Sign in to follow this  
SniperRedFox

Where did all the Berzerk servers go?

Ok, this really pisses me off... I go away from ArmA for a while (because it wasn't working) and come back, and all the Berzerk servers are gone.. The only ones left are either European (not joining a 100-200 ping server) or are servers w/ no reticles/3rd person/map indicators etc...

Where did they all go?

They really need to start up the servers again... Evolution is only fun for a while.

ArmA isn't meant to be a game where you play against AI 100% of the time. Or where you play one type of map/scenario rather than many.

They need to come out with a great CTI game so those will become the majority. CTI would be so much better than playing against AI.

I really think that the issue is that so far, no one has been able to develop a solid MP style of play that fits ArmA well. Basic CTI has some appeal, but the island is too large. For whatever reason, no one wants to do C&H (my personal fave). Maybe bad gamelogic? Dunno what the real reason is.

In any event, I have full confidence that eventually someone will build a game that people want to play.

Well, I'd like to see Evo continue, but I really want a player vs. player style come forward. I'm SO sick of fighting against AI...

a highly improved update of the map pack including many more features is coming very soon!

I'm just trying to implement a possibility to create/join/leave a squad ingame, as known from evolution, but more simple.

what the community itself will do with it ... we will see.

some paypal donations could speed all up, what about that?

whistle.gif

regards,

zap

I think they started playing Evolution.

LOL Quoted for Truth.

If you want a PVP style fairly similar to Evo.. try RTS.. its same principal... capture the towns, but with more of an RTS element.

A lot of people are starting to play RTS now. =D

I guess a CTI on BIS new island in the expansion would be ok.

I see a berzerk server now n then...

IMO i think it's more fun than evo'.

smile_o.gif

Also, how are the islands too big for CTI?

One form of CTI I would like to see, is that the Americans control the southern island, East controls the north.

The initial battleground is Corazol, which will be divided in half between the two sides.

The objective would be, of course, to capture the entire island.

However, only certain towns can be captured at certain points to ensure concentration of players. Mobile spawns can also be set up at a minimum of 500m from a town.

The US Airfield would be based on Rahmadi, and the East Airfield would be based on Antigua. The Pita and Paraiso airfields would serve as places to rearm and refuel, as well as spawn points for additional transport helicopters.

Cities will be the main places for combat, and towns serve as launching points for an assault on the next town.

Once you capture a city, the enemy immediately gains control of nearby towns, allowing them to launch a counterattack. The attackers can capture the towns and are then able to launch an attack on the next city.

Evolution and coops is all this game is good for, and can i just say "please get rid of that Berzerk Airfield map". I don't think i have ever been on that map where the USMC win, its just so uneven its gets boring (no offence).

This game is dying a death fast because apart from a few people nobody else wants to make maps for it. I used to make CTF maps in OPF that people raved about, but i won't for this because i don't enjoy it.

When i made CTF maps in ofp i had a vision of how the games would play out. I had to take into account speed, tactics, and a whole load of other things like campers.. Ect. This game however, is so slow in its animations and movments that any CTF i think about i soon forget about. I'm just not prepared to put my ofp name to such a boring experience.

I have made maps for TNT and other leagues in ofp. Just so yous know what i'm talking about.

updates will be delayed ... computer doesn't work anymore ... hopefully it's only the power supply .. dunno .. it suxx

no money for things like that right now.... crazy_o.gif

Dusty's game room is running Both on our servers

Berzerker and evo

two servers no waiting

I don't see any RTS servers right now.

My server plays RTS-IV 90% of the time. See my sig for server info.

Typically we get around 30-50 people for a game. There's a South, North and North-South version of RTS-IV atm.

Mainboard failure ... berzerk v1.24 is ready to release, but my computer is down ... no money to buy a new one in time ...

sorry about that ... can take some weeks or months to get a new one.

done so far:

Fully rebuild main engine (100% sqf-precompiled) for minimal server load

-Exact timing on server loop

-Client synchronized to main server loop

-Publicvariable count extremly reduced

-Trigger count extremly reduced

-A10 added ... as all other (known) features discovered in ArmA v1.08

-Laserdesignator added, selectable in Launcher dropdown

-Scoring for capturing a target (TargetScore x 5)

-User list containing (time,id,name,score,connections), stored on server

-Ranking depending on your score

-No more weapons/ammunition in civil vehicles including motorcycles

-New dialogs for new features and reworked the other ones

-Mobile HQ (Medic-BMP from Base) added, as alternative respawn

-Player maximum increased to 50 vs. 50, depends on server settings!

-multiple player classes added for maximum flexibility

-Random weather routine on server, synchronized on clients

-Magazine and ammo bugs fixed (GP25/Dragunov/M16+M203) ... as known

still todo ...

-Squad system depending on your ranking/score

-Basic anti TK system

-individual actions added to these classes to improve capabilities

-scoring for individual actions (successful transport/ medic assistance and so on ...)

pictures will follow ...

it really suxx... regards,

zap

Sorry to hear that Zaphod.

I like the Berzerk maps a lot.

I hope you will be able to get your computer running soon.

thumbs-up.gif

berzerk lab. back on air ... update this weekend !!!

so no one care about .... so i don't ... goodnight.gif

Roger roger, Mr Publicity Trip.