Sign in to follow this  
MeNeZ

Semi/auto change mode

Hi,

I often change between single round and 3 round burst ingame but then have to go through grenade, m203, something else, then single round...

Cant there just be one key to switch the 2 without cycling through everything??

huh.gif

Agree a separate "fire mode cycle" and "weapon cycle" would be nice.

+1 agree on separate "weapon mode" and "weapon cycle" buttons.

Well add it to the BTS if it's not already in there.

Yeah, gotta love those moments when you quickly need 'Semi' for that lone soldier that ran out into the open 300 yards away; 'Burst', 'Handgrenade', 'Smokeshell White', 'Smokeshell Green', 'Smokeshell Red', 'Semi', then you acidentally (in your rush) tap it once too often, meaning you have to go through it all again - by which time that lone soldier is long gone, laughing like that annoying Duck Hunt dog.

F?......changes fire mode for me

I dont know whether thats what you mean.

Hi,

I often change between single round and 3 round burst ingame but then have to go through grenade, m203, something else, then single round...

Cant there just be one key to switch the 2 without cycling through everything??

huh.gif

Agreed.

would also like to see weapons mappable to separate keys as well. that way a joystick button could be set to fire FFAR missile and another to fire bullets.

The idea is good now comes the problem with it what key to use for it got nothing left near the left side of my keyboard.

And to average joe if you got grenades, smokeshells in 3 collors, a gun with semi,burst,full you get like 7 tings to choose from with your F key.

I think you choose to load your grenades with the action menu rather than the f key, yes/no?

The idea is good now comes the problem with it what key to use for it got nothing left near the left side of my keyboard.

And to average joe if you got grenades, smokeshells in 3 collors, a gun with semi,burst,full you get like 7 tings to choose from with your F key.

Would be great if we could maybe double-tap F for semi/auto and then have normal F to cycle weapons?? whistle.gif

Would be great if we could maybe double-tap F for semi/auto and then have normal F to cycle weapons?? whistle.gif

And how will the game discern between double-tapping and cycling through weapons very fast? It needs to be two different keys to work properly.

Guest Ti0n3r

+1 vote for adding a firing mode key wink_o.gif

And how will the game discern between double-tapping and cycling through weapons very fast? It needs to be two different keys to work properly.

Yeah I know what your saying but for example I use alt to get out a vehicle and double-tap it to eject. Obviously in a rush you would be tapping that thing pretty fast to bail out...

Just use a second interval to switch fire-modes

Yeah I know what your saying but for example I use alt to get out a vehicle and double-tap it to eject. Obviously in a rush you would be tapping that thing pretty fast to bail out...

Just use a second interval to switch fire-modes

Well, what if you want to change quickly from grenade to M4 ? biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, if you wanna do step forward to better system I suggest you to vote for it on Bugtracker (link). The issue wasn't yet acknowledged sad_o.gif .

What about games where you press G to throw grenade, and a seperate button controls which grenade you throw? (FarCry would be the best example there)

that would make even more buttons anyone know if a pc can use 2 keyboards at the same time??

btw G=compass toggel/compass

how about a button to throw a greade a short distance as well, just to add to the new buttons while we are at it.

I agree this would be a great idea.

Kinda funny though, right now with default key controls, the only unbound keys on the main part of the keyboard (everythig as far as F12) are "J", RightShift, LeftWindows, RightAlt, RightWindows, and the Application button.

Agreed, we have a key to switch weapons (rifle to pistol) wich is pretty useless.

I would rather have a weapon selector and a seperate fire mode selector.

The fire mode of a rifle shouldnt change when we cycle thru other equipment, leave a vehicle, etc.

The same for vehicles (like a tank), we should have a key to select its weapons (main gun, mg) and a key to select ammunition type (sabot, heat) if available.

You have my vote, good stuff smile_o.gif .

I'm sure most would be happy enough to discard one or

other of the silly key-bindings like "salute" or "sit" and replace

it with a dedicated "fire selector" key (if such a thing was

implemented).

Agreed, we have a key to switch weapons (rifle to pistol) wich is pretty useless.

Here I must disagree, Ive put this function on the nr. 4 (NumPad - play with the arrow-keys) and it is very useful to me, I saved my arse more than once this way...

Topic ->  + my vote for a separate key for fire mode or just staying at same mode when cycling weapons.