Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Marines & VDV

Maybe post a few pics of the units with the new normals, would like to see em ( still got net for 2 hours at work, hehe ) but maybe brighten them a bit cause i had problems to make anything out on the last one smile_o.gif

ColonelSandersLite will be working with us providing you guys a replacement pack (optional). Ty Colonel wink_o.gif

CameronMcDonald finished his normal maps on the soldiers, in my opinion they are a state of art I will wait for him to post some pictures, it's his work. wink_o.gif

On a side note, a replacement pack needs an AK-74 I suppose, well and why not an AKMS too whistle.gif

AK74.jpg

AKMS.jpg

Quote[/b] ]CameronMcDonald finished his normal maps on the soldiers, in my opinion they are a state of art I will wait for him to post some pictures, it's his work.

Nah mate, you can take far better screenies than I. Please, go ahead, I'm too busy merging textures anyhoo. Great job on the '74 and AKMS. Reckon you could give the AKM a banana mag too?

Nice stuff, Pedro!

Quote[/b] ]Reckon you could give the AKM a banana mag too?

Roger Cameron wink_o.gif

Rus1.jpg

It's not visible in this pictures, but, I used a different tone for the specular map texture and it looks extremely good in game.

AKM.jpg

and a super beta 1p29, not even correctely applied on the model, originally from Suchey (Shadow you are supposed to be doing this mate) wink_o.gif

1p29.jpg

Gentlmen,

Great work. I truly appreciate what you are doing for the OFP community. However, I do have a small criticism. Please note that all of the AKM/AKMSs (except for the earliest models) have a slant muzzle break in order counter the climb in automatic fire.

AKMBreak.jpg

akm_gp25.jpg

This is the most visually distinguishable difference between the AK and AKM

Peace,

DreDay

Yes I know, the problem is that in like 90% of the pictures I have available in fact the muzzle is the one I made. Try making a search on google for AKM or AKMS and you will see what I mean.

But I can change this easily, can anyone confirm this?

Yes I know, the problem is that in like 90% of the pictures I have available in fact the muzzle is the one I made. Try making a search on google for AKM or AKMS and you will see what I mean.

But I can change this easily, can anyone confirm this?

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I was quite surprised as well when I saw it on google. However, I can also tell you that 90% of the Soviet/Warsaw Pact pictures from the 60s and 70s show the AKMs with the slant muzzle compensator....

The compensator is removable, so perhaps the google pictures show the rifles that have had it removed?

Anyways, maybe both versions could be included in your pack?

Peace,

DreDay

I always liked the 1P29.  These source images came directly from NPZ Optics when I emailed them asking for reference.

http://www.baconbomb.com/img/reticle.jpg

http://www.baconbomb.com/img/reticle_1.jpg

Feel free to re-use what you can and want from the MAP 1P29. I don't think the model is worth much now but the optic should still be useable.

ty Earl, your Marine Assault Pack is still a reference to me, I think it is to us all smile_o.gif

btw, tell us your back? We certainly miss you mate, do you remember the first weapon you made for OFP some years ago?

I think it was some kind of an M4 that used AK mags I remember I made you the config by your request biggrin_o.gif.

You know we even made a double mag rpk-74 inspired on your pack? Here's the picture wink_o.gif

RPK74dm.jpg

And this is the GR picture we learned to love, I think you may be familiarized with it wink_o.gif

earl.jpg

Wow...glad to see Earl is still coming by here.  I remember Earl's GR mods, they were the best IMHO.    notworthy.gif

I still remember the M40A3 sniper rifle Earl made but never released.  I always loved that rifle Earl...do you still have it laying around somewhere (I know it wasn't finished)?  

ofp_m40a3_00.jpg

Still looks good!   smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Skaven...that was Knight's Armaments Sr-47, if I remember correctly.

Thanks guys, SR-47 is right.  Those were the good old days.  I probably have everything backed up somewhere but haven't looked at any of it for years.  I finally learned to do config files myself too :-P

I'm always around but rarely get time for personal addons anymore.  There are a few things on the backburner that I would love to return to when time allows, however.  But we shouldn't derail the VDV and Naval Infantry thread too much.  Keep up the nice work!

Quote[/b] ]But we shouldn't derail the VDV and Naval Infantry thread too much.  Keep up the nice work!

Sorry about that...just glad to see that your still around checking out this forum.

GD Mast

Nice too see Earl posting in here aswell, when i remeber the old days, testing the Marines with him, Suchey, Blackdog and co, haha good times... especially when we did that shotgun deathmatch smile_o.gif

And the Spetsgruppa Vympel mod for GR *drool*, is there still a workign DL link to it anywhere btw?

@Skaven & Cameron

Outstanding work you guys did there, especially the new weapons are class smile_o.gif

Oh and as you most probably noticed my connection at home works again.

Hi,

Here are some pictures I took while betatesting smile_o.gif

11301601831184505569.jpg

11301601831184505589.jpg

11301601831184505607.jpg

hey u know the duck tape on the RPK change it to black or somthing looks like it stands out smile_o.gif also is there away to have a ammo drum on the RPK you can have the clip and the drum you can switch between the two what ever floats ur boat smile_o.gif

nice work keep it up and wheres my M1 carbine smile_o.gif or morisnagit rifle biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hey u know the duck tape on the RPK change it to black or somthing looks like it stands out smile_o.gif

Yes in black it looks a lot better (trust me I tried it), the problem is that they don't use black tapes confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]nice work keep it up and wheres my M1 carbine smile_o.gif or morisnagit rifle biggrin_o.gif

That's another thread, give me time mate biggrin_o.gif

I think the random looking blue tape is cool, makes it look much more authentic! These are killing devices machines, colour scheme isn't always top priority. pistols.gif

Can't wait for these.

Nice too see Earl posting in here aswell, when i remeber the old days, testing the Marines with him, Suchey, Blackdog and co, haha good times... especially when we did that shotgun deathmatch smile_o.gif

And the Spetsgruppa Vympel mod for GR *drool*, is there still a workign DL link to it anywhere btw?

/crawl out of my cavern

I uploaded it to filefront.

http://files.filefront.com/vympel+v100zip/;8060051;;/fileinfo.html

/crawl back into my cavern

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Here are some pictures I took while betatesting

ArmA just keeps getting better and better yay.gif

I think 18 weapons isn't bad for Version 1 and it will certainly balance the game for the East Side biggrin_o.gif

RusVr1Weap1.jpg

RusVr1Weap2.jpg

RusVr1Weap3.jpg

Looks good. Why not change the RPK's magazine to a drum one?They look much better.

Quote[/b] ]Looks good. Why not change the RPK's magazine to a drum one?They look much better.

Honestly? It's a little bit the same with the black tape instead of the blue one, in reality and in like 400 pictures I have in my computer the Russian Army uses this magazines a lot more. confused_o.gif

But again I'm open to suggestions and specially to learn from you guys, can anyone state for sure that they do use the drum regulary?

I really like the AK-74M's with the blue tape, makes them look distinct IMHO...... Over all I'm impressed with all that has been shown so far.... smile_o.gif