And here is how the real patch for VDV look like VDV patch

aaand in case if you gonna make infantry

right shoulder - infantry (right) the bottom one

left shoulder

58 th Army

22nd Army

29th Army

36th Army

All of them have dark green background just because of the scan it's black in the pics

4th Guard Tank Div.

aaaand the new belt since 2001 it is black

take the white out on the helmet of the specular map

thatll reduce the shining smile_o.gif

take the white out on the helmet of the specular map

thatll reduce the shining smile_o.gif

I think crappy steel helmets are standard gear in entire eastern europe.

They are painted half-matt or matt, of course, but after some wearing they get polished and paint gets shiny.

Or do they wear some new kind of gear?

White? What white?  confused_o.gif

np_soldier_steelhelmet_smdi.jpg

PS - If this isn't the spec map, please smack me on the head; I've been living a lie.

PPS. Panda - the Marines and VDV are meant to be wearing helmet covers which definitely don't shine.

Cameron: he ment white in the channels.

Of course ther eis no white. White would make the helmets shine white, without texture visible from below the shinness...

Like polished alluminium.

He ment: darken the helmet.

The scale on specular map is from black to white, but IRL all the objects have some shinness in the moderate range, so we don't use full scale.

So, darken the spec map itself? I'll have a crack, then.

Well... the area of the map that covers the helmet, not the whole map ofcourse. Yes.

Yeah, that map I posted was for the entire helmet. Thanks for your help mate. Great job with your work elsewhere, btw!

Wow, I really like the look of that Black Sea camo. If we do any marine specific vehicles I think that would look great.

...finally! Steve, Pedro - I've got something for you both...

Thanks Neph + Panda, been trying for a coupla days to get this solved.

HelmFixed.jpg

@ Griffon79 - Ty mate your reference material will be a great help for Version 2, if you have more please keep it coming  wink_o.gif

@ nephilim&Panda[PL] - Ty both.

@ Cameron -  Taking the white out means to take the white from the Alpha Channel instead of the texture directely (if I got the idea correctely, If I didn't than we're both lost hehe).

But you can do something else that will probably work, select the area around the helmet in the specular map and give it something between 10% and 30% of less brighness (so darken yes) than try it and see if it works.

I can help you out if you don't crack it, in case you do later send me those files by msn, ty Cam.

Quote[/b] ]...finally! Steve, Pedro - I've got something for you both...

Thanks Neph + Panda, been trying for a coupla days to get this solved.

You made me like 150 questions last time we were on the msn, next time ask me that one and I'll teach you (you'll save some days to be with your girlfriend) ahahahaha   biggrin_o.gif

AFAIK the specular and normal maps have no alpha (all white). The alpha channel content in case of normal maps was due to the .paa plugin bug.

We now have TV2 and you can check if it will remove alpha when converting _SM.paa files.

Good to see the helmet cover shininess is gone, maybe we can even replace the cover on the marines to a KZM one that seems more used than vsr, got that ready just in case.

As soem may have noticed i used a naval patch from pacific fleet on the Marines cause i was thinking it would fit a unit on Sahrani.

Whats the general opinion on that?

Rather use normal european theater patches?

Also about the patches posted, are they worn on the uniform like that?

I just ask cause on most pics you only see the typical generic patches like the star for the ground forces or the crossed rifles for mot.inf... however im bit lost when it comes to patches and their usage so someone enlighten me.

Quote[/b] ]AFAIK the specular and normal maps have no alpha (all white). The alpha channel content in case of normal maps was due to the .paa plugin bug.

We now have TV2 and you can check if it will remove alpha when converting _SM.paa files.

Than I think I have that bug in all my normal and specular maps, I'm pretty sure I have alpha channels in all of them. I only use TV2 for the normal textures.

On normal/specular maps I use photoshop plugin made by Kegetys, is there any advantage/disadvantage on this?

Quote[/b] ]Good to see the helmet cover shininess is gone, maybe we can even replace the cover on the marines to a KZM one that seems more used than vsr, got that ready just in case..

If you intend to change anything on the soldiers, talk to Cameron so he can normal map the new textures and then send them to me.

The soldiers are easier to beta test so if we change for better than let's do it  biggrin_o.gif

The weapons are closed and will not be changed any more, beta testing on them is like at 95% so it's closed  biggrin_o.gif

I just ask cause on most pics you only see the typical generic patches like the star for the ground forces or the crossed rifles for mot.inf... however im bit lost when it comes to patches and their usage so someone enlighten me.

Conserning the patches. Yes, all of them are worn on the uniform like that, here is the pic and

VDV

All those patches that you've mentioned (stars, crossed rifles) are withdrawn. Now (since 2001) the patches have the circle form and almost no animals, modern rifles, etc on them. The Heraldry Service of Army will complete all the patches until 2009. All the patches I've shown are official and now worn by the units.

Really really nice fellows, nice jubs and can't wait to get my hands on them!

Conserning the patches. Yes, all of them are worn on the uniform like that, here is the pic and

VDV

All those patches that you've mentioned (stars, crossed rifles) are withdrawn. Now (since 2001) the patches have the circle form and almost no animals, modern rifles, etc on them. The Heraldry Service of Army will complete all the patches until 2009. All the patches I've shown are official and now worn by the units.

Yes im aware of what goes where but i need to know if normal soldiers also get to wear the unit insignia you posted a page before.

I ask cause on nearly all marine pics you see the guys wear the russian federation standard patch with the flag and the anker in the red circle on the other sleeve.

Atm i didnt it like that only difference is for the round anker patch i used the one with the anker and the tiger that seem to refelct the marine units of the pacific fleet.

As you may have noticed our VDV wear the 106th Guards Patch of the Tula Airborne units but my question was rather why do soem units were those patches while on most pics you just see the generic patches like

http://www.taharn.net/toom/rd/vdv.jpg

&

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....svg.png

---

Or is the patch setup different like the 106th for example would have these two?:

http://www.taharn.net/toom/rd/vdv.jpg

&

http://content.answers.com/main....svg.png

or rather these two?:

---

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....svg.png

&

http://content.answers.com/main....svg.png

---

Im very clueless here, atm its liek in my last example which i think is right, but i still dont know what the generic patches are used for.

Is it maybe like the one with the standard patches are simple vdv and units like 106th are better quality vdv so they get their own patches?

OMG how confusing is that... now i see another variant, instead of the vdv patch with the flag on it they now have a standard patch that seems to be for all branches?

Is the old one ( second link in my other post ) obsolete today?

Great job and very good quality. I am in a hurry which you finish the addon.

I would be even happier if you would create RPK-74m, AKs-74m,AK-105 and Pecheneg with black stock and magazines.

It is just personal proposal.

I can't wait saturday.

Sorry for my bad english.