Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

Health Bar

Hi just added a healthbar to the game for your soldier. It appears uderneath the firemode and ammo bar at the top left.

This is a standalone mod.

Also updated my newview with the health bar too.

Check the thread for a link.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/168/arma2007070718554379lu6.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/5338/arma2007070717545870xa0.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/728/arma2007070717544639wl8.jpg

Let me know of any bugs. Thanks

http://rapidshare.com/files/41584413/Health_Bar.rar.html

And thanks to Armaholic for the link

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1599

Enjoy!

It's bad style to overwrite the whole ArmA configuration, as your addon won't be compatible to future patches or total conversion mods...

Please do not hotlink images > 100kb.

I have just added code not overiten it.

I shall update them as new patches come out.

sorry for the images.

It's bad style to overwrite the whole ArmA configuration, as your addon won't be compatible to future patches or total conversion mods...

Please do not hotlink images > 100kb.

anything wrong with you tonite? most of maps or addons have to be updated if a new patch has been released. and that we got 8 patches with in a half year is not our fault.

thanks.

Hey ColonelSandersLite sorry not sure what you mean by "stream lining it"?

Sorry for sounding abit thick.

Oh c'mon!

Where is the realism?!

The ArmA, like the OFP, was a exelect game not only because you could drive boats, cars, tanks, planes and helicopters (well, also UFOs, Tie-Fighters and other tipes of addons).

But this... c'mon man, use you talent to make other things.

But don't be mad, i like that because you are good doing things that i can barely do.

I would like to have your scripting knowledge.

My post may be it's a little violent or agressive, but i love so much the tipe of games where you have to stay in cover because if you where hit and you didn't you had to thank god, but now i can be hit and if i see that i have a chanse i could stay doing what i was doing.

Yes, i know that the MOD don't add heal or something like that...

Well, just don't listen to me.

Thanks for your opinion. This is for anyone who wants to use it. If you dont like it you dont have to use it. Im not a scripter at all and have no knowlage of it. Im just tinkering around to see what i can do. And these are what ive come up with.

But thanks for the constructive critisism.

Might as well put my FLAME suite on eh!

i don't care about health bar, but a fuel bar! That would be very handy - i don't understand why it is hidden by default.

For example, if you find some abandoned vehicles, you would just get in to immediately see how much fuel it does have left, and you could eventually use another vehicle with more fuel.

After i finish the zombies and get back to porting "psycho slayer" to ArmA, i will need this for the vehicles in there.

Yeah i don't really want a health bar its just kinda cheesy in ArmA and just doesn't feel right especially when it doesn't take many bullets to kill ya and you can only heal if you have a medic around or something. Maybe if you changed the Ammo from just Numbers to something else but being creative about it I think maybe ppl might jump onto that.

i like the idea of a fuel bar acturally, after all the health bar isnt that needed for me as it just take a few shot to end your life, not to mention a headshot

i wonder if a ui shows which part of your body is hitted is possible too?

Nice work... but i keep my Arma as it already is. Such a health bar is not the kind of realism i like to play.

Hey guys, u seem to know much about modding the UI, i have a widescreen, and the windows, especially the GPS one annoys me alot. Its too far to the right, how can i change its position pls?

I wonder if a ui shows which part of your body is hitted is possible too?

Now that, my friend, is an idea. A simple little display, similar to the vehicle display, that tells you where you're hurt. Should be possible to do.

Yeah, that would be OK. Problem is there's no way as of yet to differentiate between left and right arms or legs, so you'd be left with either legs, arms or torso hits (since headshots usually kill and can't be differentiated from torso hits as of yet).

I beg to differ:

selectionHeadWound = "head injury";

selectionBodyWound = "body injury";

selectionLArmWound = "l arm injury";

selectionRArmWound[] = {"r arm injury", "p arm injury"};

selectionLLegWound = "l leg injury";

selectionRLegWound[] = {"r leg injury", "p leg injury"};

And this wed just have to add a new class for them like these:

class HitHead {

armor = 0.7;

material = -1;

name = "hlava_hit";

visual = "";

passThrough = true;

};

class HitBody {

armor = 0.8;

material = -1;

name = "telo";

visual = "";

passThrough = true;

};

class HitHands {

armor = 0.5;

material = -1;

name = "ruce";

visual = "";

passThrough = true;

};

class HitLegs {

armor = 0.5;

material = -1;

name = "nohy";

visual = "";

passThrough = true;

i dont want to script it! Cant script anyways. I just alter code or add code. Ill have a blast and see what i come up with.

Yeah but just like the Health bar it's not really need as at times you'll hardly be able to see it cause you'd die so fast.

I say work on Ammo and change the ammo clips from numbers to something else.

maybe a replacement? to replace the ammo counter at UI?

"Where is the realism?!

The ArmA, like the OFP, was a exelect game not only because you could drive boats, cars, tanks, planes and helicopters (well, also UFOs, Tie-Fighters and other tipes of addons)."

someone was complaining about realism hers my take-- in ofp /arma ive heard many people say" i think i was shot" or hey man looks like you were shot, is that realism? not at all, in real life you know your shot, and you know if your dieing for the most part, so i thgink this will add realism if anything. good work, sorry lamers complain first just to look cool. we all know that if ya dont like everything then ya must be cool!?

i think if ypu ask someone who was shot thye would say that they knew it

I wonder if every member of this forum is going to report in to give their personal negative opinion about an added gameplay feature that they aren't required to download.

No one cares how elite you think you are.

1) Some players want a health bar.

2) Hedcrusha took advantage of the powerful ArmA engine and catered to the needs of those players.

3) The only responses we should be seeing should be those that either:

A) Report bugs, so that it can be made better.

B) Express thanks, so that he can know his work is appreciated.

This because your silence is already taken as lack of approval.

Uziyahu--IDF is right.

People who want this will welcome it. Plus you guys have to remember that we won't only see regular army as ArmA progresses.

We're likely to see spaceships, big robots, aliens and all that weird stuff. A health/damage bar will be handy in those future mods.

I for one don't care for it, but my opinion won't matter to someone who wants to use it.

Keep up the innovative, good work mate. wink_o.gif