Sign in to follow this  
Club-On

ARMA GHOST RECON

MISSION RELEASE on the first post.

Any bugs, anything wrong, please let me know.

will be fixe smile_o.gif

thanks.

thanks Ryan_D, have u seen some bugs in it?

you or somebody...

cheers

Hmmm, the mission never ended. I looked everywhere, all the enemies were dead. But that was the only bug I noticed. Still, it was cool. wink_o.gif

I have a missing config.bin message when launching the mission, but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay for the moment.

I just love the atmosphere of this mission, and saw no bug so far, but i'm still just after joining Yankee, got some work left !

Thanks a lot for this mission, it's very refreshing !

Okay I fixed the mission about some bugs and about the end (just a stupid line forgot in the "alivechek") the end start after last objectif complete (destroy the tanks by the air support or "new" by yourself)

final version should be online tonight on armaholic and here

thank's guys

final version should be online tonight on armaholic and here

thank's guys

Yes, I have edited the page and made it ready for release...

But I am a bit in doubt what to do, your mission contains GR sounds from GRAW and GR1 (redstorm and GRIN) if I saw it correctly.

Wouldnt this be illegal?

I know about the ever ongoing discussion about this matter, but I would like to see an clearification from you.

Maybe you can add some proper credits to all involved companies?

I dont feel like being haunted by UBI......my wallet isnt thick enough to settle with them sad_o.gif

I hope you understand my "holding back" with this thumbs-up.gif

This would fall under copyright infringement and possibly trademark laws. Credits will not suffice. I would bet dimes to dollars that you will most likely need "expressed written permission."

But hey, what do I know? I practiced this sort of law before I started managing investments so my knowledge may be rusty on the matter.

okay

I completely enderstand you.

But don't worry about that, I have been looking for this answer to this question for a long time, and everything was clear for ARMA GEAR SOLID and ARMA GHOST RECON :

-For the music from METAL GEAR SOLID I sent a mail to https://www.konami.co.jp/inquiry....product

and they told me back the mission need to be free, and

they ask a picture of the bill of

MGS2 and MGS3 soundtraks, MGS2substance on PC. I sent again a mail with everything (Link of the mission aswel lol).

-For the music from GHOST RECON and GRAW series. I also sent a mail to "Bill BROWN" creator of GR, R6, SOAF... soundtracks, i got his mail address by those contacts

First Artists Management

Randy Gerston

16000 Ventura Blvd., Suite 605

Encino, CA 91436

(818)377-7750

AFFILIATION

Broadcast Music, Incorporated (BMI)

8730 Sunset Boulevard, Third Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90069-2211

Telephone (310)659-9109

Fax (310)657-6947

All of the GHOST RECON musics you can hear in the mission are on internet for free, so the mission need also to be free.

About the GRAW music I called

UBISOFT

1st Floor, Chertsey Gate East,

London Street,

Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8AP

Telephone 0905  482  0109

and it's same case, like you can find the maintheme for free on the GRAWdemo. so is not illegal to use it (I could use all af the voices in the demo aswel if I want).

SO the most importante thing for them it's the free access to the mission. Only make money via those sounds will be defenatly illegal. that's it xmas_o.gif

I don't want to get trouble about this and I respect UBI and KONAMI job so it' my duty to look after this. before to put online the missions, and it's a good thing to ask me that. thumbs-up.gif

ClubOn,

You did everything you had too. In case there is any doubt remaining, if you did all that was listed you are absolutely free from worry. I applaud you for doing all that. Most people wouldn't even consider it.

thank's mate

Yeah I did all of this, like 4 months ago. I did it because I will make more missions like AGS2, AGR2, AR6, AGScampaign... I think they understoud i'm only a hude fan of those games. not a businessman or someone want to make mony by them york.

But a lot of things today are illegal so I just be careful. band.gif

could you upload the mission to another server ?, that page only ask to type the four letters code again and again ... confused_o.gif

Shouldn't ask you a number?!

Anyway i puted a new mirror smile_o.gif

hope u can dl on it... still waiting for Armaholic, I realy hope Foxhound will be ok to host the an AGR page. confused_o.gif

Hey Club-on, nice mission.

Only thing i didn't like are those cut-scenes that the player needs to watch while he's already in the mission. It's distracting and destroys concentration. Also, the cutscenes don't pay attention to what the player did beforehand - one time i saw a cutscene with the dead guys i already shot.

I understand your intention to create a 'movie-like' atmosphere, but i wouldn't do many cutscenes in the mission, just before and afterwards. Just my opinion of course.

Another thing: all mission goals are static. Ever thought about making them random ? You know, random things to do at random areas, that would boost replayability.

I'm working on such a concept right now, i'll send you a PM when i got a prototype ready.

Keep on working mate, your mission has great atmosphere smile_o.gif

Hi ])rStrangelove.

To many cutscenes? ok i note the critic... or mabe the mission to much short for to many cutscenes. Witch cutsene did u saw a enemies all ready shot? (1,2,3?)

I work actualy on my next one MGS2 will be with random objectifs I know it's a great idea.

Thank's for the compliment send me your mission mate, sure,

I will send u a prtotype of MGS2 when it will ready aswell, to get ur opignion

club-on@hotmail.fr xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I understand your intention to create a 'movie-like' atmosphere, but i wouldn't do many cutscenes in the mission, just before and afterwards. Just my opinion of course.

It's not only "movie like", it's essentially "Ghost recon like", wich was the purpose of the mission wink_o.gif

Ok, wrong term but same meaning for me. wink_o.gif

I'm playing through GRAW2 right now and the cutscenes are alright, they either start before or after an actionpart and they have enough 'distance' to actionparts before i actually feel 'distracted' by them. That's what i was trying to describe.

GRAW2 MP coop is awesome tbh, only problem is you can learn the maps pretty quickly since everything is static (enemy positions) or event-scripted (if 1st tank is gone a heli arrives and several new enemy rappel down).

A randomized version of that gameplay is exactly what we'd need for ArmA MP COOP. I'll add some fun things into my random concept, like enemies going into the position right before the players reach the next objective. That's a great feature in GRAW2 i think.  smile_o.gif

New link on ARMAHOLIC, cheers Foxhound.

(view first post)

nice job looks like alot of work but I have one problem with this concept. If you want Ghost Recon or ArmA to be like Ghost Recon, why not just play/buy Ghost Recon.

It would be really insteresting if someone could make mission like in the orginal Ghost Recon.

I just love Ghost Secon series specially before advanced war fighter, I like GRAW aswell but not the pc version...

ARMA give you better graphic than the first GR series, so I enjoy alot to make a mission looks like the game with GR soundtraks, much better than ARMA sound traks fore me, but hold on! I'm a huge fan of ARMA...

ps: I'v got all of GHOST RECON series and still play on it (lol sometimes) but that doesn't provent me to make AGR; and AGR2 xmas_o.gif .