Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Marines & VDV

@Shadow NX

At special operations they won't wear any patch.

they usually wear on left this

vdv.jpg

and on the right the patch where they belong to eg

simvol.gif

little vid (with music confused_o.gif )

VDV+spetznas video

Thanks for you help guys, your knowledge leads us biggrin_o.gif

Update:

Weapons are 100% tested and ready to be fired, some changes have been made since the pictures I posted (18 weapons) I made 100% new textures for the AK-74M I wasn't happy with the weapon and also something you can't see but... I changed all iron sights big time.

Something I'm still not 100% happy are the scopes but bionic will be helping us in Version 2 modeling 2 new scopes for us so for now the scopes will do fine but for the future they will be a lot better for certain, since I'm a very bad modeler.

All beta testers please contact me over msn, ty wink_o.gif

Also you guys are weapons free now, take the screens you want and post them if you feel like it wink_o.gif

Hey Skaven, it's looking great - sorry, I haven't read all the pages, are you considering making the Vepr (bullpup) rifle too? I know it's not Russian, but it's a cool looking weap smile_o.gif

Just thought I'd ask smile_o.gif

Stew

@Shadow NX

confused_o.gif )

VDV+spetznas video

If that info is correct then the riddle is finally solved, so the specific units patch just replaces the russian flag patch and on the other side they have the usual branch patch.

But i have my doubts couse on the pic by Leptailurus the setup is a different one.

Oh and thanks for the video, really intresting stuff there.

Quote[/b] ]Hey Skaven, it's looking great - sorry, I haven't read all the pages, are you considering making the Vepr (bullpup) rifle too? I know it's not Russian, but it's a cool looking weap

Not for now mate biggrin_o.gif

If we would start to add weapons because they look cool then well end up with a 132 weapons pack i think.

What i would like to see myself is a Pecheneg to replace the PKM cause it makes sense, is russian... and also cool ^^

Hi, why don't you ask Nephilim for use her über pimp and horny AK74M

models?. Let's C ya

As shes a perfectionist i doubt she wants to see her stuff mixed with others work.

@Shadow NX

confused_o.gif )

VDV+spetznas video

If that info is correct then the riddle is finally solved, so the specific units patch just replaces the russian flag patch and on the other side they have the usual branch patch.

But i have my doubts couse on the pic by Leptailurus the setup is a different one.

Oh and thanks for the video, really intresting stuff there.

Shadow,

You are basically correct, the new set-up (circa mid 2006) is that the flag patch on the left is replaced by the unit patch, while the unit patch on the right is replaced by the branch of service patch.

Unfortunately both the unit and the branch of service patches are undergoing redesign at this moment so you will see different patches depending on when or where the pictures were taken.

I am super busy at work right now, but I will try to post some sample pictures this evening (EST).

Peace,

DreDay

Release is close people, just one day and a half left smile_o.gif

Here's 3 pictures taken by Wilco while beta testing our work, ty mate wink_o.gif

Note that the soldiers helmets and the AK74M are both from the old version, new ones look a lot better smile_o.gif

Russian.jpg

Russian2.jpg

Russian3.jpg

Damn it! inlove.gif

Can't wait to replace all default BIS East unit's with thouse. yay.gif

Thouse units remindes me back to the AWESOME OFP GRU Speznat.

Bulletproof vest? Cool smile_o.gif

Wonderfull work guy's! thumbs-up.gif

AMAZING WORK! Maybe when you release it we can use it as our default Opfor? Mix the marines and the vdv, well thats and idea and once again..... OUTSTANDING WORK!! yay.gifyay.gifwow_o.gif

2 Shadow NX

about the patches))) There is now wonder that you're confused))) because up to 2006 there was no discipline in wearing patches as well as camouflage, many soldiers have worn the unofficial (so called) commercial patches which you have seen on many pics. That is one of the reason that the round shaped pathes for all were made. I wrote about the patch reform above. All of the patches would be replased 'til 2009 for the new round shaped ones. The discipline with wearing them is 100%. Since 2006 the attention to uniform is increasing.

so, for 106 Guard VDD (Tula)

1997 - 2001

LEFT

RIGHT

2001 - 2006

LEFT

RIGHT

since 2006 new (the 106 VDD just got their official new patch (which I've already posted here) about two month ago, so by the end of this year all of the soldiers will wear it and you'll see it in the pics)

LEFT

RIGHT

Now the pics with new patches from the trainig of 76 VDD (Pskov) (which is also very known and recieved the official patch earlier than 106) this spring.

non-camouflage

As for marines I'll get you the pics with new patches (don't have time now, sorry). So Right shoulder is as I posted in my first post here, the eagle with ancors, and the left is the old marines ones (because they don't have the new ones yet). And yes, the one with tiger is for Pacific Fleet.

And a few pics of camouflage for vehicles of 76 Guard VDD (Pskov) (which is now DShD - Desantno Shturmovaya Divisia - Airborne Assault Division).

Can you maybe upload the pics to imageshack or something cause a few of them wont work, especially the newest set.

Edited the stuff yesterday just to find out today that its wrong again, hehe, well need to ask Cameron if he already started to edit the normals again so we maybe can add the correct patches before release.

Btw mate, you also got some newest patches for one of the better marine units?

Personally i always liked the marines more cause their better units got more firepower and are also para qualified but it seems the guys here have a VDV fetisch smile_o.gif

Add the correct patches, mate, but try and get the work to me so I can edit it. I'll be on MSN tomorrow, hopefully. The patches won't take very long at all. wink_o.gif

Which pics don't work???

I can e-mail them to you (it'll be timesaving for me because have to much work now, sorry), or if I have time later today I'll try to load them then.

Concerning the marines, unfortunatly (for me as well 'cause I like Navy more too), none of the units got hte new official patch yet. The Heraldry Service of Defence Department can not find consensus with Navy Heraldry Service about them, so right now there are just few new official patches for Navy, even the Navy Command doesn't have the new one yet... But all of them will)))) This weekend we have Navy Day, so may be some new patches will be presented.

Those patches are killing me biggrin_o.gif

Cam&Steve tommorow is the release day so please try to give it to me on time, ty smile_o.gif

Which pics don't work???

I can e-mail them to you (it'll be timesaving for me because have to much work now, sorry), or if I have time later today I'll try to load them then.

Concerning the marines, unfortunatly (for me as well 'cause I like Navy more too), none of the units got hte new official patch yet. The Heraldry Service of Defence Department can not find consensus with Navy Heraldry Service about them, so right now there are just few new official patches for Navy, even the Navy Command doesn't have the new one yet... But all of them will)))) This weekend we have Navy Day, so may be some new patches will be presented.

If possibel maybe put them in folders with the year and zip or rar them and send them to info_rhs@gmx.de, thanks in advance.

At least one points to a russian forum where you cant view things as a non member, on the 106th i got a good unit patch but not for this other unit you posted.

@Skaven, yeah i know its nasty so short before release thats why i realised that i wont give any releasedates out myself ^^

Think Cameron will be able to edit things so quickly?

Quote[/b] ]Think Cameron will be able to edit things so quickly?

He better or we send our new boys after him biggrin_o.gif

@Cam, tell us when?

Thanks a lot mate these will be very handy.

The new 106th patch sucks though, hehe, wonder how the members of the unit feeled when they had to replace their nice old oen with this... erm... winged something tounge2.gif

Btw you have the same stuff for marines by any chance?

Even if you just got the very latest setup it would be enough.

Is there maybe a page where the new patches are shown to inform the public about the changes?

Also did they also change hatpins and such?

Throw the textures to me right now, Steve, if you can, and I'll get them done within 30 minutes, and back to Pedro or you whenever you're on MSN next. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks a lot mate these will be very handy.

The new 106th patch sucks though, hehe, wonder how the members of the unit feeled when they had to replace their nice old oen with this... erm... winged something  tounge2.gif

Btw you have the same stuff for marines by any chance?

Even if you just got the very latest setup it would be enough.

Is there maybe a page where the new patches are shown to inform the public about the changes?

Also did they also change hatpins and such?

biggrin_o.gif As you could see from my post with various new VDD patches (for all divisions) they made them unified... like one composition with the distinctive thing for each unit. And also have removed all animals as not complied with history tradition on which I agree)).

As for marines, I wrote above - that there is no new patches yet available... hope to see them soon. I'll sent you the present variant... which will be replased as soon as new pathches will suit the Navy))))

Unfortunatly there no specific page. Our Heraldry Service of Defence Deparment doesn't like to make presentations))) all the info is from the service's employees, Defence Department's documents and pages of uniform fans, which are also visited by Heraldry Service of Russia and Defence Dept.

aaand concerning the hatpins - yes, there is a plan to change pin, I have the pic, and all of the Heraldry Services (Defence Dept. and Russian Federation) approved it, and now we are waiting for september - for Defence minister to finally approve it.))))) so for now you can use old ones))))