Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Marines & VDV

To add to the debate, there are only a couple of prototype drums for the RPK-74, which look nothing like the normal RPK drums.. They look like this (here mounted on a beltfed RPK74 prototype which could also take mags):

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365....5hx.jpg

The pictures on the previous page show a normal RPK in 7.62x39 in the first pic.. The middle picture is not an RPK, it's a chinese Ak with a chinese 7.62x39 drum.

And the last pic is a Chinese RPK variant with 7.62x39 drum..

RPK-74M looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/RPK74M/RPK74Ma.jpg

Also there was a remark about the muzzle nut on the AKM, the first AKM models had the muzzle nut from the Ak47, they changed to the slanted brake in 1962.

smile_o.gif

As usual the walking library Master FW200 biggrin_o.gif

That pic from the AK74M will be very handy, I needed a good side picture to make that magazine, ty wink_o.gif

About the slanted brake, I'll try to change it for this version, let's see how beta testing is going, if I have to change any of those models I will change the muzzle, if not in Version 2 I will.

Sweet!

How about making the 75 rounder (in 7.62x39) and beeing able to put it on the AKM(S)?

I just saw a documetary about the North Hollywood bank robbery in 1997, were the goblins had at least one AKM witch was used with the drum. Well, they had a shitload of weapons and about 3000 rounds of ammo too, but the heavy load was on the AKM. With drums. Me wants. Please bring us the drum. And let us put it on the AKM(S).  

yay.gif  nener.gif  pistols.gif  (Damn, we need more "ready for the lunapark" smilies)

There was another thread with Russian addons such as

this here

Is that still happening or is that stopped?

The reason I ask is because I see all these new Russian troops in this thread and no Russian vehicles like in the other.

smile_o.gif

About addyng more things too arma did somvan thinking about the truck for towing the tanks and ader hardver. There was a nice truck towing the t60 and i think it was a Turkey mod for ofp. The truck i m thinking about would be coll too see in arma. For same mision convoy tipe or saboter tipe and soo on. Litlle off topic but i so u were tolking off same more things too add. Just keep the good work. I cant weit too play with u Russian marines.

Hmm the MTLB seems like a good choice. And It would be a good base for the Shturm-S rather than doing it all from scratch.

Hmm the MTLB seems like a good choice. And It would be a good base for the Shturm-S rather than doing it all from scratch.

Yes, yes, yes yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  ...and may be Ka-29

(marines assault heli)Ka-29

Yes, yes, yes yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif ...and may be Ka-29

(marines assault heli)Ka-29

Somebody was doing a civillian version on the ArmedAssault.info forum. I messaged him about doing a military version but I'm not sure if he got back to me. I'll look into it though now that we have marines.

Somebody was doing a civillian version on the ArmedAssault.info forum. I messaged him about doing a military version but I'm not sure if he got back to me. I'll look into it though now that we have marines.

That would be GREAT!!!wink_o.gif)) I can give him the good pics of inside and outside.

Yeah indded would eb cool as i always loved the lil Ka-29.

About the vehicles, well i still got them and thanks to Plasman now as standalone addon.

Must talk to Skaven if he wants to release them along with the troops.

Iv been lurking this topic for awhile now and I love how things progress. Iv been waiting good Russian units since Arma came out. Now I see that someone is makeing my dream come true. Keep up good work! yay.gif

Yeah indded would eb cool as i always loved the lil Ka-29.

About the vehicles, well i still got them and thanks to Plasman now as standalone addon.

Must talk to Skaven if he wants to release them along with the troops.

That would be excellent!

I had vehicles reserved for Version 2 confused_o.gif

And not just reskins to be honest confused_o.gif

Besides, that will make me restart the beta testing all over again since I will have to change the structure of the pack, is it really important to release now, can't it just wait for Version 2?

If not... I'll do it but this will delay the release.

Besides, that will make me restart the beta testing all over again since I will have to change the structure of the pack, is it really important to release now, can't it just wait for Version 2?

I think it will be better to get these out and release the Russian vehicles as a more comprehensive pack, perhaps reskins of addons and a few whole new vehicles.

I think it will be better to get these out and release the Russian vehicles as a more comprehensive pack, perhaps reskins of addons and a few whole new vehicles.

Indeed, take your time Skaven and Shadow.

There is no need to rush the things out now.

Dont think well need to bundle the packs, the vehicles can be released on their own.

Or we indeed wait a bit and release a full russian pack for v2

Quote[/b] ]Dont think well need to bundle the packs, the vehicles can be released on their own.

And the Crew we made?

I believe we must join the vehicles and also that we should do regular infantry so we can take advantage of all weapons, please think about it for Version 2smile_o.gif

Now let's Focus on Version 1, first thing first, beta testing is going extremely well I think Saturday will defenetaly be the day of the release, is it ok for you Steve? biggrin_o.gif

Now you spoiled the surprise, but yes most probably xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now you spoiled the surprise, but yes most probably

After trying the textures you sent me yesterday I think it won't be hard to find new surprises from you biggrin_o.gif

Those are truly unbalievable my friend, we must use them on the GRU in version 2 wink_o.gif

could you release a replacement config with them ple ple please.... ? notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now you spoiled the surprise, but yes most probably  

After trying the textures you sent me yesterday I think it won't be hard to find new surprises from you biggrin_o.gif  

Those are truly unbalievable my friend, we must use them on the GRU in version 2  wink_o.gif

If you need normal maps, chuck 'em in. I don't mind doing the normal maps for the new patches, if you want them uber realistic (which I do). biggrin_o.gif

Edited the wepaons a little colour wise and swapped some textures ( especialyl on the RPK ), so now everything is definatly final ( for v1.0 that is smile_o.gif ).

Here are two teasers made by NSX:

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Oh and btw, anyone got a idea how we could get rid of the shining on the helmet?