Sign in to follow this  
diveplane

X-FI Soundcard users

having had mega trouble starting this great sim..

it was my x-fi creative music sound card that was causing the issue, so i disabled my sound card ,then went into my bios and enabled my realtek onboard sound card,

the sim works flawless now....so impressed with this ...

dev team did a great job in this...

biggrin_o.gif

.................so any 1 else thats been having issues with this sim and has the latest creative card...try what i did if you have onboard sound or another sound card to change....

i think the dev team know about this and creative cards issue....

even with the latest drivers it never worked...

..........so glad i got this sim... smile_o.gif

No problem here. Make sure you have the latest drivers, make sure the card setting is on game mode - this is very important, finally make sure you install the latest OpenAL driver.

Good luck.

again never worked as you stated above

latest open al drivers and set to game mode..never worked for me..?

i was running the x-fi creative music card....

Well thats too bad about that music card purchase, since that is the real issue, its NOT a real game card. If you read reveiws, and purchase coments on Newegg ect, you would seen that its not really a X-fi, and it sucks at gaming. Tho a reinstall of your drivers with the CD may fix it.

doesn't suck here - works flawlessly in everything I've pitted it against smile_o.gif

hmmm other games where fine with the card

by no means do any of the x-fi cards suk...

Well thats too bad about that music card purchase, since that is the real issue, its NOT a real game card. If you read reveiws, and purchase coments on Newegg ect, you would seen that its not really a X-fi, and it sucks at gaming. Tho a reinstall of your drivers with the CD may fix it.

You are thinking of the Extreme Audio card. The Extreme Music is a proper soundcard with hardware support.

in sticky there is link to latest Xfi beta driver ... try it

Hi all,

why symptons did the x-fi card give you? I have a very high end rig and the only place I didn't "splurge" was the soundcard... I just got the x-fi extreme audio version (the music one).

what symptons did you have?

it was my x-fi creative music sound card that was causing the issue, so i disabled my sound card ,then went into my bios and enabled my realtek onboard sound card,

Don't think I could go back to onboard after a string of PCI cards. Creative's shoddy driver support does get under my skin though. That said, I haven't had any problems with my X-fi "Xtrememusic" (who comes up with these product names?). Can't live without ArmA + surround.

I do not have problems, if I use the sound of the "X-Fi Extreme Music" and on the Motherboard!

Onboardsound is for TS and X-Fi is for gaming.

Check IRQ and the allocation of the card locations (PCI-Slot)!

Oh I have to agree.. I also went through that issue and removed my x fi.. helped alot.. still not flawless but nice improvement.

i got a x-fi extream gamer arma works fine but i did have bsod with the Audigy 2.

i am using the same setting as Blackland and am too have no problem aside from the a little over done EAX effect, this game does act weird huh.gif

I have no problems with mines. You don't need a pricey sound card to get the best out of the game (like the one Razer offers). I have good surround sound speakers and the game sounds great to me.

I had the x-fi extreme ( not a cheap sound card or fake ).. it still causes problems with this game.. and even more if you have an 8800..

they battle for resources like two friggin gladiators..until one just dies.. regardless your going to crash from one or the other if you use it. all other games.. no problems.. arma.. no luck.. got rid of it and wala.. in business..

Are you guys using the game mode? I have an XFI Fatal1ty, and ArmA is fine, but I believe stuff like EAX (and possibly OpenAL) are disabled if you are using creation or music modes.

i have a 8800gtx, a xfi extremegamer (indeed, lol@name) running on XP64bit...all latest drivers, never had any problem.

ok some 1 told me to uninstall open al..i did and reinstall them again..

now my creative card finaly work yeppie...

have to beat around with this sim to get it to run.. confused_o.gif

So, how the X-Fi working with ArmedA now days? I just picked up a SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional from CompUSA for 99.00 (is currently $50 off) and figured it was a good time to retire my old 2003 Audigy card.

So, how the X-Fi working with ArmedA now days? I just picked up a SoundBlaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional from CompUSA for 99.00 (is currently $50 off) and figured it was a good time to retire my old 2003 Audigy card.

Mine works great. Helps me ingame to hear the enemys footsteps and where they're coming from smile_o.gif

I've got an X-Fi XtremeMusic, and i've never ever had a problem with it.

Same here! Xfi xtreme music and running just fine. smile_o.gif