Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Marines & VDV

Well, as some may have noticed Skaven mentioned in the thread about his RACS units that he also works on another project...

Well here it is, a cooperative project between Skaven and yours truely Shadow NX wink_o.gif

Skaven did the main work like weapons, configs etc and i do the soldier textures and some other minor work.

The pack in its first version will feature Russian Federation Marines and VDV ( Paratroopers ) and also lots of new weapons.

The units are reskinned BI units and the weapons are based on heavy reworked CS weapons, parts of old RHS weapons ( also some never released RHS weapons ) and completely new stuff.

But for now i let pics speak:

desantmw9.th.jpg

morpehwa7.th.jpg

Release will be very soon.

Wow, those truly look awesome for reskins. wow_o.gif The weapons look great as well! Looking forward to these! thumbs-up.gif

Not great, fantastic work. Exelent work. Arma just gets beter and beter, and thenks too peapol like u ho r doing great addons. I will love too have the skill like u peapol and make same cool addon.

Just keep doing the fantastic work.

Looks very nice, and we can safely expect great looking (and great working) weapons. I just hope these taped magazines won't appear on every single AK, since its quite an optional thing in reality. You wont ever see a whole squad armed with AK's with taped magazines. Maybe one or two solders... Well, you catch my drift smile_o.gif

@Q1182

I beleive they are only on AK74M GP25 AK's

Looking forward to using these units in a mission.

As well as the outstanding quality thats apparent in the pictures its great to see community sharing and working together , very nice job all round and heres to many more collaborations .

notworthy.gif

Looks like the new model. very nice textures!! notworthy.gif

Im thankfull to have oyu in the ArmA community! Keep it up!

Awesome work, It'll be nice to have some proper VDV to ride in the BMD-1. The new weapons should look great with normal and spec maps too.

Just to clarify, there will be 15 weapons inside Version 1 pack biggrin_o.gif

All 15 are included in three categories, AK-74M, AKS-74 and AKM in future versions more classes will of course be added, some of this weapons for the sake of realism are only available inside the ammo box. btw, only 3 weapons have the blue tape, we were extremely careful choosing the weapons and the load outs.

I consider this my second step to try and balance our game a little bit, I think now the East will have the proper equipment and Soldiers to fight aganst West and Racs.

I was lucky to work side by side with Shadow NX, he's a great person and a great addon maker, also, I would like to mention two guys that have helped me since day 1, tpM and RobertHammer, last but not the least all this weapons are animated according to what I learned from Panda[PL] and SLX, to all of you, ty.

Now enough talking, some WIP pics for you guys to check wink_o.gif

AKp1.jpg

AKp2.jpg

AKp3.jpg

AKp4.jpg

Hey mate, not sure if Shadow_NX has passed on the results of my tests, but from what I saw while running them:

- Increase case ejection range of the weapons, at the moment it doesn't seem they'll be cycling the way the cases just plop out.

- Normal maps are going to be essential for the bodies of the VDV troops, and wouldn't hurt the Marines either.

- A bit of work needed in the library description text - a few errors in there (spelling/grammarwise).

- Any chance of a stock AK74 to replace the BIS one?

Anyway, great job, I'll also send you a PM asking for permission to use these in my little home project.

Quote[/b] ]- Increase case ejection range of the weapons, at the moment it doesn't seem they'll be cycling the way the cases just plop out.

Roger wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- Normal maps are going to be essential for the bodies of the VDV troops, and wouldn't hurt the Marines either.

I think Steve talked to you about it? What about a Cameron helping hand on this biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- A bit of work needed in the library description text - a few errors in there (spelling/grammarwise).

My English is so bad that I had to take it from Modern Firearms, I'll review it all.

Quote[/b] ]- Any chance of a stock AK74 to replace the BIS one?

Well... after many hours I was able to merge 40 textures in 3 big ones, I'm thinking on making the AK74 together with the AKMS and maybe AKS-74U with 1 texture file only, so, probably only in Version 2 but... we'll see.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, great job, I'll also send you a PM asking for permission to use these in my little home project.

And I already answered you, you know me, my works is yours to use and modify, have fun Cameron wink_o.gif

I hope you dont use BIS default weapon sounds or any nonsense like that  crazy_o.gif

The MERCS weapon sounds just made them all that much better. inlove.gif

Will be great to have some good Russians ingame.

Looking forward to this.  thumbs-up.gif

Very good indeed.

Skaven, you are on fire man!

I Love your Merc RACs

And this is grate too, both of you are doing the things very well.

I'm looking foward to this!

And, where are you from?

I hope you dont use BIS default weapon sounds or any nonsense like that  crazy_o.gif

Nah mate, the sounds aren't BIS, and they're quite nice. wink_o.gif

These units and weapons look fantastic.  thumbs-up.gif  Can't wait!

GD Mast

Pvt?

Why aim so low? I'd go officer all the way. wink_o.gif

Look at that baby face :P he looks more like a private then an officer :P

Extremely good weapon models Skaven, very good textures as well. You are unparalleled to date. I have recommended your mods to everyone in my clan and they are all very impressed. Keep up the good work.

{9thInf}Pvt.Sandman*A*

9th Infantry Able Company

Air Squadron

it all looks really good, but i think the blue tape ruins the AK74M, i presume its to mark what type of ammo is in the mag, but i think its uneccesry and detracts from the quality of it. Looking forward to this though

thumbs-up.gif awesome, finally an AK-74M!

I love the GP30, but I hope it comes with a version without it also, and pso1 would be great too.

I inlove.gif RHS

Noticed a small bug on the AK-74M model. Seems the mag is a bit low and doesn't join with the mag well.

Edit:Nevermind, it seems the second back taped to the first is slightly lower and I thought the 5.45 round at the top was something behind the rifle poking through.