Sign in to follow this  
guyguy1

BIS, Please Read This

Being able to ban by IP would also help.

That would only stop the small percentage of people who have static IPs. IP-bans are generally rather ineffective. I for one have a new IP every day.

@pepel: Yes, it is more load for the server but it does not need to render the entire scene - any server with more than one player would crumble under the load. No, there are much easier ways to calculate what data a client should recieve. I'm not sure how they do it in ETQW but it definitely seems to work and the server performance is great (in the beta anyway).

linux + iptables ftw.... awww, wait, we don't have IP reported in game sad_o.gif

I have this Maruks ID number but am not sure if im allowed to post it on these forums, if anyone wants to add it to their server ban list please contact me. Also i have a question on id numbers, basically that cheating idiot (who id like to add spoils the game and other peoples enjoyment, and really deserves a good kicking) has a 10 digit id number, while i and many others have a 8 digit number, is it only 505 version that has 8 digits?

@pepel: Yes, it is more load for the server but it does not need to render the entire scene - any server with more than one player would crumble under the load. No, there are much easier ways to calculate what data a client should recieve. I'm not sure how they do it in ETQW but it definitely seems to work and the server performance is great (in the beta anyway).

I would like to see the algoritm smile_o.gif

But I don't if it would be usable, because not all the objects in arma are solid (ie, foliage)

obviusly rendering an scene per player do not mean to make a scene rendering like clients, just some basic redering to see what really each player can see

Just say that I'm not an expert, this is just what I think with my little knowledge smile_o.gif

regards,

pepel

It´s interesting to have a look at their forums for BIS as they are offering Arma cracks and no-dvd version there. Should be perfectly ok for a legal case.

Again no grounds for legal action, its only illegal to distrubute the no cd crack WITH the game. Hosting a no cd crack is not illegal by itself.

I'm having to use a no cd crack because i binned by damn copy of arma (still have the the lic key etc tho..) and it was the only way to play Arma after i updated to 1.08.

just waiting for a bargain on ebay now....

Pr'd Till PoP (proof of purchase) is sent to Shadow (head moderator)

he(hacker) said on youtube:"Iam respected memebr of forum"

Does anybody know his nickname here?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There are some major flaws in the way internet gameplay is handled, not only with ArmA but with online games in general. They are all optimized for performance and for nothing else. Gameplay security is mostly added as an afterthought. Game devs should remember this simple rule:

Everything that happens on the client computer can be manipulated by the client.

No anti-cheat system that relies on data provided by the client can ever be truly effective, because a hacker can disable or circumvent it. Punk Buster is the best example of this, as there are hundreds of cheats out there that dance around Punk Buster as if it were a disabled kid in a wheelchair. Now and then Evenbalance manages to lash out with an update and catch a few of them but they are still losing in the long run.

To truly combat cheats we need to prevent them from working in the first place instead of trying to detect them once they exist. In order to do this effectively, the entire architecture of online games would need to be changed. The Quake Wars devs have already made some great progress in that area with their "scope of relevance" system that makes sure the server only sends data to the clients that the player avatar can know about. This is a great step toward preventing wall hacks.

That's my rant and I'm stickin' to it. If you find a typo you can keep it.

one must wonder why such genial made game like ET:QW smile_o.gif still allows use of PunkBuster smile_o.gif)

games which don't send all unneeded data to client are tons already...

problem is that most of them use just partial solution and not everywhere smile_o.gif

e.g. Unreal engines got at certain versions improvement in server to not send what user can't see / hear etc and to stop sending info about object which is xyz out of sigh/hear range for time longer than ... etc

in other games there are similar offloads like Source games ... but because of low distances e.g. in CSS it's nearly impossible to avoid WH problem

in ET:QW i still can see other player thru wall ... so You can't claim it's wallhack proof smile_o.gif

but i agree the got quite agressive culling ... but that maybe related to offload data and processing load ...

PB does quite good job against public cheats, sadly like with every protection,

it's breakable so private custom build cheats are generally safe

yet this problem exist with any anticheat trying catch clientside 'cheats'

i seriously hope that in future all MP games gets servers capable to 'keep track'

on ammunition level,

rate of fire,

speed of movement and positions,

animations switching and speed

special functions and reload speeds

health, vehicles status

share only informations in what You can see You receive

( there problem si that most games share detailed informations about anything within certain radius etc)

instead of sharing informations about sound sources use just generic placed 'sources' instead (to avoid known footstep position cheats)

this is just top of iceberg smile_o.gif i sure forgot tons

i seriously hope that in future all MP games gets servers capable to 'keep track'

on ammunition level,

rate of fire,

speed of movement and positions,

animations switching and speed

special functions and reload speeds

health, vehicles status

share only informations in what You can see You receive

( there problem si that most games share detailed informations about anything within certain radius etc)

instead of sharing informations about sound sources use just generic placed 'sources' instead (to avoid known footstep position cheats)

this is just top of iceberg smile_o.gif i sure forgot tons

+1  notworthy.gif  Do it BIS plzzz

As always well put. If anything just let the cheat client go out of sync and die. Works for me, hell let them play in their own little world for all i care. Just dont pass the junk to other clients.

That would only stop the small percentage of people who have static IPs. IP-bans are generally rather ineffective. I for one have a new IP every day.

Some of us don't have a problem with chopping off entire IP blocks. I guess it really depends on how you look at things.

As far as a lack of a central banning authority, why don't we just start up a centralized blacklist? People able to validate themselves as server admins send in numbers they've banned, and somebody keeps the list somewhere open for other admins to use. Keep the banning server ID with the ID number being banned, and then the admins can pick and choose who they trust, and ban the same people.

First it has to be made sure that there is no ID changer for Arma around...

goodnight.gif

Ahh, the keythingy they use. The question has been asked what is a real key and what isn't. I thought there was going to be a central authority for key validation. Is this not in the works?

First it has to be made sure that there is no ID changer for Arma around...

goodnight.gif

sory man, i'v seen a cheater whiyh an enormous id

That´s why I said it. It makes no sense to ban ID´s if cheaters can change them on their own.

That´s why I said it. It makes no sense to ban ID´s if cheaters can change them on their own.

is the easiest thing ever... just edit the game mem

regards,

pepel

Ive seen him around... he needs to be dealt with...

A 50 cal round to the head should do nicely.

BIS: Start a fund, and when you got enough money hire mercenaries to attack the owners of TKC and other cheating-communities biggrin_o.gif

Nah, but, what you really should do is just leave the server where a hacker/cheater is. Easiest way to get rid of them, too bad you must end your gaming though...

Damn cheaters, so dishonest, they even cheat in a game. C'mon, get a life mad_o.gif

its sad that they are PROUD on their cheating/hacking and ruining others game "for fun" (Just watch youtube commentaries)

Have read em and its quite weird that he thinks its not harming anyones enjoyment. Maybe new laws need to be put up with people wasting other peoples time biggrin_o.gif I know ive been in a few games where you have played a few hours and then some tit comes in and ruins all your input into the mission. Its hard enough to get free time to play arma, and very frustrating when you have idiots doing this to ya. Nobody answered my question by the way regarding id numbers. How many digits are they normally? as this cheat you guys have been on about has a 10 digit id number (maybe its that TKC tit?)

BIS: Start a fund, and when you got enough money hire mercenaries to attack the owners of TKC and other cheating-communities biggrin_o.gif

Nah, but, what you really should do is just leave the server where a hacker/cheater is. Easiest way to get rid of them, too bad you must end your gaming though...

Damn cheaters, so dishonest, they even cheat in a game. C'mon, get a life  mad_o.gif

Best way is a kick and #lock. Dont let them ruin your gaming, its what they want.

Theres always the Czech mafia.

"You diswespect this fine Czech company" - Said in godfather voice.

lets put up an surveillance script to see where they live and egg his

house pistols.gifpistols.gif