Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Are those crappy map loading screens also going to be changed along with the menu screen?

What does that have to do with a sound mod? crazy_o.gif

Yeah i'd rather Chammy work on his sound mod then spend extra of what little time he has on other stuff. Maybe BIS will decide to change it to something nice in the next patch.

from what i have read they plan to change manu music and rework some backround stuff and so on, so it will be kinda like total conversion mod. Just read about it a couple of pages earlier.

Are those crappy map loading screens also going to be changed along with the menu screen?

What does that have to do with a sound mod? crazy_o.gif

Earlier EvEnLeaSe44 mentioned (page 22)that there will be new menu music in Chammy´s mod, just wondering about if there´s going to be new menu backgrounds along with the music...something else than the Arma AAAAAOOOOOOAAAHHHHHH...choir shit.

@ (ST6)Predator - it will be better if you PM me as chammy is extremly busy, ill answer all questions...

@ ubernoob & TrunkzJr - We plan on changing the music... and maybe also the background... we will see i guess  whistle.gif  

In addons descussion the new thread for V1.0 of chammys mod has begun, if you'd like to head there to talk more of the next release.

Other thread click here <<<

Hey Chammy whats going on ? Weeks ago i wrote a P.M to you !

Til Today no answer !

greetz

(ST6)Predator

Hey Pred, I didnt get any PM, and I cleared out my mail box cause it was full. wink_o.gif

Whats up?

As for music, I changed it up and added some Lamb of God, Meshuggah, Bleeding Through, stuff like that.

The background, may be a bit too much, but I guess we can.

<span style='color:#333399'>Hey Chammy, you should add some Guns 'N Roses or some old Metallica</span>

biggrin_o.gif  inlove.gif

Til Today no answer !

greetz

(ST6)Predator

Hey Pred, I didnt get any PM, and I cleared out my mail box cause it was full. wink_o.gif  

Whats up?

As for music, I changed it up and added some Lamb of God, Meshuggah, Bleeding Through, stuff like that.

Hey Chammy "

Please ask "EvEnLeaSe44" I wrote him also a PM with nearly same contents !

I think thats the better way than everything be written once again .

Greezzz

(ST6)Predator

<span style='color:#333399'>Hey Chammy, you should add some Guns 'N Roses or some old Metallica</span>

biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Yepp up for that!

Chammy = when realism matters

Metallica = Nothing else matters wink_o.gif

Til Today no answer !

greetz

(ST6)Predator

Whats up?

Will there be the option to change this music, lamb of god to more preferable tolerable music?

This is turning to be a menu music thread...well my choice would be:

Disturbed - Stricken. (some other songs are cool too)

This mod is horrible. My breathing while running is louder then a TOW missile exploding 20 feet away from me. There could be a nuclear weapon exploding one town over and you'd never hear the damn thing. My own gunshots are about as loud as throwing a baseball into a sand dune.

The irony is that the tagline is "When realism matters". Realism where, on the damn moon?

In regards to music, why not just make it so we can add our own music instead of:

1) Bloating the install file with half a gig of some teenangsters shitty metal because it makes him feel like a rebel.

2) Making me listen to some 8 year old driving around whose favorite song is "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor".

@ Uranium - 235 - Thanks for the feedback, but please keep it light as we already know of the volume issues and this was only a beta as the next release will be a lot better...

I will not report you. But watch the language and the way you say things please.

1) Bloating the install file with half a gig of some teenangsters shitty metal because it makes him feel like a rebel.

2) Making me listen to some 8 year old driving around whose favorite song is "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor".

Although your post was just downright rude, I do strongly agree with those two points. I understand a lot of our younger community members are heavily into that whole 'metal' thing, but please think of us guys who like other music, too. I personally love the older rap styles, the '90s stuff, when it still meant something; rappers like Eazy E, 2Pac and Biggie. Now imagine how you'd feel if I made a nice mod which made it compulsory for you to listen to that. smile_o.gif

hi i use your soundmod and i must aree, dont change the music cus

its really easy to do if you want

The music would be switchable anyway.

While I don't know the exact songs Chammy is dropping in, I would trust Chammy's choice in that it would 'fit.' End of story.

And if you think the beta of the mod is shitty, as always everyone on the team welcomes and appreciates your input, but flame-baiting is by no means a form of reply posting anyone on this mod team cares to be a part of. Please be a little more constructive.

Thanks,

pistols.gif

ArmAVidz

guys really you stare at a menu for a whole of three seconds the type of desire of music doesnt really matter all it needs to do is set the mood well its not like your going to have to sit there and listen to music you do not like for 10 minutes or anything after saying that indeed the so far original choices may not be the best or maybe they are id just like to add that small thought into the convo just remember guys there have been many times that music has been in movies that alone you did not like but you personally think was appropriate at the moment its the same here

"More constructive"? Well excuse me for being a little pissed off after spending the time downloading and figuring out how to make this thing work only to find out that it makes the game ridiculously unplayable and that the little 'video' on the first post seems to be entirely faked.

Beta implies the product is mostly done and needs polish. Beta is NOT a way to dodge criticism about a poor product or as an excuse for extremely slow progress. If you didn't want negative feedback why even release this? You had to know damn well what the response would be. This isn't beta. This is barely even alpha.

guys really you stare at a menu for a whole of three seconds the type of desire of music doesnt really matter all it needs to do is set the mood well its not like your going to have to sit there and listen to music you do not like for 10 minutes or anything after saying that indeed the so far original choices may not be the best or maybe they are id just like to add that small thought into the convo just remember guys there have been many times that music has been in movies that alone you did not like but you personally think was appropriate at the moment its the same here

Please use proper grammar as your post is just nearly impossible to figure out without getting a headache.

Anyway, most movies refrain from using heavy metal so your point is moot. Movies usually go for tunes that fall in good ears with anyone listening, so called "general" themes that you'll neither hate nor like. They're just there to set a mood. If movies would specifically be using heavy metal, it'd be a movie aimed at that age-group and "type" of people.

Don't add heavy metal to your mod just so you can show how much of a rebel you are. If you must, just add your musical preference to the credits or something. smile_o.gif

And Uranium, shut up.

"More constructive"? Well excuse me for being a little pissed off after spending the time downloading and figuring out how to make this thing work only to find out that it makes the game ridiculously unplayable and that the little 'video' on the first post seems to be entirely faked.

Beta implies the product is mostly done and needs polish. Beta is NOT a way to dodge criticism about a poor product or as an excuse for extremely slow progress. If you didn't want negative feedback why even release this? You had to know damn well what the response would be. This isn't beta. This is barely even alpha.

It's 58MB's. The team welcomes both positive and negative feedback but you are just being immature, rude and impatient.

No videos for this mod were 'faked.' There is no point in that. Nobody is dodging any critiscm. As a matter of fact, we're taking note.

Check your Inbox for a PM. wink_o.gif

What goes to metal-theme song criticism, I just happen to like metal...of course classical works also like in FDF-mod,(Sibelius-Finlandia) and I sure WISH I still was a "teenager"...I´m waay over 30...old and tired...hair turning grey...smelling drugs&sweat...an old man...wobbly legs...with wife and kids...no life...BUT ARMA! nener.gif

@Uranium 235: there are other soundmods you can try, no reason to soil your pants if you don´t happen to like Chammy´s mod.

Uranium - 235, you can make your point without swearing and disrespect.

+1 WL.

Great mod, personally I love the sounds.

But on the music issue how about some OFP with a mix of FDF style songs. They had a great mix of music, perfect for any types of moods.

But overall the mod is great adds a lot of atmosphere love the AH1 sound. notworthy.gif

Did you pay for this? Did you do ANYTHING to deserve the opportunity to use this? THANK them you insufferable human being! Since you seem to be new here let me quote a common phrase in the addon threads "The makers don't owe you SQUAT!" This is free, the modders give up their RL, and their talent grows over time. It's aggressively negative people like YOU who get in the way of growth and great things.

I do apologize for the rant Chammy;Franze, petty self-important people really pull my pin.

@ (ST6)Predator - it will be better if you PM me as chammy is extremly busy, ill answer all questions...

Im still waiting for my answer ! nener.gif

Please use proper grammar as your post is just nearly impossible to figure out without getting a headache.

Anyway, most movies refrain from using heavy metal so your point is moot. Movies usually go for tunes that fall in good ears with anyone listening, so called "general" themes that you'll neither hate nor like. They're just there to set a mood. If movies would specifically be using heavy metal, it'd be a movie aimed at that age-group and "type" of people.

Don't add heavy metal to your mod just so you can show how much of a rebel you are. If you must, just add your musical preference to the credits or something. smile_o.gif

And Uranium, shut up.

hey grammer isnt everyones strong suet, but i will try; btw i think i wrote that after 28 hours of having no sleep. Your point has been made, but as i said maybe the music isn't correct or maybe it is. Personally, i have not heard the specific songs mentioned, and most likely neither have you. I am a metal fan, but i also understand that not all metal is the same. Possibly metal could be used but only the softer side of it. Do i want to open arma to screamo? No i don't at all, but i realize that metal has a lot of variety and some good mood music could come out of it. all I'm saying is give it a chance maybe chammy could throw up a video of a menu with the music, and we could all see if it works well. In the end, its always chammy's choice and if he likes metal and wants it on his mod then so be it. I do understand that you are just requesting that he does not do so. Yet, this whole being a rebel stuff is crap. I like metal cause i like the way it sounds, not cause i want to do a kilo of cocaine and fight the man. I do not dress gothic, and believe in my government, some sections more than others wink_o.gif. Even in your worst case scenario that metal makes it on the menu all you have to do is quick get into a server or sp. I know that if we was talking about putting country on the menu id beg him not to also but if it did end up on there it wouldn't be that bad. Oh and was this any easier to read? If it isn't I'm sorry and i tried.

@Mod Franze i agree he deserved a wp, but for my own reference i saw no curse words in his text. If "pissed off"(sorry for using it if it is bad i just need to know and it was the only way i could ask) is a bad word, which normally i would assume it isn't, could you please post that it is or pm me with an exact list of curse words since i have myself used those words.