Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Why so many Evolution servers?

Having a single local server to play on which is Evo 24\7 highlights it. Not many players around these parts. Fifteen+ players on is great, and a rarity. Having 10 quit when an admin changes the map from Evo.. sucks (of course..I don't really care - don't need vast sums of players to have a good time, still...in the interest of community - it sucks.).

Yea, at least we're allowed to hijack the server and do what we want though biggrin_o.gif

If those players quit when we change the map, then they'll either have to adjust or they will get tired of ArmA. We had a good time on Sunday with about 10 people, trying different coops. Imagine how badly those coops would go if the Evo addicts who never bother to use TS would stay? Some of those small coops demand proper teamwork, something many Evo addicts just don't do.

Evo is a terrible way to recruit new players. It doesn't represent ArmA gameplay as it should be, and it can put off people who may have liked ArmA if they got to experience it properly.

Yeah we really only need a few 24/7 Evo servers no use having 20 of them when only 2-4 servers has 10+ players.

We need more CTF and Co-op and above all CTI!

Guest Ti0n3r

So true. I've only seen 4 CTF servers so far, all of them running various kinds of corridor CTF's (I think that's what they're called) sad_o.gif

More CTF! And new version of Hexenkessel! By the way, could somebody tell me why it is called just that way?

What do you want to see in the new version?

Very strange. People want CTF, but there`s almost no CTF, in spite of just the same people make all servers and they should accept user`s requests

Very strange. People want CTF, but there`s almost no CTF, in spite of just the same people make all servers and they should accept user`s requests

erm.. nobody wants CTF and everybody wants CTI whistle.gif

but still very strange why only few servers are actually around...  banghead.gif

Well it seems to me that there are LOTS of evo servers, but they never completely fill... Im assuming this is because people like to start their own 'fresh' game so they can get their points quicker :|

also the more players means more lag.. But if evo players got together on servers and filled them up, we'd have more free servers for CTFs! :P But its never gonna happen unless servers remove Evo from their list.

Well it seems to me that there are LOTS of evo servers, but they never completely fill... Im assuming this is because people like to start their own 'fresh' game so they can get their points quicker :|

also the more players means more lag.. But if evo players got together on servers and filled them up, we'd have more free servers for CTFs! :P But its never gonna happen unless servers remove Evo from their list.

Yepp agree!

Evo will be coming off ours very shortly wink_o.gif

Edit:-

Btw sometimes we have to switch off the public server-which if some ppl have been playing for 5+ hrs thats gonna piss ppl off!

It's not just Evolution; almost all the servers today are running "mod/missions" (Evo, RTS4, Berzerk) that drastically change the feel of the game (that were developed largely by OFP editorvets). It's hard to find stock ArmA gameplay, and when you do, it's a coop. Must be pretty confusing for new players.

Anyway, Evolution is getting worn out if threads like this are any indication. It's just a matter of something half-innovative coming along to replace it.

Also people have yet to realize that maps like crCTI could be played as a coop game.

Sure, the addons are not helping this kind of map to be popular. If only BIS could implement a decent addon manager that should be available ingame...

It's hard to find stock ArmA gameplay, and when you do, it's a coop.

What is "stock ArmA gameplay" for you?

I don't believe the few halfhearted official DM/CTF/SC missions would ever attract many players to multiplayer. The only good official missions are coop and ArmA shouldn't be limited to just this.

It always were the custom missions with innovative gamemodes that made OFP mp big.

The last ting i heard from CTI was that they still had problems with the JIP but that was like 3 months ago, anyone got a link to some info about it?

Just an update for some of ya.

MFCTI is being worked on by several people. Binkster, and Volkov. their only Betas at the moment.

I know Binkster is looking for someone who knows SQF and scripting, maybe ya might wanna talk to him.

Besides that. On the 88th Blue Devils Server we are constantly playing other games besides Evo.

So come check us out sometime on our Server, play some fun DMs CTFs Coops and beta testing MFCTI

Bump, 'cause it's smarter than making a new thread.

I'm also sick of Evolution. I'm a helicopter guy, both supporting and fighting. My biggest problem with Evo is that you have to rank up just you can fly an MH6.

I really want more PvP, it's great fun, Berzerk's really awesome.

I've been playing CRCTI it's fun takes me back to the ofp days.

You can play on an imported Everon too. which is very FPS friendly

RTS 1.10 has been uploaded to Karr's server by the way... for those interested. It has more variables at the start, you can choose a different victory and choose between Resources/Resource money/Hybrid of both.

Also i'd love to have some more C&H's like berzerk, but over an area similar to that of Battlefield 1985/Riverbattle/Battle Of The Bulge from OFP.

Problem is no-one seems to be making these maps. If i had a C&H template i'd be happy to give it a shot myself, but im not a good mapmaker/scripter or anything, so making it from scratch would be pointless. More C&H's more like OFP's style would be great!! biggrin_o.gif

I have been on playing the "bezerk" servers latley having a great time being cannon fodder for human players. Its refreshing to see no AI! being able to use any avalible weapons/ vehicals. Having the ability to spawn at any foward area that your team has control of make for some real fun firefights! It has been my expierence that the games run one to two hours. Which is perfect if you don't have all day to rank up just to operate a specific weapon system,Or spend a better part of your time driving to or looking for a ride to the front only to be shot in the eye bye the AI! pistols.gif

Unfortunatly by the time MFCTI is all said and done there will be alot more addons than people might want. Once CWC comes out for ArmA MFCTI will be completed. Right now it's just slowly looking good. Lack of vehicals and scripters is making it a very slow and painfull wait. However Binkster is doing a wonderfull job and hopefully there will be another playable beta for it very soon.

I'll admit evolution is pretty fun, but come on man we need variety and what happened to joining a random match and playing for five minutes? It seems like you have to join a clan just to play online.

Evolution is simple now still the hot mod coz it is easy to learn and have the evolving systems. Considering to CTI. Well to me the best CTI mode is obviously crCTI and its still embrassing me why there is hardly any those guys from OFP crcti community playing that in ArmA but u could see in OFP that they have in every evening always 20 persons game up.

We play a lot of crCTI on our test server, I guess its not popular with the general public for the same reason CTF and C&H isn't as popular as CO-OP... cause most ppl get their ass whooped in Human vs Human and would rather play against AI..... don't ask me why.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Were gonna be running a good CTF server with that map Hexxenkessel or whatever its called. I ran it on my compuer with 5 other *=SAS=* members, and ppl started to join -regardless of ping- we got to about 9 people.

i think the problem here is most of ya dont look at other servers playing other missions

we have 138 missions for our server. only 3 are evo

probly the saddest thing i witness is when there have been 8 evo missions played in 30 minutes on our server and they all were started by someone different who goes kills 2 guys he dies then quits...

when 3.0 evo was released i played it 5 times. from start to completion. then i was bored and saw how people only wanted to play evo

so i got other missions goin. cti coop ctf zombie dm...

ever since ive had humdreds of players join wanting to play one of the fun missions they played last time

yea im from kellys-heroes clan, and we used to have evo on a set day, but now we dont have evo on our server anymore, and we have a full server pretty much everday.

you u dont like evo come to our server your all welcome and plus we have an admin on the server 24/7