanding work done so far! wink_o.gif

Otherwise great job!

what I've missed in the sound mods are the only sound BIS got perfectly right and that was the vanille m16 sound, with metal clang when u fire the beast.

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>Stay tuned. Due to a slight oversight on my part some of the newest candidates for v1.0 were not heard. Since I'm working on a couple videos now,for a couple other mods, you'll be able to hear the new sounds that were not heard in the videos: Mod Retalliation or TrueRangeAi.</span></span></span>

Catch is I can't give you an ETA  wink_o.gif

Also dudes  don't worry about the CSM ver1.0 not being complete or 'near perfectly complete' that's why it's taking so long  crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>Rock on</span></span>

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>Stay tuned. Due to a slight oversight on my part some of the newest candidates for v1.0 were not heard. Since I'm working on a couple videos now,for a couple other mods, you'll be able to hear the new sounds that were not heard in the videos: Mod Retalliation or TrueRangeAi.</span></span></span>

Catch is I can't give you an ETA wink_o.gif

Also dudes don't worry about the CSM ver1.0 not being complete or 'near perfectly complete' that's why it's taking so long crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>Rock on</span></span>

Rock on indeed!

I hope sometime you can release the sounds that have been completed (a list, not the actually sounds). ^_^

need sound before.. i die.. he..lp.. must hear sounds... notworthy.gif

of course me and many others just depend on this soundmod as its the best tounge2.gif

need sound before.. i die.. he..lp.. must hear sounds... notworthy.gif

of course me and many others just depend on this soundmod as its the best tounge2.gif

TRUE! I depend on these sounds!

But i wouldn't wait for a release before patch 1.09..

Am i wrong?

EDIT: indeed these sounds are the Best around. I have a feeling they will be much better then they are.

I really like these sounds, as they fit my likings much better than FDF. As for their realism, I truly can't say, as I've never been on an actual battlefield.

Let's hope Chammy will keep working on it and improving all sounds of the game. I'd really like to hear loud choppers, various engine sounds and more random sounds all around.

This mod improves the immersion factor so much, for me, I can't play without it. Keep us informed on the improvements underway and the fate of the mod in itself. Thanks Chammy for your time wink_o.gif

Malick

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>@TrunkzJr</span></span>

I'll talk to Chammy about releasing a list. I have a total of 386 updated wss/wav files that Chammy sent over. there are alot more in progress on Chammy's end , and still yet more to update. If it were me, I wouldn't want to take time away from working on the mod itself though  smile_o.gif

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>@Matt Rochelle</span></span>

Just doing up a vid for MaddMatt's Effects. Matt didn't ask for the vid, but for mine, yours and his entertainment, why not! I'm blowin' stuff up again! That'll be out asap. So at least you'll get an idea of what's coming. As well as see Matt's new badass effects!

You may just need an oxygen tank and some valume after hearing the new sounds. I did. ROFL <span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>Rock On!</span></span>

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>@bravo 6</span></span>

We can neither confirm nor deny a 1.09 release. I suppose that would be determined by the 1.09 release itself; as speculation about time frame for 1.09 is still iffy, yes?   crazy_o.gif

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>@Malick</span></span>

Thanks for the compliments about CSM, we appreciate it. Rest assured, the team is still workin away. RL has a habit of dictating the progress. As well, there's alot to update. Hopefully, we all get more time.  smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:Tahoma'>Rock On</span></span></span> pistols.gif

Can anyone else hear the faint "Oh sh1t" (or something along those lines) while firing the M16A4?

I love this mod! But i find myself lipsyncing that line every time i squeese the trigger biggrin_o.gif

LMAO! Yeah, I just noticed that  lol. Well, definitly that will be taken out...um... I threw it in there to see who would spot it first and win a prize!

No seriously  lol. Yes, all has been changed so far; veh, air, some voices and the annoying bleeps in the cockpit warning and radio bleep, even some combat jingle. Added GBU explosions so you wont hear the AT Impact sound when you drop a bomb, added bullet cracks, I'm still trying to figure out how we can implement the combat ambience. Its easy in OFP  crazy_o.gif

Can anyone else hear the faint "Oh sh1t" (or something along those lines) while firing the M16A4?

I love this mod! But i find myself lipsyncing that line every time i squeese the trigger biggrin_o.gif

Is it released?

Is it released?

That was from a video i think.

notworthy.gif R notworthy.gif O notworthy.gif C notworthy.gif K notworthy.gif ON

Patience is a virtue. Let me just say, for private use on those cold boring nights I've been combining stuff for my own gamining time and I have a really massive respect for guys like Chammy and others. It's not all fun and games, and it can really stress a person out.

And for guys like Chammy complaining of the waiting time only makes it more of a pain and for some they may even say "screw it". There's things that go on on the other end of the computer we have no inkling of. So the best thing we can all do is wait patiently without hasseling the poor guy that is doing us all a favor by putting together quality stuff here--something he doesn't have to do mind you.

So give him a break. It'll be done.....when it's done. Plain and simple. Complaining will either result in crap rush work or cause him to snap and toss it out the window. So again, I suggest we all wait patiently and continue offering our support for a very busy man that is doing us all a big favor--period.