Sign in to follow this  
raedor

AI sandbag-bugfix "addon" v1.1

Quote[/b] ]damn ? i s it right ?

sad_o.gif

they can shoot at you, but they didnt see you ? without heavily scripting , it's then not usable banghead.gif

finally, i really think arma AI engine is the MAJOR lack of this game.

Just read the thread.... banghead.gif

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]How exactly are you making the object work with the AI?

Is it a matter of defining my objects class as one of the above mentioned classes..or am i reading this wrong?

To my understanding raedor did the following:

set the destrType of Fence, FenceWood and FenceWoodPalet to DestructNo and automatically applies _this select 0 setDamage 1 for all those objects in their inits via the config.

This is basically the old OFP workaround that we were not able to use with Arma anymore. Running his .pbo with the config changes for the objects in question does that now.

Funny thing that i tried that 'destrtype = no' earlier... But it didn't work (they went down with explosion). but most likely i just douple hazzled or something as it seems to work now smile_o.gif

did Raedor's/Suma's trick consist something of changing class of fencewalls to something else... from Civilian to strategic or something else?

@djfrogstar & Second: All I'm doing is overwriting the existing sandbag classes (FenceWood and FenceWoodPalet) and adding the destructNo and EH init entires. Maybe you did something wrong with overwriting, Second?

@djfrogstar & Second: All I'm doing is overwriting the existing sandbag classes (FenceWood and FenceWoodPalet) and adding the destructNo and EH init entires. Maybe you did something wrong with overwriting, Second?

Well i'm beginner in addon making, so most likely it's just me... I didn't even know that it's possible (or easy) to override stuff wow_o.gif

You can overwrite stuff since ArmA smile_o.gif

Last call, people, I'm gonna add 2-3 new objects and release it this WE. If you want something to be included, give me a note!

AI shooting from behind cars, tanks, trucks.... all vehicles

AI better shooting from fortress/ inside buildings

Quote[/b] ]AI shooting throught "solid" objects is not a mystery in 1.08

I have noticed this too sometimes on urban areas. I have been killed several times by AI from places that just made me wonder from where the heck did he take the shot? Just as if it was fired through a building or two.

EDIT: One object that comes into mind right away is the wooden fence that you can fire over when standing.

You could add the small shed with sand bags, the fortress types and all fences (wire, sand bags).

Can't really think of any other, right now...

Malick

It'd be good if they could also fire around the piles of rubbish

(the ones with the washing machines) and the derelict cars.

Real soldiers would avoid obvious cover like that of course

but it'd be good in a game.

That's what I'm using now:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Fence;

SBGFIX(Fence,FenceWood);

SBGFIX(Fence,FenceWoodPalet);

SBGFIX(Fence,Wire);

class BarrelBase;

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrels);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel1);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel2);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel3);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel4);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel5);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel6);

class Camera1;

SBGFIX(Camera1,Computer);

SBGFIX(Camera1,Radio);

class PaletaBase;

SBGFIX(PaletaBase,Paleta1);

SBGFIX(PaletaBase,Paleta2);

class Strategic;

SBGFIX(Strategic,JeepWreck1);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,JeepWreck2);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,JeepWreck3);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,BMP2Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,M113Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,UralWreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,BlackhawkWreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,Body);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,datsun01Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,datsun02Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,hiluxWreck);

class NonStrategic;

SBGFIX(NonStrategic,HumpsDirt);

SBGFIX(NonStrategic,RoadBarrier_light);

Any further wishes? smile_o.gif

Yes! Please don't forget fortress1 and fortress2! Well, at least the "open" one, the square pillbox. The AI probably won't find the holes on the big, closed hump of sandbags and camo nets. Thanks in advance!

Is it possible you post a complete list of objects you have added in this addon? thumbs-up.gif

I can see the above list but am not really sure if thats included any more requests you got.

Sure, here's the current list. Thanks for hosting! smile_o.gif<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class Fence;

SBGFIX(Fence,FenceWood);

SBGFIX(Fence,FenceWoodPalet);

SBGFIX(Fence,Wire);

class BarrelBase;

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrels);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel1);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel2);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel3);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel4);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel5);

SBGFIX(BarrelBase,Barrel6);

class Camera1;

SBGFIX(Camera1,Computer);

SBGFIX(Camera1,Radio);

class PaletaBase;

SBGFIX(PaletaBase,Paleta1);

SBGFIX(PaletaBase,Paleta2);

class Strategic;

SBGFIX(Strategic,Fortress1);

SBGFIX(Fortress1,Fortress2);

SBGFIX(Strategic,JeepWreck1);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,JeepWreck2);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,JeepWreck3);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,BMP2Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,M113Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,UralWreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,BlackhawkWreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,Body);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,datsun01Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,datsun02Wreck);

SBGFIX(JeepWreck1,hiluxWreck);

class NonStrategic;

SBGFIX(NonStrategic,HumpsDirt);

SBGFIX(NonStrategic,RoadBarrier_light);

};

/edit: Just saw a small typo on your d/l-page: "Author: reador"... could you please fix this? whistle.gif

edit: Just saw a small typo on your d/l-page: "Author: reador"... could you please fix this? whistle.gif

Almost correct this time (my "typing skills" always make me type your name wrong)

Error fixed  banghead.gif

Thanks for that list of objects, page updated  thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for this very good fix!

sweet the new version works even a little bit better than previously smile_o.gif love it that i can setup a.i's at good defensive positions holding special areas in cities and bases now instead of having them run around like random spooked birds biggrin_o.gif

This addon will be very useful for our thursday's MP coop event smile_o.gif thanks!

Excuse ones ignorance does this mean that anyone who plays on my server must also have this mod loaded?

Cheers chaps.

Let's hope this "bug fix" will come with the next BIS's patch.

eusa_pray.gif

Excuse ones ignorance does this mean that anyone who plays on my server must also have this mod loaded?

Cheers chaps.

Yes. The affected models are going to disappear or something like that if you don't have this addon.

Cheers chaps.

Yes. The affected models are going to disappear or something like that if you don't have this addon.

Thanks for the feedback raedor. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure if this has the same effect but what about changing the side of the object to side LOGIC instead of EMPTY (via mission.sqm) instead of using this method?

If it can help, in OFP i found the AI to be capable of firing over wood fences by just adding

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">side=4;

that was used by the class All and some object/buildings (game logic was side=7; ).

This way the AI did not considered the wood fences as civilians (side=3; ) anymore and from my tests had no more problems at firing over them.

If it can help, in OFP i found the AI to be capable of firing over wood fences by just adding

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">side=4;

that was used by the class All and some object/buildings (game logic was side=7; ).

This way the AI did not considered the wood fences as civilians (side=3; ) anymore and from my tests had no more problems at firing over them.

How does one make this change?

I have found a problem with the 1.1 sandbags; AI will not fire at units that are behind the sandbags. The units defending the position will fire, but they are not fired upon. How can this be fixed?